Best Steakhouse you have ate at?

yeah, i cook in a steakhouse now. i work sautee and broil and middle there.
I need to hit this place up on my b-day.

Mortons & Daniels Broiler in Seattle.
Real talk for MPLS

if i order a med. steak from you, and that it comes out....a bit weller then normal, am i stepping out of my means by sending it back honestly?

are you generally going to be all pissy fitty if you see the steak come back, and it's actually not medium?

what happens to the steak, does it just get tossed? can't i request to just keep it for my little brother or something?

sometimes i feel a bit of an *** sending a steak back, and i wonder what the consequences for the chef in the back are, if any that is.

Probably some chick that he asked out told him that
Damn! 
roll.gif

But really though. I been there before with a reservation for like 10 people, and we called a day or two before.

Avoid Ruths's Chris; they served me a crunchy steak. I like mine well, but usually order medium well since steakhouses will often patronize you and try to talk you out of a well. Insist and a surprising number of places will just torch it either out of vindictiveness or incompetence, I'm not sure which.

Again, the waitress dropped off my "medium well" steak crunchy. Not well, not just a little overdone and tough, but charred to bitter black crunchiness around the edges. My brother's steak was excellently prepared and he enjoyed it, and we had had to wait until he was completely done with his before anybody ever came around to check on our table again. They offered to send out another which I declined (a chef who would send that steak out obviously doesn't care and isn't to be trusted in my book) and they eventually just half heartedly took my steak off the bill. Inexcusably bad service to go along with an inexcusably bad steak.

As for my good experiences: my favorite all around steakhouse is Mortons, David Burke's Primehouse probably has the best beef, and The Capitol Grill has had the best service (barely beating out my Mortons) and their downtown Chicago location is the most elegant, classy, and dramatic place this side of The Signature Room (can't beat that view).

Mortons
Real talk for MPLS

if i order a med. steak from you, and that it comes out....a bit weller then normal, am i stepping out of my means by sending it back honestly?
are you generally going to be all pissy fitty if you see the steak come back, and it's actually not medium?

what happens to the steak, does it just get tossed? can't i request to just keep it for my little brother or something?

sometimes i feel a bit of an *** sending a steak back, and i wonder what the consequences for the chef in the back are, if any that is.
PLZ RESPOND I'm curious on this as well

Mortons
Real talk for MPLS

PLZ RESPOND I'm curious on this as well

i'm not gonna be pissed. that's on me if i over cook it. it's not hard to cook a steak. i feel i know better than the customer what a mid steak is so i never get complaints. if i overcook a steak i know it so i wont send it out because it's a pain in my *** to re fire it after the food is out and i've moved on to a new bunch of tickets. i'd rather hold up the ticket and do it right. besides the other steaks are resting that would go with the ticket so that's not really a bad thing.

as far as the overcooked one if it does go out they will take it back and give it back to us. basically like "look at this it's over cooked." the i'll cut it up and give it to the boys on line. :lol:

Avoid Ruths's Chris; they served me a crunchy steak. I like mine well, but usually order medium well since steakhouses will often patronize you and try to talk you out of a well. Insist and a surprising number of places will just torch it either out of vindictiveness or incompetence, I'm not sure which.
Again, the waitress dropped off my "medium well" steak crunchy. Not well, not just a little overdone and tough, but charred to bitter black crunchiness around the edges. My brother's steak was excellently prepared and he enjoyed it, and we had had to wait until he was completely done with his before anybody ever came around to check on our table again. They offered to send out another which I declined (a chef who would send that steak out obviously doesn't care and isn't to be trusted in my book) and they eventually just half heartedly took my steak off the bill. Inexcusably bad service to go along with an inexcusably bad steak.
As for my good experiences: my favorite all around steakhouse is Mortons, David Burke's Primehouse probably has the best beef, and The Capitol Grill has had the best service (barely beating out my Mortons) and their downtown Chicago location is the most elegant, classy, and dramatic place this side of The Signature Room (can't beat that view).

they stacked a bunch of sizzlers on it on the grill to get it done faster. probably punched it too to flatten it.

im headed to vegas in a couple days.. about to eat some good steak there... just havent figured out where yet... maybe gordon ramsay steak

still need to get to lugers, well over due. Went to this spot frankie and johnnies in manhattan w/ an ex one time during restaurant week a few years ago. She picked it, turned out awesome

Lol. Peter Lugers is cash only unless you have their card. Reservations do not have a 2 year wait list.

My go to for Filet MIgnon is Ruth Chris.

Nothing like an going to an Argentinian parillada or Brazilian churrasco though. Skirt steak with chimichurri >.

Lol. Peter Lugers is cash only unless you have their card. Reservations do not have a 2 year wait list.

My go to for Filet MIgnon is Ruth Chris.

Nothing like an going to an Argentinian parillada or Brazilian churrasco though. Skirt steak with chimichurri >.

my man

Been to a lot of places, but my hands down favorite is Taste of Texas in Houston. You pick your slab of steak, they bomb sides, and excellent service. Seriously, the highlight of my visit to Houston. I'd say House of Prime Rib is close.

I'd put them over Mastro's, Ruth's Chris, Lawry's, and Capital Grille.

Next would probably be Mastro's...everything else is comparable.

well done, with A1 sauce keep it simple

Such disrespect.

:lol:

this. the more cooked the healthier anyways..

as for steakhouses, there is only one.

photorff3h3jveker.jpg

fogo-de-chao.jpg

fogo_de_chao_8160.jpg

Cristian-on-beach-in-Brazil1.jpg

yea BOI
Where did u hear this fallacy? There are numerous studies that show an increased incidence of various cancers with charred and over cooked meats

out of all the brazillian girls in brazil you pick her?
anyways
I think texas de brazil is similar to this. cool place, so much damn food though, gotta go in with a big appetite.

:lol: i'm not insulted by a well done steak. I just know I dont have to hit the temp on the nose and just pull it from the oven when it's firm. You gotta be careful with the rare+ or mid rare. Can't overcook them. No one is sending back a well done.

Blue cheese and pepper steaks? Gross :x

what kind of steaks you cook at home? :nerd: eating out aint cheap. would be nice to make my own filet mignon at home every once in a while :nerd:

i don't really like steak. :lol: i'll do a rib eye once in a blue moon though. just olive oil, salt and pepper and to the grill.

i don't really like steak.
laugh.gif
i'll do a rib eye once in a blue moon though. just olive oil, salt and pepper and to the grill.
MPLS, I'm not trying to rustle jimmies, but if you're gonna get a $50 steak and you get it well-done, isn't it a waste?

Like, can you actually taste the difference between a really good cut and like a sirloin when it's well-done?

I'm asking this because I really don't know the answer and I've heard both argument. I've never had a well-done steak probably ever.

Back
Top Bottom