Better Actor: Denzel Washington or Will Smith

Originally Posted by nycsemaj

I feel like Denzel Washington plays the same the role in each of his movies while Will Smith has played a variety of different roles. My vote goes to Will Smith.

my favorite actor, denzel.

pimp.gif

smith offers some comedic punch to his acting, which is different than what denzelly offers.

denzel though.

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

Denzel got an oscar.

Will Smith doesn't
d has 2, one for training day, and one for glory. i don't even see how this is a discussion.

he was also nominated 3 other times. dude did movies before training day.

Lately, Denzel hasn't shown any range but he can kill the tough guy roles, no problem.

Does Smith have any oscars? I don't think so.

Originally Posted by nycsemaj

I feel like Denzel Washington plays the same the role in each of his movies while Will Smith has played a variety of different roles. My vote goes to Will Smith.
Bingo. Will Smith is way more versatile. I'll go with him, plus he's a great comic actor, both physically and verbally, to the point wherehe's probably underrated at this point.

Originally Posted by livewyre

Denzel got an oscar.

Will Smith doesn't
d has 2, one for training day, and one for glory. i don't even see how this is a discussion.

You really can't use the Oscars as a gauge. The Oscars are a political machine. How do you think Crash won best picture?

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by livewyre

Denzel got an oscar.

Will Smith doesn't

You really can't use the Oscars as a gauge. The Oscars are a political machine. How do you think Crash won best picture?

that can be true, but if someone is nominated five times and won twice, you gotta respect it.

people say denzel plays the same role, but outside of six degrees of separation when has will smith played in a movie when he isn't the hero saving theday?

With Will you can still tell when he's trying to act serious, with Denzel it's natural. Until Will goes harder than Training Day, Denzel will be theman. BTW why does this have to be about "black" actors, you can argue that these are the two best actors in Hollywood period. No need to seperatethem from there peers

Denzel easssy.

Training Day is still one of my favorite performances of all time. It's so different from his personality when you watch interviews, but he was so on point in that role it looked natural.

Last edited:
Depends on the type of acting to be fair. Denzel is a better dramatic actor, but he's not a better comedic actor than will, it's like I'd say Leonis a better actor than Will Ferrell when it comes to dramas, but he's not somebody who would make you laugh out loud in a comedy.

Back
Top Bottom