Best way to ship items internationally USPS? (eBay)

abu

Yes I'm new when it comes to international.  What's the most secure and cost efficient way to send?  Thank you. 

Really is none. Technically, USPS doesn't track international shipments. You get a customs label # and they can use that, but it basically only tells them sent and received. if/when the buyer claims not to have it and Paypal demands you defend yourself against their claim by putting in a travking # and you put the customs label #, you will automatically lose and they'll backcharge your account. I have had it happen to me so many times, even when the customs label # showed it as "Delivered."

^^^^This man knows what hes talking about, I've been selling on ebay for 9 years and had the same issues. Don't be fooled by these international buyers telling you to ship things cheap, pretty much no one offers cheap shipping out of the country. Paypal requires signatures but you can take a chance and try express mail international. Thats the cheapest i go NEVER EVER EVER ship anything less than that.

What about priority international? Doesn't priority automatically come with a tracking #.

Not one that'll count in your favor in Paypal's system. Like I said, you can call the Post office and give them the label # and they can tell you it was delivered, but that won't stop you from losing the case. You might be better off trying UPS or FEDEX even though I guarantee it is going to cost you a lot more.

Originally Posted by Abu

What about priority international? Doesn't priority automatically come with a tracking #.

its not as detailed and Datz I have won a case with Express Mail international against someone that tried to scam me out of a cell phone.  Priority mail tracking only states that it was delivered to the country not that it was delivered at the address, priority mail tracking is basically garbage.  Most of the shipping companys don't even offer signature confirmation for most overseas countries, and if they do the cost is crazy like 180-300 bucks to ship a pair of sneakers.  

I use usps express mail international and it does provide good tracking service and free insurance and take 3 to 5 days for most locations.

Here is the last one i sent amd you can get signature confirmation.

Label/Receipt Number: EG33
Class: Express Mail International[emoji]174[/emoji]

Your item was delivered in CANADA at 12:26 PM on May 28, 2010.

Detailed Results:

Delivered Abroad, May 28, 2010, 12:26 pm, CANADA
At Foreign Delivery Unit, May 28, 2010, 8:37 am, CANADA
Out of Foreign Customs, May 28, 2010, 4:47 am, CANADA
Into Foreign Customs, May 27, 2010, 6:46 pm, CANADA
Arrived Abroad, May 27, 2010, 6:46 pm, CANADA
International Dispatch, May 25, 2010, 5:49 pm, AMC SEATTLE WA (USPS)
Arrival
Acceptance.

i ship international about 10% of my ebay sales.

always used usps carrier.

usps express mail international works for me.

comes with tracking and insurance.

a little hefty but works.

arent some countries not protected at ALL? With all the hoops to jump through, it seems easier to just say USA shipping only

Manglor, you might want to edit out that tracking number from your post. The buyers name is on it and location, knowing how grimey NT can be that may not end well.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by Abu

its not as detailed and Datz I have won a case with Express Mail international against someone that tried to scam me out of a cell phone.  Priority mail tracking only states that it was delivered to the country not that it was delivered at the address, priority mail tracking is basically garbage.  Most of the shipping companys don't even offer signature confirmation for most overseas countries, and if they do the cost is crazy like 180-300 bucks to ship a pair of sneakers.  
Oh, I think I always used Global Priority and yea, it just basically stated delivered to that country's post office.

wow i was just about to do a transaction with someone overseas. what if i use fedex overnight.Can someone please help me out.

Back
Top Bottom