big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

When I hear y'all dudes say that a coast is falling off or something along that line, all I see is y'all talking about mainstream sh*t. Good music is around everywhere.
action, rock marciano, jay, ...etc

Skyzoo, Flatbush Zombies, Smoke Dza, A$AP, Vado, French, Banks funny enough NYC has more artist buzzing than any other region besides ATL but _s are still hating.

All I see in here is a lot of WC, down south cats looking for another excuse to throw shots at NYC.

Y'all cats are hypocrites and can't even see it.

You're doing the same thing you accuse NY'ers of doing.

The only people you named that are relevant out here are ASAP and French. And neither of them embrace the traditional NY sound. Probably only 20% of the other dudes' fanbases are out of state, if that.

Who's popping from the West beside TDE?

Besides Kendrick as a matter of fact. Cause Q and Soul have the same level of buzz as Dza and Bronson.

Last edited:
^^^ macklemore
grin.gif

Skyzoo, Flatbush Zombies, Smoke Dza, A$AP, Vado, French, Banks funny enough NYC has more artist buzzing than any other region besides ATL but _s are still hating.

All I see in here is a lot of WC, down south cats looking for another excuse to throw shots at NYC.

ASAP MOB is complete 90s Houston swisher house/screwed up click, UGK my man
Smoke Dza is on that plus on some WC ish
French is another south sounding rapper( except for that Mac and Cheese series)
Once again I am not throwing shots( I only speak for me) because my musical taste is all over the place and I just love GOOD music, but NY doesn't have a TRUE artist that I can say"Yeah that's some Wutang,DMX,etc, gritty NY sound" because the musical influences are all over the place.. Once again if NY is really feeling some type of way, how about stop throwing shots at each other, work together and bring NY back to those days
Jayz and Nas are not included in this conversation because their careers are Godfather status...Now I dig KDOT but I wouldn't mind if Nas/Jay/ Killa Cam/Fab went at him, now that would be interesting but ain't nobody got time for Papoose and the struggle rapper clique, sorry...
And I was down with Buddens but his antics make it hard to get jiggy with his ish

_s can't name 1 poppin artists from their region but they in here talking about the state of NY rap :lol:

Let me show you how stupid this convo is....

You know who had the hands down worst response in this whole situation?

B.O.B.

Son spit 1 verse then started playing his guitar like Weezy.

Should we use that as the cue to go in on Southern cats being wack and gimmicky?

Nah, man.

I. been in love with Hip-Hop all my life and this is one of the dopest moments I can ever remember.

But the wackass fans are kiling it with the same tired catfighting. It's like y'all want this to be over quickly so we can go back to the same stale wack s_.

ASAP MOB is complete 90s Houston swisher house/screwed up click, UGK my man
Smoke Dza is on that plus on some WC ish
French is another south sounding rapper( except for that Mac and Cheese series)
Once again I am not throwing shots( I only speak for me) because my musical taste is all over the place and I just love GOOD music, but NY doesn't have a TRUE artist that I can say"Yeah that's some Wutang,DMX,etc, gritty NY sound" because the musical influences are all over the place.. Once again if NY is really feeling some type of way, how about stop throwing shots at each other, work together and bring NY back to those days
Jayz and Nas are not included in this conversation because their careers are Godfather status...Now I dig KDOT but I wouldn't mind if Nas/Jay/ Killa Cam/Fab went at him, now that would be interesting but ain't nobody got time for Papoose and the struggle rapper clique, sorry...
And I was down with Buddens but his antics make it hard to get jiggy with his ish

NY is back.

Young NY artists are putting out crack.

Y'all just won't ever admit to it cause y'all got a 15 year old chip on y'all shoulders.

The sound of the moment is just dumbed down chants and fluffy R&B raps. That's all the radio is gonna play regardless but NY, Cali, Chi-Town etc. are going through mini-renaissances.

Y'all can appreciate it everywhere else but when it comes to NY, y'all always want to hate and take it back to the 90's.

Things are evolving, appreciate it.

Last edited:
When I hear y'all dudes say that a coast is falling off or something along that line, all I see is y'all talking about mainstream sh*t. Good music is around everywhere.

The only people you named that are relevant out here are ASAP and French. And neither of them embrace the traditional NY sound. Probably only 20% of the other dudes' fanbases are out of state, if that.

Who's popping from the West beside TDE?

Besides Kendrick as a matter of fact. Cause Q and Soul have the same level of buzz as Dza and Bronson.

I said nothing about the west having more "buzz" :lol: Moreso the fact that you're delusional enough to say rappers like Vado and Skyzoo are relevant at all. You wanna debate "buzz" we can bring Basedgod into this. Let me know about this crack that's being put out please because French, Joey Badass and ASAP are the only new guys that are putting out **** people outside of your state care about, and French sucks.There's no chip on our shoulders, we just don't act like we're running **** when we know we aren't. We don't get these Papooses or Vados that come along that we try to shove down people's throats. Nipsey was probably the only dude that fits that mold but I personally never saw it in him.

Hell yeah Cali dudes are gonna ride hard for TDE, it's the best thing to happen to our rap scene in forever.

Last edited:
Define relevance and what it has to do with cats going hard over the same beat?

Y'all _s gay.

I thought it was about who could spit and make hot music?

I guess no one outside of the south besides Drake is relevant then. And Drake is the best out because he's the most "relevant".

:smh:

Everyone is on a level playing field right now, going hard over the same beat and y'all talking about the radio, contracts and relevance.

CORNY.

Last edited:
Anger is flowing through people's bloodstream right now. It's starting to get sad.

Last edited:

at some point dudes need to stop embracing 'buzz' and start respecting talent. Too many rappers sold their soul for the sake of a buzz. Buzz will eat hip hop alive, if kendrick embraced 'buzz' he would have dropped good kid rack city or some other bs!

If dudes keep spitting that real, it'll eventually come to the top, ya'll can have your rich homie quans, migos, and whatever other variant bs you're peddling. I've seen what happened to chingy, d4l and young joc,and it's just history repeating itself. Hip hop is and will always be about the spitters, and pound for pound the spitters reside in the east, as long as dudes respect the architecture dudes have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
It takes more than freestyles...you need the whole package.

Be honest who you think the people gonna gravitate to...Action or J Cole?

Action or Kendrick?

Action or Krit?

Y'all missing the complete package. It takes more than a Kool G Rap flow to bring it around. Dudes still think its about that, but that's the reason Pap ain't out there. Mix tape **** is exactly that, for the mix tapes.

Until you see the bigger picture ya'll gonna be in the same rut as the GOP.

NY is back.

Young NY artists are putting out crack.

Y'all just won't ever admit to it cause y'all got a 15 year old chip on y'all shoulders.

The sound of the moment is just dumbed down chants and fluffy R&B raps. That's all the radio is gonna play regardless but NY, Cali, Chi-Town etc. are going through mini-renaissances.

Y'all can appreciate it everywhere else but when it comes to NY, y'all always want to hate and take it back to the 90's.

Things are evolving, appreciate it.
Instead of throwing boring shots, actually name someone so I can give them a chance..
It's not about having a "15 year old" chip on my shoulder... This is a music forum,so instead of having your jaws tight like a ratchet Walmart cashier, actually give information because the cats you listed aint spitting no real NY hip hop outside the likes of my man Action Bronson
#allfacts
I would like to partake in a good NY mixtape or song at this point

I couldn't care less who the masses are going to gravitate to. The **** still plays just the same on my iPod. Don't matter to me what's popular in the mainstream.

Gimme some Action, Bad***** and Roc Marciano and I'm good, if I'm in a gritty New York mood.

I'll leave the numbers to the execs.

at some point dudes need to stop embracing 'buzz' and start respecting talent. Too many rappers sold their soul for the sake of a buzz. Buzz will eat hip hop alive, if kendrick embraced 'buzz' he would have dropped good kid rack city or some other bs!

If dudes keep spitting that real, it'll eventually come to the top, ya'll can have your rich homie quans, migos, and whatever other variant bs you're peddling. I've seen what happened to chingy, d4l and young joc,and it's just history repeating itself. Hip hop is and will always be about the spitters, and pound for pound the spitters reside in the east, as long as dudes respect the architecture dudes have nothing to worry about.

I'm the last person that'll say your buzz defines you as an artist, I just found it comical the no-names that were listed as a reason for NY artists having the most buzz out of any region. Then dude had the nerve to call us gay for debating relevance when he brought it up :lol: I think hip-hop altogether is moving forward after the dark years it saw but people keep turning it into a regional circle-jerk and it's redundant as ****. I love Bronson and Badass; and I even **** with ASAP heavy and they aren't exactly the most skilled rappers.

Last edited:
I couldn't care less who the masses are going to gravitate to. The **** still plays just the same on my iPod. Don't matter to me what's popular in the mainstream.

Gimme some Action, Bad***** and Roc Marciano and I'm good, if I'm in a gritty New York mood.

I'll leave the numbers to the execs.

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom