Best places to eat in DC

What's a good place to grab some dinner in the area. Gotta take the wife out to a nice dinner. (No Simpin)

If she likes sea food, Hank's Oyster Bar is really good. I was there last week. Fairly priced, great taste. It's on Q and 17.

I don' care. I'm going back to school soon so I gotta get some good food in me before I leave> Nothing too ritzy atmosphere-wise; but price-wiseI'm good to go.

Originally Posted by Buddha with Blazers

Founding Farmers in the World Bank Building
I came in here just to say that. Had breakfast there yesterday and it was amazing

It always cracks me up how people say "whats a good place to eat" and everyone says "Mortons" or "Ruth Chris." There are HUNDREDSmore options then two mediocre steak house/chain restaurants that can be found in any and every major city in America.

Founding Farmers is a good choice, its a little to "earthy, hippy, crunchy granola" for me and I also think its a little over priced for what it is,just my opinion.

Since I am assuming "money isnt a problem" Ill go ahead and give you a rundown of some of my favorite spots to eat in DC that dont require a shirtand tie and are in laid back environments.

Glover Park

Town Hall in Glover Park: Traditional American food, very good, relaxed crowd and very good service.

Kitchen 2404 in Glover Park: Southern Food with a edge, once again, very good food and a relaxed environment.

Adams Morgan

Lauriol Plaza in Adams Morgan/Dupont/Midtown very good Mexican Food, it is ALWAYS packed so it is kind of a lound environment, but they have tons of seatingand the service is fantastic as well as the food.

Georgetown

Martins right on Wisconsin...now that Nathans has closed, Martins is one of the last none chain restaurants left in Georgetown it feels, excellent Americanfood, good service and not to pricey.

U Street

Marvin named after Marvin Gaye its one of DC's newer spots, it has great southern food (shrimp and grits) type deal. They also do Chicken and Waffles whichare also fantastic.

Downtown

Central: Michael Richard, once again, hands down one of the best places in DC, food ranges in price, I wouldnt go unless you were ready to drop at or above$100 for dinner.

Hope this helps.

It really all depends on what u want to spend...

If u lookin for something with a nice atmosphere and not 2 pricey, "Bust Boys & Poets" on 14th & V (by U St.) is a greatspot...

Theres also a small Soul Food spot called "Ohhs andAhhhs" (sp?) on U & 10th thats real good, I recommended the Teriyaki Salmon Salad

Something a little more pricey thats actually not in DC (its in Fairfax) is "Texas de Brazil"

I don't know if anyone on here is familiar with it but its similiar to other brazilian resaraunts where they comearound all type of meats (A variety of top notch steaks, chicken, pork, lamb, sausage etc) and they carve them onto ur plate
pimp.gif

It threw me off the first time I went becase theres no menu's, they basically seat u and u help yourself to a bombbuffet to start off, and when u sit down u have a card with a red side and a green side, when u flip it to green the carvers basically swarm you with all typeof meats and can get as much as u want...

Your probably looking at about $75 a person but it's well worth it, it's definitely an experience..

Chef Geoff downtown is a pretty good spot, kinda on the more classy side but still affordable. Very good happy hour deals as well.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

It always cracks me up how people say "whats a good place to eat" and everyone says "Mortons" or "Ruth Chris." There are HUNDREDS more options then two mediocre steak house/chain restaurants that can be found in any and every major city in America.

Founding Farmers is a good choice, its a little to "earthy, hippy, crunchy granola" for me and I also think its a little over priced for what it is, just my opinion.

Since I am assuming "money isnt a problem" Ill go ahead and give you a rundown of some of my favorite spots to eat in DC that dont require a shirt and tie and are in laid back environments.

Glover Park

Town Hall in Glover Park: Traditional American food, very good, relaxed crowd and very good service.

Kitchen 2404 in Glover Park: Southern Food with a edge, once again, very good food and a relaxed environment.

Adams Morgan

Lauriol Plaza in Adams Morgan/Dupont/Midtown very good Mexican Food, it is ALWAYS packed so it is kind of a lound environment, but they have tons of seating and the service is fantastic as well as the food.

Georgetown

Martins right on Wisconsin...now that Nathans has closed, Martins is one of the last none chain restaurants left in Georgetown it feels, excellent American food, good service and not to pricey.

U Street

Marvin named after Marvin Gaye its one of DC's newer spots, it has great southern food (shrimp and grits) type deal. They also do Chicken and Waffles which are also fantastic.

Downtown

Central: Michael Richard, once again, hands down one of the best places in DC, food ranges in price, I wouldnt go unless you were ready to drop at or above $100 for dinner.

Hope this helps.

2nd Lauriol Plaza

Originally Posted by TeePeso

Fogo De Chao

Second that, Fogo De Chao is really good, plus its like a show when you go there with the way you are served. Only thing I dont like about it, is that its kindof in a remote part of town for a Friday evening, saturday evening dinner.

Also, Hook does really good seafood but its a little more of a jacket/tie type place.

Old Ebbitt Grill is another one and as for Fogo, I ate so much steak I didn't want to eat any for months.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Old Ebbitt Grill is another one and as for Fogo, I ate so much steak I didn't want to eat any for months.
pimp.gif

Old Ebbitt has a good location, but I dont think I have ever had a good meal there, and I am far from a restaurant snob...I had ribs and french fries and bothtasted like they were from the frozen food section. The oyster bar is top notch, but outside of that its only good for happy hours and potential white houseintern take downs.

Bout to go check out the Rugby cafe in GT. Holla at you in a few hours. ...........

Perry's... great drink specials and sushi/asian fusion specials for happy hour. Has a rooftop bar too.

Back
Top Bottom