Best Running Shoes?

I'm going to get into running again, and I need some good running shoes. I've usually just run in old basketball beaters, but I think it's time I own my first pair of running sneakers. Is the Air Max 2011 a solid choice? What other recommendations might you guys have?

My first piece of advice: don't run in those Air Maxes. IIRC those spawned from the Air Max 360 line, which I ran in once and felt "too high off the ground". Air Maxes are a comfy walking-around shoe and look nice, but I wouldn't ever do any serious running in them.

Secondly: go to a specialty running store and have a gait analysis to see what type of runner you are. Ie. heel/midfoot/forefoot striker, your pronation, etc.

For me, I'm a heel striker with relatively neutral pronation. I primarily look for cushioning in my shoes. My current rotation consists of:
-Saucony Triumphs (various)
-Nike Vomeros (various)
Again, shoes that are good for me (and others) may not necessarily be good for you. Hit up your running store, and feel free to try out practically every brand of shoe that fits your running style...that's what I did lol

Just to add an opinion, certain New Balance aren't made for running. I have a pair of old 992's and 2000's that I'd run in, and my feet would take their anger out on me after.

Yeah, go to a store and get that foot analysis they will tell you what type of shoe you need. I bought some custom insole those babies were like $150 but worth it though

I'm due for a new pair as well. I am running in some Asics Kayano 14s and they have done me well. I'm considering going to this Fleet Feet store and seeing what they suggest for me, or just finding another pair of Kayano's for a good price. I got my last pair from Nordstrom Rack.

i run in nike lunar fly 2's right now. i like em a lot, but then again everyone is different

Update: a friend I run with just bought the recent Triumphs (8s or 9s I believe) and said there was an issue with rubbing against the side his foot. He took them back to the store and they said other people also complained about the same discomfort. Food for thought

Another shoe to try: Brooks Glycerin 9. I tried them out and they were CRAZY comfortable. Only reason I didn't buy them was because I just picked up two pairs of Vomeros (6s and 7s) on the cheap

New balance or acsis theyre light comfy and inexpensive. as a matter of fact im wearing my new balances right now.

Originally Posted by memphistn3000

Yeah, go to a store and get that foot analysis they will tell you what type of shoe you need. I bought some custom insole those babies were like $150 but worth it though

That's pricey.

I recommend those Dr Scholls custom orthos. Idk much about orthodics, but mine are amazing. Literally life changing.

ECLIPSE FOR 6+ MILES and freeruns for shorter distance. I prefer the lunar eclipse but the freeruns are so damn comfortable.

I had Brooks before i got into nikes, i like nikes new stuff better.

Back
Top Bottom