Better ATHLETE Michael Jordan or LeBron James?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan didn't start lifting weights until he was 27, NBA weren't fond of lifting weights like they are now. Lebron I know has been lifting weights since High School.

Both are freak athletes, I just would have loved to see how much better Jordan would have been if he had been lifting since High school. Lebron has a bigger physique but I'm not going to say he was faster than Mike, Mike was just as fast. I think Mike was quicker tho. Overall jumping ability I think they are right around the same, 40 plus inch vertical. LeBron may have the edge tho because of his size, it's close.

I didn't know skip had so many NT accounts.... Lebron obviously.... Jordan's what faster than lebron, and not by much at his size lebron runs a 4.3

I agree times have changed and the nutrition, knowledge, and training regimen gives the current athlete an edge.  But this dude LeBron would be a beast in any era.    He wouldve been the best athlete in the ABA.  He wouldve been the best athlete in the 80s.  He wouldve been the best athlete in the 90's.  Son wouldve been the greatest cotton picker of all time if he was born 100 years ago.  He wouldve been a beast in orginal Olympics in Rome.  

Of course you can. stef curry can take all the vitamins he wants he can never be as fast as Isiah Thomas.

great comparison.so larry bird cant be as fast as lebron no matter the drugs.great argument right? :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
I used to think think, that Lebron was the most athletic player in NBA history, but then I remembered that MJ had a 48 inch vertical. 48 inches! That's the highest in NBA history. Lebron and Nate both have 42 inch verticals just to give you an idea. MJ was also quicker and had better body control than Lebron. It's hard to say.

Last edited:
I used to think think, that Lebron was the most athletic player in NBA history, but then I remembered that MJ had a 48 inch vertical. 48 inches! Lebron and Nate both have 42 inch verticals just to give you an idea. MJ was also quicker and had better body control than Lebron. It's hard to say.

You just did though. :lol:

^ No I didn't. I said I used to think Lebron was the most athletic, but then I remembered how athletic Jordan was. Now I don't know

when it comes to better athletes, jordan isnt even in the conversation.. i even put vince above jordan, can jump higher, more agile.. i put lebron and nate at the top.. even iverson might be in the conversation, fast, can also really jump.. was talented and skilled in football and basketball

of course jordan is the better player, but not better athlete..

but it all depends how people define athletes, is it skills, vertical, agility, speed, strength, body wise?

Last edited:
What I mean is, you just said MJ had the higher vert, was quicker, and had better body control, but you still didn't know. I was joking with you man.

Last edited:
What I mean is, you just said MJ had the higher vert, was quicker, and had better body control, but you still didn't know. I was joking with you man.

It's cool bro, I know you were playing. MJ has those things over Lebron, but Lebron is stronger and might be faster in the open court. You can't go wrong picking either one (athletically)

I have said this for years and your talking to a guy who cant stand lebron. Any hooper who not a stan will tell you lebron James is not some all great basketball player, but he is one of the greatest athletes the NBA has ever seen and that cant be denied.

I have said this for years and your talking to a guy who cant stand lebron. Any hooper who not a stan will tell you lebron James is not some all great basketball player, but he is one of the greatest athletes the NBA has ever seen and that cant be denied.

exactly this.. jumps almost as high as vince, can run with any guard and is built like karl malone.. name me one other player that does so?? in all of sports for that matter... not a lebron fan, but athletic wise he can match and overpower any other athlete in any sport.. well, maybe not crossfit athletes..

Lebron. MJ is my favorite player of all time but Lebron is a freak of nature. To move that fast, at that weight with that much strength? :x

Of course Lebron is the better athlete. He's bigger, stronger, faster, jumps over 40 inches, what more do you want from an athlete? He's built like a power forward but moves like a guard, there has never been an athlete in basketball like Lebron.

Of course Lebron is the better athlete. He's bigger, stronger, faster, jumps over 40 inches, what more do you want from an athlete? He's built like a power forward but moves like a guard, there has never been an athlete in basketball like Lebron.
lock this up.

Lebron first step is overrated though. Jordan can blow past anyone with one quick first step

Lebron does jump higher and probably stronger as well

They're both suffer from balding due to the HGH they took early in their career though

Ya'll need to pop in Come Fly With Me and all those MJ videos...

You think Lebron could pull off the dunks MJ did in 88?

The reverse layups, and his dunks alone early in his career should put this to rest.

Just because a dude is big and can run with the guards doesn't mean he's more athletic...**** Jordan was chasing dudes down a pulling there shot off the goal with both hands at age 40...word to Ron Mercer. 

Can't believe what I'm reading in here...
laugh.gif

^ Now look at that imitation by Lebron...
laugh.gif

I would say Lebron with no hesitation he does everything MJ did just in a heavier, stronger body. But skill wise MJ and it's not even close.

I never understood the fascination with pure athleticism. These guys play basketball, hence I judge them on basketball merits...(shrugs)

I never understood the fascination with pure athleticism. These guys play basketball, hence I judge them on basketball merits...(shrugs)

Because athleticism is a big part of the equation.

It's influence is overstated by everyone from fans to coaches because 1. it's the most obvious to the eye and 2. it can't be acquired through training like technical or psychological skills.

great comparison.so larry bird cant be as fast as lebron no matter the drugs.great argument right? :smh: :smh: :smh:

my point is it's not "stupid" to compare past athletes to present day athletes. Some are just born with athleticism others don't and some got it from hardwork.

past players eat the same food and nutrition with todays players... the only difference is in the medical aspect. Today's athletes can train harder and longer because of newly developed or enhanced PEDS. Players today can recover faster and repair injuries in much faster pace because of HGH and other anabolic drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom