Best Producer on the mic...

Kev Brown, if you don't know who he is def look him up. Real hip-hop ishhhh from the DMV.

Jay Dee is also up there. Dudes are steady sleeping on his mic skills. When I think back to when I first heard "Fantastic, Vol. 2" when it originally dropped, I had no idea which voices belonged to what member of the group. After getting familiar, I was shocked that the producer had the illest flow out of the crew.

dilla is dope and my favorite producer of all time but hes MC skills are average at best. i enjoy listening to him rap just as much as i lovelistening to his beats but IMO, theres no way hes touchin RZA when it comes to the mic. RZA had some of my favorite versus on wu tang forever

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Liban906 wrote:
Jay Dee is also up there. Dudes are steady sleeping on his mic skills. When I think back to when I first heard "Fantastic, Vol. 2" when it originally dropped, I had no idea which voices belonged to what member of the group. After getting familiar, I was shocked that the producer had the illest flow out of the crew.

dilla is dope and my favorite producer of all time but hes MC skills are average at best. i enjoy listening to him rap just as much as i love listening to his beats but IMO, theres no way hes touchin RZA when it comes to the mic. RZA had some of my favorite versus on wu tang forever

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Assasination...fascination..pro-education, infatuation wit Satan" wth?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

Dude makes tuff beats, but he was never a hot mc.....

EVER!

i think NT has spoken(myself included) and the producer of chocie on the M.I.C. is Yeezy
pimp.gif
now i know Kanye may not be the greastest lycial producer but dude has more thanenough hot lines/verses to solidify him as more than your average mc. then when you add in the kids production skills
pimp.gif
i mean come on besides "drunkin hot girls" what 'ye beat has hemade that you could say is sub par. oh and dude has also been puttin in work with quality production sinceThe Blueprint(probally longer than that!)

"..and still the ma#*@* you love to hate, but cant, cause you love what i make/now aint, that about a %^#$%/ and imma talk ^&%$ untill im outta hits/they dont want to turn they speakas up/they claim i aint deep enough/all that talkin i feed off of keep it up!" -kanye "Brand New"

p.s. just for the sake of debate i havent heard anybody mention the beatnuts. dudes are pretty nice IMO

dilla is dope and my favorite producer of all time but hes MC skills are average at best. i enjoy listening to him rap just as much as i love listening to his beats but IMO, theres no way hes touchin RZA when it comes to the mic. RZA had some of my favorite versus on wu tang forever

Enh, just different strokes for different folks I guess. The RZA is okay to me. I used to idolize the dude back in the days when the Wu was nothin' toeff with. Now though, he does nothing for me. I guess once I got out of the weed haze, I realized half the %$@% he said meant absolutely nothing and justsounded good together. As I've grown older, I've realized I like dudes who just get to the point and are on some everyday type steez, like Jay Dee onthe mic. Same with DJ Quik. Dilla didn't really have anything complex to say, but his delivery combined with his presence and "regular, everydaytype dude" content just made an ill combo for me. I can appreciate the RZA and what he brings lyrically, but it gets old quick for me these days. Not tomention his beats have fallen off.

I like Dilla & all, but there is no way in hell he is better on the Mic than Rza.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

I like Dilla & all, but there is no way in hell he is better on the Mic than Rza.

And that sir, is your opinion. As much as I like the RZA, I haven't heard a verse from him in awhile that made me say "damn". Matter offact, there is only a certain time frame from which I can pull out a dope RZA verse. And that was back in the 90's and maybe the early 2000's. Butit's whatever though, since what we perceive as dope is all a matter of personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom