big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

But in the end,

The South won.

and we lost

because we have to endure a bunch of Alley Boy's, Gucci's, Yo Gott's and Lil Boosie's

and record labels signing Chief Keef's and French Montana's

because that's what they think people want to hear.

not here for this Gucci and Boosie slander, sir.

and it was inevitable that the style of southern of rapping would take over and basically influence EVERYONE, and not just the chief keef's and french montana's but the A$AP Rocky's and Spaceghostpurps...

Dr. Dre doesn't write any of his own ****. Chronic was Snoop's album and 01 had a ton of influences. Dre is as much of a rapper as Diddy is.
Does it make 2001 any less West Coast? Eminem wrote damn near all the lyrics, but it's still viewed far and wide as a West Coast album. Nobody is/was out there saying 'Oh, 2001? Detroit killed it with that one, y'all.'

Dr. Dre doesn't write any of his own ****. Chronic was Snoop's album and 01 had a ton of influences. Dre is as much of a rapper as Diddy is.
Nas wrote "Miami" and Will rapped it, but I'm sure nobody from Queens or Philly is going to claim that song. You know which city it belongs to.

But solo wise, Pusha T is very new, just as a Malice or Black Thought album would be considered new

To the layman, maybe. But someone like Kendrick should know better. Why not call out Big Boi while he's at it?

Well, Big Boi technically has 3 solo albums, dating back to 2005 (Purple Ribbon all stars), so he couldn't at all be considered new. Dre 3000 on the other hand is the opposite, cause he has no solo rap album and only releases 3 verses every 2 years about nothing in particular, but since they don't happen often, his verses get hyped as high as the heavens. Fight me 3K fans, I'll take you all on like Lisa Ann.

Heard Ortiz's response, very nice. I have 1 of his solo albums and 3 or 4 of his mixtapes, so to me that is actually Ortiz on a daily basis

How can you take what Kendrick said any other way tho? He straight up said he was the King Of New York... It doesn't even matter how you analyzed it. What he said is what he said. PERIOD.

Youre in denial if you dont think he meant what he said... If I was a rapper from NY I'd be real heated right now.

idc no more.

y'all N_s dumb.

teachers in schools across America teach students about context so you can use that knowledge in real life.

in the context he used it he was comparing himself to BIG by using one of his monikers...not calling himself the actual king.

so to say it doesn't matter how it's analyzed is stupid and ignorant.

if i were to say "i'm mary's son" i could mean A. that i am Jesus (or comparable to Jesus) or B. that Mary birthed me.

two different concepts. same sentence. see how that works?

Bottom line is that Kendrick's verse on "Control" was the rap equivalent of The 48 Laws of Power. Was it his best verse? Debateable. His most important verse? It's way too soon, but it wouldn't surprise me if it shaped up that way.

He was able to lay social media waste to his contemporaries (self-explanatory), incite wide-ranged debate (see this thread), and save himself (by throwing in the Jay/Nas/3000/Em disclaimer). It was a power move of the highest order. 

He won 2013. And there are 5 months left.

Why is French Montana being mentioned anyway? Dude is butt

Can't listen to dude at all after I heard this gem from him, "You got the juice man? Call me O.J. That's macaroni, guacamole."

Just SMH turned it off and sat there in awe how someone could rap that. :x

"MEEK MILL RAP LIKE HIS 5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG CAME OUT TO $8.34" These Worldstar dudes are crazy.
laugh.gif

I find it ridiculous how people get so upset over make believe titles, like children fighting to be the line leader or something.

"he said he's the king of ny, uhh ohhhh".

It's not a real position. It's like saying the king of the universe. People getting upset as if these are actual slots that they campaign for and voters make the decision in November.

The east coast west coast nonsense is silly to me anyway. Dudes acting like they built these neighborhoods with their bare hands. I understand that you have pride for your community, but rap takes stuff too far.

And :lol: and durk and reese implying that mentioning their name even crossed anyone's mind.

Last edited:
joel ortiz > EVERYONE.

no contest.

new york is saved

:You aint the king of new york, you the next thing on my fork: :smh:

Last edited:
I could plug in Papoose, JR Writer, Jae Millz, Corey Gunz in there and you'd have the exact same situation.  

Nobody wants to hear that **** on a consistent basis.

The problem isn't the music.  The problem is who controls what music gets shine.  

There are garbage artists from EVERY region and every region has their time to shine.  But all that said, I could list 10 solid artists in place of the Alley Boy's and Corey Gunz of the world.

Bad music is bad music.  Coasts have nothing to do with it.  

No, it wouldn't be the same situation.

I'd rather listen to artist who have some substance and talent even if mediocre or not marketable

Cory and Pap aren't garbage. A sixth grader could out rap Waka.

Back
Top Bottom