Best Looking HID Temp.?

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

do you buy the kit? or can you just buy the bulb?
You need the kit if you're buying it for the first time.  The kit essentially is the bulb with the ballast.  If you're buying just the bulb and there is no ballast connection, you're buying "HID like" halogen bulbs.

You need to make sure you get the right size as well, ie when I had my '04 Accord the size was 9006 (I believe...it's been 5-6 yrs since I've had the car).
thanks for the info....i have a 99 solara, im 90% that its size is 9003....do you know where i can get the best deal on the kit? ebay? ...im looking for 6000k btw

Originally Posted by wj4

do you buy the kit? or can you just buy the bulb?
You need the kit if you're buying it for the first time.  The kit essentially is the bulb with the ballast.  If you're buying just the bulb and there is no ballast connection, you're buying "HID like" halogen bulbs.

You need to make sure you get the right size as well, ie when I had my '04 Accord the size was 9006 (I believe...it's been 5-6 yrs since I've had the car).
thanks for the info....i have a 99 solara, im 90% that its size is 9003....do you know where i can get the best deal on the kit? ebay? ...im looking for 6000k btw
I'm out of the loop now as to where to buy one since my last 3 cars came with xenon standard.  Prices have dropped tremendously though.  I paid around $400 for a decent kit back then, you can get a similar kit for around $100 now. 

Originally Posted by StonedFace

/thread
smokin.gif

It was a toss up between that and 5000k for me...ended up going 6000k after I saw my seller's cars with them on.

I got my kit from DDMtuning.com

I ordered them 2 Christmas' ago and they work great. I dont know about the Solara but on my car I needed to get the error canceling units so that they didnt trip the headlight error on my cars computer.

I have a couple friends who go them off Ebay and they are pretty much the same thing tho. So I would say you could be safe on ebay. But I would go with one based in the US, for return/exchange purposes.

6k with yellow fogs. Stock h.i.d is the best for actual vision but 6k looks the best and it doesnt do much harm for vision

Back
Top Bottom