Beyoncé's Lemonade Changed My Life ... (It's Really Not A Music Thread)

Exactly. Them white folks ain't letting a black girl from Houston into no damn illuminati
laugh.gif

View media item 2007490***self-hate detected***
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

I don't get how being critical of a good looking woman means you don't laid :lol: Y'all some whipped *** dudes for real :lol:

Wanted to see what the hype was about so I checked it out. To my surprise I enjoyed it. The visuals and poetry were dope.

Someone in here said her haters were worse than her fans. I strongly agree. Some of y'all go out of your way to state the obvious. Are the more attractive females ? Tons. Are there way better singers? Tons

I hope none of you who says she's overrated in looks are in that Hilary Duff thread. I see 10 of her at my local mall.

She beat Beyonce in the first round, you do the math :lol: Them Duff boys somethin else I tell ya

I was wondering the same. All that talk beyonce had and she gonna let her dude cheat?

Its the start of the NBA Playoffs, The NHL Playoffs, The NFL Draft is around the corner, the MLB Season just started, there was a huge UFC fight last night, and The Masters just ended a few weeks ago and you got dudes making threads about Beyonce.

What a time.
roll.gif

Never listened to her music outside of the singles that made it to radio or award shows. She get badder everytime she comes out tho.

Glad whatever this is though got **** okay with being cheated on now since Beyonce did it. 
laugh.gif

:rofl:

Never listened to her music outside of the singles that made it to radio or award shows. She get badder everytime she comes out tho.

Glad whatever this is though got **** okay with being cheated on now since Beyonce did it. :lol:  

im not a fan of her looks or music

i bash her all the time because my sis is huge fan and tell her RIRI is better, she is going to her next concert also she already seen her 5 times live

I WILL SAY THIS

the new album sounds good

Last edited:

Its the start of the NBA Playoffs, The NHL Playoffs, The NFL Draft is around the corner, the MLB Season just started, there was a huge UFC fight last night, and The Masters just ended a few weeks ago and you got dudes making threads about Beyonce.

What a time.

:rofl:

Never listened to her music outside of the singles that made it to radio or award shows.

Umm..that be the whole album.

I was wondering the same. All that talk beyonce had and she gonna let her dude cheat?

You're an adult male?

I find it odd when adults make comments like this.

I am an adult male. It simply came to my mind about drilling a message into your music and then when it happens in real life, you do the opposite of what you said. I didn't sit there and dwell on it and analyze it and it didn't consume my life. Could you point me to where I can educate myself on how to be a proper adult male?

Last edited:
Why do people want celebrities to be activists?IMO Beyoncé just doing that performance is enough. It's more than what a lot of people are doing. Beyoncé is an artist she did her art with a positive message and everyone wants her to do more...like what?What the hell else is she supposed to do...she did a pro black performance on National Television at the Super Bowl. That's a big thing.

Why do people want celebrities to be activists? IMO Beyoncé just doing that performance is enough. It's more than what a lot of people are doing. Beyoncé is an artist she did her art with a positive message and everyone wants her to do more...like what? What the hell else is she supposed to do...she did a pro black performance on National Television at the Super Bowl. That's a big thing.

People feel like celebs are "above" us, so they believe they have more power than the average person.

Why do people want celebrities to be activists? IMO Beyoncé just doing that performance is enough. It's more than what a lot of people are doing. Beyoncé is an artist she did her art with a positive message and everyone wants her to do more...like what? What the hell else is she supposed to do...she did a pro black performance on National Television at the Super Bowl. That's a big thing.

Celebrities have power. Why's it ok for corporations to use that power to sell things but the common person can't request that they use that power for a social reason?

Beyonce could tell every one of her fans about how she doesn't support a certain product or company and insist they follow suit, and they'd follow suit.

Now, we should all be aware that the local community organizer, teacher, etc. should have a greater impact than a celebrity, but that same person doesn't have the money and notoriety that celebrities do.

Doesn't make any sense. If Bey was an Afrocentric chick with an Afro, and wore kente clothing 24/7 and used the exact same images in "formation", people would appreciate it more. But it's coming from Beyoncé, so people are skeptical, say she's not doing anything etc.

Truth be told, there are a lot of messages in Beyonce's music if you put it all together. She encourages young women to be independent on one hand. She then tells women it's okay to be soft/feminine and cater you your man (if you've never got served up to "Cater to you", you're missing out :pimp:). Then she's telling women to embrace your black features....and addresing police brutality. 3 very different topics over a number of years that ultimately are relevant to a lot of women.

I can see how it doesn't make sense to dudes. But once you take a step back and look at her the best you can from a black woman's POV...it makes more sense. She could do a lot less with her platform. This is cool to me.

Back
Top Bottom