Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

We still got 4 more sheesh!

The way Mike and Gus made eye contact in the tunnel 😥

Mens way of saying so many words without being able to say them.

"Glad you made it out"
"Thank you"
"I love you"

EsLl7BVXIA4GskE.jpg

Enh, I don’t love the Kim exit. I get it, but I don’t like it. Not in love with the immediate jump to full blown Saul mode, either. Again I get it (there’s only so much time they can devote to the immediate aftermath of Kim leaving), but it just seems a little rushed for a relationship that a lot of this story centered around.

Enh, I don’t love the Kim exit. I get it, but I don’t like it. Not in love with the immediate jump to full blown Saul mode, either. Again I get it (there’s only so much time they can devote to the immediate aftermath of Kim leaving), but it just seems a little rushed for a relationship that a lot of this story centered around.

Took the words right outta my mouth

Really enjoyed Kim's send off and the producers not giving in to what people thought was going to happen to her (Vacuum Guy). The transition to the last scene was perfect imo. The loss of Kim meant the death of Jimmy McGill and the birth of Saul Goodman

I suspected that they might use the emotional angle of how Howard's death pushed Kim away (other than straight up killing her, of course)... and I guess they did... but I just expected them to play it out a bit longer, rather than one episode.

And I guess them cutting to the "current day Saul" immediately after she left implies that Kim leaving Jimmy is what ultimately made Saul Goodman the guy who he is today.

This episode was incredible.

Showing how these bad people try to live with what they've done. Mike trying to watch baseball but thinking about his granddaughter and the people he's hurt, Kim and Jimmy going about their lives, Gus trying to be a normal guy and talk wine with a friend. But they can't be normal. The convo with papa Nacho said it all. They can't live normal lives or how they adjust and cope with what they are and what they do. This is knee jerk honestly one of my favorite episodes in both series. We watched Walt struggle and grow in this business over the course of several seasons, but seeing in one episode was fascinating. Kim hit her breaking point.

Gus at the bar I read simply as he was trying to be a normal dude. Enjoy a meal, talk with a friend, I think that was Gus trying to be normal for a night. But he snapped back to reality and knows he doesn't have that luxury. He couldn't let go of the business in his mind. Or whatever freedom he had from that was temporary. I definitely think there could be some romantic interest but I don't think that was the intention

The scene with Mike :wow:

"How soon can we resume construction?"

"It's gonna take some time"

"Start today"

*Mike saying absolutely nothing and walking away*

Mike and Gus say so damn much when not saying anything. Same with how Mike felt about Howard (without actually saying anything at all) Like how he even knew they were setting up the coke angle was amazing.

We will see Kim again. I'm sure of it. :nerd:

Gus at the bar I read simply as he was trying to be a normal dude. Enjoy a meal, talk with a friend, I think that was Gus trying to be normal for a night. But he snapped back to reality and knows he doesn't have that luxury. He couldn't let go of the business in his mind. Or whatever freedom he had from that was temporary. I definitely think there could be some romantic interest but I don't think that was the intention
I think they implied the romantic element pretty heavy. And there have been hints of Gus being gay for a while

I think your take is mostly right. I think Gus tried being normal for a night, entertained what it would be like to pursue a normal relationship, but then he snapped out of it.

I think they implied the romantic element pretty heavy. And there have been hints of Gus being gay for a while

I think your take is mostly right. I think Gus tried being normal for a night, entertained what it would be like to pursue a normal relationship, but then he snapped out of it.

It’s not hints of Gus being gay, he is gay. They killed his boyfriend in breaking bad that’s why he hate Don Eladio so much

For sure. We were reminded of his past when he stared into the Don's pool. That was definitely implied at the bar.

It’s not hints of Gus being gay, he is gay. They killed his boyfriend in breaking bad that’s why he hate Don Eladio so much
Max was also Gus's business partner and the meth cook.

Yes, the audience is led to believe there was a romantic relationship too, the Salamancas mock their relationship as being Gus's boyfriend, but it is not explicitly confirmed

That is why I said hint. It is heavily implied to the point of it seeming obvious, but not 100% outright confirmed from what I recall about both series

Back
Top Bottom