Better R&B Group: 112 or Jagged Edge?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Jagged Edge.

This is one debate that's been even in the thread almost, been a while since I've seen that.

Good point, I noticed that too. I haven't been counting on here, but people who voted on the blog, it's pretty much 50/50.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by r00m112

I'm just curious, but a lot of people are saying 112 because they've had more "classics." What are you considering classics? They've only had 1 number 1 single, while Jagged Edge has had 3. In fact, if you count it up, JE has actually had more hit singles.

Jay-Z has never had a number one single. Using your argument Soulja Boy's career > Jay-Z's career.

I was talking about the R&B Chart, if you go by the Rap Chart for Jay-Z, yes he does.

Point taken though. I just wish people would state "in their opinion" when making statements. Some people on here act like everything they say isfact.

r00m112 wrote:

I'm just curious, but a lot of people are saying 112 because they've had more "classics." What are you considering classics? They've
only had 1 number 1 single, while Jagged Edge has had 3. In fact, if you count it up, JE has actually had more hit singles.

Jay-Z has never had a number one single. Using your argument Soulja Boy's career > Jay-Z's career.

I was talking about the R&B Chart, if you go by the Rap Chart for Jay-Z, yes he does.

Point taken though. I just wish people would state "in their opinion" when making statements. Some people on here act like everything they say is fact.

I would have to roll with 112 off the strength of their first album and Part III and no one cares about the rap charts.

r00m112 wrote:

I'm just curious, but a lot of people are saying 112 because they've had more "classics." What are you considering classics? They've
only had 1 number 1 single, while Jagged Edge has had 3. In fact, if you count it up, JE has actually had more hit singles.

Point taken though. I just wish people would state "in their opinion" when making statements. Some people on here act like everything they say is fact.

I would have to roll with 112 off the strength of their first album and Part III and no one cares about the rap charts.

I understand what you are trying to say, but if nobody cared, they wouldn't make them.

To support my preference/opinion above:

Only You Remix
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It's Over Now, Dance with me, Cupid, Anywhere, Love Me (Feat. Ma$e,) Peaches and Cream, Na Na Na (Feat. SuperCat,) Hot & Wet (Feat. Ludacris,)

Some standout features like Mobb Deep - Hey Love, Puffy - I'll be Missin you, Notorious B.I.G. - Sky's the Limit, Miss You. Ma$e - Cheat on you.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

To support my preference/opinion above:

Only You Remix
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It's Over Now, Dance with me, Cupid, Anywhere, Love Me (Feat. Ma$e,) Peaches and Cream, Na Na Na (Feat. SuperCat,) Hot & Wet (Feat. Ludacris,)

Some standout features like Mobb Deep - Hey Love, Puffy - I'll be Missin you, Notorious B.I.G. - Sky's the Limit, Miss You. Ma$e - Cheat on you.
Damn, you almost made me consider changing my vote, you made me think of BIG and 112 "Miss U"..........that song is deep.

112 primarily cause of their classics over JE. They had a song featuring biggie and mase their first single.

IMHO the first 112 album was a classic. Every effort after that was kinda weak.

With that being said JE has had way more hits throughout they years than 112.

To answer the question 112 had the better album. JE makes more hits. Both are respected in my book.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

To answer the question 112 had the better album. JE makes more hits. Both are respected in my book.
This is one of the most real responses we've had so far. I can't argue with this.

JE and it not even close. JE is the closest thing we had to Jodeci in a long time. 112 really on has one good singer, Slim.

Originally Posted by geegee

JE and it not even close. JE is the closest thing we had to Jodeci in a long time. 112 really on has one good singer, Slim.

Daron is pretty under-rated. 112. But I'm biased because 112 is probably my fav. R&B group.

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Originally Posted by geegee

Daron is pretty under-rated. 112. But I'm biased because 112 is probably my fav. R&B group.
I think Q is also pretty under-rated. I heard some of his solo songs. The only one I'm not really feelin is Mike.

For JE, I really only like the Casey brothers.

If you haven't had a chance to vote in the poll, please do so if you can, 112 is currently winning, but it's close.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

To answer the question 112 had the better album. JE makes more hits better albums. Both are respected in my book.

Both of the groups are supposed to be releasing albums in early 2010, I'm more looking forward to the JE album, although I'm not really feelin theirfirst single "Tip of my Tongue."

Back
Top Bottom