big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

Now to the New York rappers (and other corny rappers not even mentioned and not even from New York). I'm reading the past few pages of the thread and guys are legit analyzing the intricacies of verses from Papoose, Joell Ortiz, Fred Da Godson, JR Writer(!), etc. Literally guys that nobody outside of the Tri-State area and message board nerds give two ***** about. And their responding to a line that is already vague in its intents. That's what is sad. You have all these other rappers mentioned by name and the only who are responding are guys who are has-beens or never-weres from a ravaged New York scene. And they are responding passionately to this may-or-may-not-be "diss" line. It's embarrassing to listen to and embarrassing to witness as a third-party seeing fans of these guys debate between which no-name went the hardest.

Sorry if that's harsh, but the window for a relevant response was when this **** was still trending on Twitter. It's the weekend now and next week's news cycle is already starting to prep. These wack rappers that y'all keep bigging up, the more I hear about them responding, the sadder I feel about the state of New York rap. 

Bottom line, it's over. Take the hint, step up your raps, stop addressing it. You can rest on the laurels of Jay and Nas for as long as they're active, but they're already middle-aged. Rocky's weird *** aside, what is really going on in New York. I really hope that scene steps it up because I'm a fan. And French Montana isn't the ******g answer. 

Rant over.
first off, i'm going to address something i've wanted to say for a min.

labels have been pushing for southern artists to be at the forefront of hip hop since 2003 when get low dropped. they are looking for a catchy sound and any and everybody with this sound, regardless of region, will get play...whether it be for 15 min of fame or pseudo longevity. instead of being creative and finding another way, VARIOUS REGIONS, including the north east after resisting said change, COPIED the formula and ran with it which has diluted the scene...

but unfortunately was the only way. if youre from ny and your name isn't jay or nas, you weren't going to be played on the radio outside of the tristate. UNTIL we basically forced a fake *** southern drawl and rapped over trap beats. its not even just that.

you have to cut off the ends of words and all that...basically sounding like an uneducated person from the STREETS of atlanta -because your average person from atl does NOT sound like that and neither does your average southerner-

but NY isn't the only one guilty of this. see chicago. see philly. see miami. meek and french sound southern, period. why.

with that said, NY has been trying to STICK to the bars and ppl MADE FUN of ny. here and on other sites, in the streets, etc. ppl say i'm not tryna hear that i want some club ****. something i can dance to. something catchy. i'm not trying to think.

until a southern ***** got bars and then its the best thing ever.
until a cali ***** calls himself KONY then its ok to have bars.

PLEASE. half of you talking about NY is washed up are the same ones that talked a lot of **** about mixtape rappers and how NY fell off because nobody is trying to hear bars and boom bap.

but the same ones fed up at all the trap **** on the radio from everyone regardless of region.

and the same ones making fun of ny artists trying to sound southern rapping over trap beats to get airplay in your city where they otherwise wouldn't have.

Last edited:
Replayed/listened to a handful of the responses. Have to say Los > Joell = Cassidy > Papoose > hangnail on all 10 toes > dropping the last slice of pizza on the floor and you're hungry > your girl leaving you for your dad cause you lied on your meat > B.o.B.

Riff Raff's was on a whole 'nother level though. Jumpin Out The Gym, Trappin Like. Fool :pimp:

can't believe ****** acting like NY didn't have bars and it took a cali ***** to make NY artists use them. :smh:

as if the radio and tv hasn't ******* on NY because of being focused moreso on the lyrics than anything else, especially in comparison to other regions that only care about production and a catchy hook.

as if artists like lil wayne, one of the most popular rappers ever wasn't the go to rapper of southern ppl, besides 3k, to show that their artists had bars...when he copied dipset's whole ****. his whole bar structure and flow was from the north. hell, the young money logo is an altered yankees logo.

the problem isn't NY the problems are the labels and the fans that don't cop music they want to hear vs. the ppl that do buy music (casual hip hop listeners...really pop music listeners) dictating what music is allowed to be played based off of sales.

but na, lets blame NY and say NY is washed up.

then hand the crown over to a cali ***** that structures his bars like a ***** from NY. :rolleyes:{

When I hear y'all dudes say that a coast is falling off or something along that line, all I see is y'all talking about mainstream sh*t. Good music is around everywhere.

Son what the **** was that Cassidy ****? I had to wait over 4 minutes on a 6 min "response" before he even mentioned or alluded to Kendrick. Son was just spitting just to spit on a beat :lol:

Son what the **** was that Cassidy ****? I had to wait over 4 minutes on a 6 min "response" before he even mentioned or alluded to Kendrick. Son was just spitting just to spit on a beat
laugh.gif
That was just dudes excuse to actually make a song. I couldn't tell if he was mad at Meek or Kendrick until it was obvious

Y'all dudes are so CORNY, man.

If y'all jaded cats was around in the past, there would be no classic moments in Hip-Hop.

Enjoy the f_n moment, stop being cynical cockriders.

Stuff like this doesn't happen too often.

first off, i'm going to address something i've wanted to say for a min.

labels have been pushing for southern artists to be at the forefront of hip hop since 2003 when get low dropped. they are looking for a catchy sound and any and everybody with this sound, regardless of region, will get play...whether it be for 15 min of fame or pseudo longevity. instead of being creative and finding another way, VARIOUS REGIONS, including the north east after resisting said change, COPIED the formula and ran with it which has diluted the scene...

but unfortunately was the only way. if youre from ny and your name isn't jay or nas, you weren't going to be played on the radio outside of the tristate. UNTIL we basically forced a fake *** southern drawl and rapped over trap beats. its not even just that.

you have to cut off the ends of words and all that...basically sounding like an uneducated person from the STREETS of atlanta -because your average person from atl does NOT sound like that and neither does your average southerner-

but NY isn't the only one guilty of this. see chicago. see philly. see miami. meek and french sound southern, period. why.

with that said, NY has been trying to STICK to the bars and ppl MADE FUN of ny. here and on other sites, in the streets, etc. ppl say i'm not tryna hear that i want some club ****. something i can dance to. something catchy. i'm not trying to think.

until a southern ***** got bars and then its the best thing ever.
until a cali ***** calls himself KONY then its ok to have bars.

PLEASE. half of you talking about NY is washed up are the same ones that talked a lot of **** about mixtape rappers and how NY fell off because nobody is trying to hear bars and boom bap.

but the same ones fed up at all the trap **** on the radio from everyone regardless of region.

and the same ones making fun of ny artists trying to sound southern rapping over trap beats to get airplay in your city where they otherwise wouldn't have.
So outkast, goodie mob,Bun b, lil keke, and numerous other rappers from the south weren't lyrical when NYC rap reigned supreme???
All I have read is excuses in that rant...
I am from both the south and west coast and I enjoy all GOOD music, stop with these emotions and butt hurt feelings, NY did it to yourself, even though this is not about a coast(but people are eerily making it into a beef) KDOT is not saying he is just the KONY, but the King of everything in between from the west to the east, if you want to blame anybody you need to look at them snakes in your own backyard(Kayslay,Flex,Clue) who were taking payola to break records and also NY rappers have not had any unity for a long time. West coast, Midwest,South coast might beef but they know how to show each other love and respect at the end of the day(excluding this new ish between Gucci,Tip,Waka,Jeezy, that's on personal stuff but even still three of those four are ******g with each other). Tired of NY dudes blaming everything under the sun for their own very demise.. Once again stop being tight about the Truth... Just imagine instead of Joey and Styles arguing, what if the got on a track together, this is a time for NY to stand together and get right, **** the radio, just put that good product out and step them bars up so We can all enjoy just the rebirth of good hip hop music..
End of Story
But you ****** don't here me or KDOT tho..

Son what the **** was that Cassidy ****? I had to wait over 4 minutes on a 6 min "response" before he even mentioned or alluded to Kendrick. Son was just spitting just to spit on a beat :lol:

I actually think that's what made it better. Sure, he threw some shots at KL and Meek, but for the most part, Cass got it right. Dude was spitting like he wasn't sure when he'd ever get back in the studio. That's a much better response than sending a full on diss to somebody that wasnt actually dissing you (Papoose).

When I hear y'all dudes say that a coast is falling off or something along that line, all I see is y'all talking about mainstream sh*t. Good music is around everywhere.
action, rock marciano, jay, ...etc

Skyzoo, Flatbush Zombies, Smoke Dza, A$AP, Vado, French, Banks funny enough NYC has more artist buzzing than any other region besides ATL but _s are still hating.

All I see in here is a lot of WC, down south cats looking for another excuse to throw shots at NYC.

Y'all cats are hypocrites and can't even see it.

You're doing the same thing you accuse NY'ers of doing.

Skyzoo, Flatbush Zombies, Smoke Dza, A$AP, Vado, French, Banks funny enough NYC has more artist buzzing than any other region besides ATL but _s are still hating.

All I see in here is a lot of WC, down south cats looking for another excuse to throw shots at NYC.

nvm

Last edited:
Those dudes are running with other regions style though.

Banks ain't buzzing at all. He's NY to me. Those other dudes...nah.

The truth is in the pudding, your own stations don't even rock with those dudes.

Let's not even talk about Vado. Those artist you mentioned don't even move the people.

action, rock marciano, jay, ...etc

The only people you named that are relevant out here are ASAP and French. And neither of them embrace the traditional NY sound. Probably only 20% of the other dudes' fanbases are out of state, if that.

Last edited:
That Budden joint was cool for a while until he started rambling for 5+ minutes as well. I was able to hear his jabs and punchlines on the link I clicked for the most part. It aint better than Los' or Joell's versions though.

As far as the NY status, it's more of a we let this happen than we did it to ourselves. The importance of lyrics in mainstream rap is nonexistent for new comers. Only the legends and vets get that credit. The current state now resembles ninjahood's argument about the homogenization of fashion across the country. Fans let the commercial rap completely spread across the mainstream playing field when the south got hot with all that party music that was void of any lyricism. Dudes was on they laffy taffy, walk it out, superman nonsense and it got so dominant the damn thing infected NYC as well so we got **** like something something with a soda on the side. Nobody really holding true to the signature sound. Everybody running with w/e trendy sound from another region is getting spins and selling records. The line of just having fun was crossed and it's been the point of no return since 2007, so no dope rappers from NYC even have a chance to blow in this current state. A dude like Joey Bad***** and his crew can't blow like the Wu did 20 years ago cuz of it. Where we're partially to blame is the vets aren't trying to find regional talent and develop them with in their circles. A lot of them dudes don't want to even quit rapping, so they doing it in to their 40s and on. I been saying since 2006 a lot of these dudes should call it quits but they wouldn't so I simply said I guess it'll have to be up to the new school to push these ****** in to retirement. Unfortunately they have no support on a mainstream level. The right timing and right song + movement hasn't been heard to the point it's undeniable.

So now when you see a dude like Macklemore get a crazy buzz with no major label backing but just off a grass roots buzz and plain good music (in this case a few singles) or how Wiz Khalifa is living good off of tours and mixtapes a lot of the NYC dudes who got the potential to drop the next classic album won't do that or simply won't get recognition if they tried so they go hard on the indie grass roots route. So don't expect NYC mainstream rap to come back any time soon. That's why this gimmick Kendrick implemented was so successful, it's the same **** Jay pulled back in 2000 and the same thing Wayne copied years after. The crabs in a barrel mentality aint helping either cuz it seems even dudes from the same borough can't gather the 5 or 7 dopest MCs and make a move.

Last edited:
Nas is my favorite rapper of all time. So there you have it.

It just sucks now outside of Nas and Jay...Jay is about to hit 50. Nas turning 40...that's too much pressure for them to hold up.

Last edited:
So outkast, goodie mob,Bun b, lil keke, and numerous other rappers from the south weren't lyrical when NYC rap reigned supreme???
All I have read is excuses in that rant...
I am from both the south and west coast and I enjoy all GOOD music, stop with these emotions and butt hurt feelings, NY did it to yourself, even though this is not about a coast(but people are eerily making it into a beef) KDOT is not saying he is just the KONY, but the King of everything in between from the west to the east, if you want to blame anybody you need to look at them snakes in your own backyard(Kayslay,Flex,Clue) who were taking payola to break records and also NY rappers have not had any unity for a long time. West coast, Midwest,South coast might beef but they know how to show each other love and respect at the end of the day(excluding this new ish between Gucci,Tip,Waka,Jeezy, that's on personal stuff but even still three of those four are ******g with each other). Tired of NY dudes blaming everything under the sun for their own very demise.. Once again stop being tight about the Truth... Just imagine instead of Joey and Styles arguing, what if the got on a track together, this is a time for NY to stand together and get right, **** the radio, just put that good product out and step them bars up so We can all enjoy just the rebirth of good hip hop music..
End of Story
But you ****** don't here me or KDOT tho..
i'm strictly talking about spins on the radio and on tv...

labels weren't trying to find the next outkast, good mob, ugk etc. radio ****** with houston for a min and then that was that. a couple of songs from mike jones, like one from slim thug and then it was back to atlanta before a miami dude stole the trap sound and ran with it.

again, NY been coming out with some quality stuff but its not on the radio.

banks cold corner series was decent
action bronson's rare chandeliers dope from front to back.
rae dropped ob4cl2
joey badass is dope
loso dropped his tapes
budden dropped his tapes
etc.

but none of that **** is what the majority want to hear. it took somebody like french saying i ain't worried about nothin 2343243 times and stealing the ying yang twins' adlib for us to get the kind of airplay we haven't had since jim dropped we fly high.

it took meek saying i'm a BAOWS over a trap beat for ****** outside of the NE to listen to what he had to say.

lastly, you say NY isn't/wasn't unified and say we should have been yet you cosign kendrick lamar when he says its a competition.

so which is it?

the south isn't as unified as ppl make it seem, either. but thats irrelevant, really. the point is that kendrick could have found another way of saying that he's nice but he chose to call himself KONY and the responses are deserved and relevant.

Those dudes are running with other regions style though.

Banks ain't buzzing at all. He's NY to me. Those other dudes...nah.

The truth is in the pudding, your own stations don't even rock with those dudes.

Let's not even talk about Vado. Those artist you mentioned don't even move the people.

Bronson, Joey, Skyzoo, Dza and FLATBUSH zombies ain't NY?

See what I mean y'all just hating to hate.

Dudes are doing international tours but only NY knows about them....

When it comes to NY artists, haters love to pigeonhole. Like all of the Cali dudes outside of TDE don't have the same type of "underground" cult following as NY artists (Blu, Pac Div, Dom etc.)

Its the internet, the buzz isn't just restricted to a city.

Back
Top Bottom