BEST/WORST TRENDS Vol. 2008

Best- the classy grown up look (peacoats, fitted sweaters and jeans, winter scarves)
Worst- the flashy skater look (tight clothing, wallet chains, skull belts, bright plaid shirts, shemgah scarves, faux hawks, the 80's fads)

Also, not a fan of the adjustable caps. I hate seeing a dude's forehead when he rocks it backwards.

Best:
-Republicans getting the boot
-Low gas prices
-Jordan XXIII
-The end of the "super baggy" look

Worst:
-People joining NT just for the wdywt thread
-People tucking their jeans behind the tongue of their shoes..This was hot and then died out in the early 90's
-Dudes that are a good 20+ pounds overweight wearing clothes that they know are too small..If you bend over and your jeans cut off your circulation, then get abigger size!!!
-Insane resale prices for shoes..It's really getting outta hand and hopefully the high prices will drive the hypebeasts away from the game..

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

- T-Shirt over a dress shirt and tie
- Glasses on at night or in the club (not restricted to '08 but I still see people doing this)
- the Faux-hawk look got played out quick
- white loafers/dress shoes with dark clothes/suit
- the $10 Kanye shutter shades
- the need of an iPhone
- Neon Jeans
- wearing a Rosary or a Saints bracelet
- everyone jumping on the "Hypebeast" Scarf (scarfs are alright IMO but people jumped on this when they saw the next man doing it)
- everyone going for the skater or rockstar look
- fake Gucci / Louis Vuitton belts

your list was pretty on point

Originally Posted by casekicks

Best:
-Republicans getting the boot
-Low gas prices
-Jordan XXIII
-The end of the "super baggy" look

Worst:
-People joining NT just for the wdywt thread
-People tucking their jeans behind the tongue of their shoes..This was hot and then died out in the early 90's
-Dudes that are a good 20+ pounds overweight wearing clothes that they know are too small..If you bend over and your jeans cut off your circulation, then get a bigger size!!!
-Insane resale prices for shoes..It's really getting outta hand and hopefully the high prices will drive the hypebeasts away from the game..
Tucking the jeans or folding the ends? I thought people only with selvage jeans did this

Originally Posted by Physicx

skinny jeans
emo/anime hair
scarves

sometimes ill see all of the above together
sick.gif

people wearing anything kanye or pharrell will wear
all patent dunks that the average consumer likes to show off

roll.gif
at "anime hair". !++! had me rollin for some reason.

indifferent.gif
@ someone earlier hatin on creative recs....

when people say skinny jeans, do they usually mean SUPER TIGHT ANOREXIC JEANS or SLIMT FIT. I wear slim fit everything basically, not skinny. Just want to makesure people clear up what skinny really means

Originally Posted by ericescobar

when people say skinny jeans, do they usually mean SUPER TIGHT ANOREXIC JEANS or SLIMT FIT. I wear slim fit everything basically, not skinny. Just want to make sure people clear up what skinny really means

Man_Likes_Tight_Jeans72ca62.jpg

worst- obama tees everywhere you look
the tight jeans, all the loud vibrant colors, people wearing fusions

best- good year for basketball, clothes that dont fit as big or as baggy, cdp's

Worst:
- Kanye West and his stupid tail thing.. +%*$!%$ idiot
- EXCESSIVE fat bootys, im talking swiss ball size
- The word swag/swagger/swaggeration
- Most retro things.. highlighter colors etc..
- The Jordan Brand fusions and all that %#@+, totally disgusting..
- People bugging when someone makes the slightest grammar errors.

Best:
- Fitted clothes, fitted jeans, t-shirts, dress shirts, 'grown up' look
- Obama (change for America - i dont live in America)

casekicks wrote:

I actually seen a cat do this at the mall the other day and it really bothered me. They were just some plain white on white uptowns and they weren't evenclean.

Best:
Progress In America

Worst:
Everyone jumping on the fixed gear bike fad. I guess exercise can't hurt anyone but come on fella's.

Originally Posted by blazersfan

Originally Posted by JaiJai84

Worst:
Everyone jumping on the fixed gear bike fad. I guess exercise can't hurt anyone but come on fella's.
Huh?

^^^You mean to tell me you haven't seen in increase in the number of people riding fixed gear bicycles as a hip/trendy thing to do this past year.

Back
Top Bottom