Best Producer on the mic...

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

3 Pages and no mention of the "Chocolate Boy Wonder"?

pete rock was mentioned numerous times on the 1st page. i think the OP listed him in the top 5

^^Yeah I just saw that MyT brought him up.

His diff. color letters throw me off some time.

the RZA is my favorite....theres time where I like his raps more then anybody elses in the Clan.

MF DOOM and it's not even close.

Doom is my dude....but you must mention dude every chance you get (haven't seen you on here in a minute tho)

this thread is rediculous
indifferent.gif
...its kanye.

Hmmm...I was gonna say Pete Rock, but I don't think dude writes all his stuff. After hearing his newest joint, there is no way dude wrote half the *@!% hesaid. Plus, when was the last time he dropped an album where he spit on the majority of it? Pete drops an album like that once every 5 years, so can wereally consider him a rapper?

DJ Quik automatically goes to the top of my list. He is the main rapper and producer on every one of his albums, and for me and my tastes, they're alldope.

Jay Dee is also up there. Dudes are steady sleeping on his mic skills. When I think back to when I first heard "Fantastic, Vol. 2" when itoriginally dropped, I had no idea which voices belonged to what member of the group. After getting familiar, I was shocked that the producer had the illestflow out of the crew.

And I gotta mention Havoc, although he has fallen off on the beat tip as of late. But for a few years now, Hav has held down Mobb Deep on the lyrical side,IMO. And the production legacy isn't even a question.

Kanye gets love, too. Although I'm not a huge fan of his, I do enjoy his music for about a month after it drops. He's good at what he does, withoutquestion.

- Have to go with Quik. Beats, flow and lyrics were always on point.

- Kanye is cool with beats and lyrics but still to me has trouble with his flow although it definitely improved on Graduation.

- Dre never writes anything so he can't really be in there.

- RZA gets too much in his own head and you never know what he's talking about.

- Erick Sermon is nice and has been doing it for the longest and is still one half of one of the greatest groups of all time. And let's not forget hehelped Redman be a producer for a bit and there's another good one but he's more of an MC first.

- Large Professor can truthfully never be up there because of one song that pretty much deaded his career: "I don't wanna ill, I just wanna chill, andwrap my hands around a 100 dollar bill". That song successfully put a stop to his first solo album after "The Mad Scientist" gave him a goodsolo buzz.

- Pete Rock is nice but he always had CL so no really cared if Pete was rapping or not.

- But the one no one is mentioning I would says is 8-Off. He was also nice to me and still puts out stuff.

Back
Top Bottom