Biggest Disappointment/Surprise of 2007 Vol. Damn that was bad...oooh this is good

Biggest surprises of 2007

Justice - Cross
Blu and Exile - Below the Heavens

Disappointment of 2007

Beanie Sigel - The Solution
alien.gif

Disappointment:
Kanye's joint, most defintely. Homeboy proved that he's a producer first, fashion diva second, rapper third
Somewhat Common's, I just haven't been in the mood to listen to it lately
8 Diagrams, it was "eh" to me.

Surprise:
Didn't expect to like AG and Big Dough Rehab so much

Originally Posted by EG47

More Disappointments:
Lil Wayne - The Carter 3 - I'm still waiting to see whether he can live up to his self proclaimed hype

More Surprises:
Devin The Dude - Waiting to Inhale
Uh you know TC3 isn't out yet right?

And I think Devin's album was his weakest yet, the Coughee Brothaz joint was way doper, WTI let me down
ohwell.gif

^ Yah, I know C3 hasn't dropped but it was supposedly one of the most anticipated albums to come out THIS year
laugh.gif
I'm not a Weezy fan/hater butI'm a lil disappointed it didn't drop.

As for Devin's joint..I liked it. It wasn't as good as his last album but it stayed on my iPod for a minute, but I get where your coming from.

Great albums:
Free At Last (heads are sleepin big time
smh.gif
)
American Gangster- after Kingdom Come I was like this dude needs to chill but this cd is coke.
Graduation- I liked it, alot of you must have been expecting some ground breaking shh I guess

Bad albums
The Solution
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
, son what were you doing? Put down the syrup b
T.I. vs T.I.P.- ever since Trap Muzik he's gone downhill imo

Albums im still going through:
Mood Muzik 3- on 2nd listen this is fire gotta listen some more
The Cool- So far so good, still gotta wait before making a strong judgement

Awesome albums -- Graduation, American Gangster, Free At last, Hi Tek, Dj Envy & Red Cafe just to name a few...

Terrible/disappointing album - The solution...lol Fabo & TIP take the cake aswell lol..

Biggest Surprise: Kanye West ouselling 50 cent head to head on 9-11

Biggest Disappointment: Curtis(the main reason why Kanye West beat 50. Album was trash compare to Graduation)

Biggest Surprise
Wu-Tang Clan - 8 Diagrams (I thought their CD would be nice but not this nice, beats are amazing and lyrics are tough)
Scarface - M.A.D.E. (I thought he might be too old to do it but he put out a 4.75/5 album, its a complete album)
Jay-Z - American Gangster (I didnt like Kingdom Come and Black Album was his worst IMO, American Gangster is a gem)
Ali & Gipp (Wasnt expecting alot from this but it turned out to be a real nice CD, variety of songs on here)
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Chit (Real nice CD, i like majority of the album)
Joe - Ain't Nothin Like Me (He's gettin old and has put out alot of music but this was one of my fav R&B joints)

Biggest Disappointment
Fabolous - From Nothin To Somethin (Lyrically nice but album was too soft. Soft concepts, beats and hooks)
Lil' Wyte - The One and Only (Too generic, he was trying to follow the new south which is trash)
Ne-Yo - Because Of You (Rushed, half the CD was amazing the other half i refuse to play)
T.I. - T.I. vs T.I.P. (Something was off, the CD has no replay value and just wasnt good)
Keith Murray - Rapmurrphobia (Huge Keith fan but this album was just wack to me, wack beats and too many features)
Swizz Beatz - One Man Band (It was an east coast southern album)

Originally Posted by jhendri5

Biggest Disappointments: TI vs TIP and Curtis
Biggest Suprise: The Dream-Love/Hate

Seen.

Also, other big disappointments to me were Cassidy, DJ Drama, Chris Brown.

Big surprises were Lloyd, T-Pain, Wayne, and Kanye.

Surprises:
  • Cassidy- B.A.R.S.---Eff what ya heard, this album is nice. Both of Cassidy's previous albums were garbage in my opinion. But, I like the direction he went with this one. (Standout tracks: Innocent
    eek.gif
    , I Pray, Damn I Miss The Game, I Get My Paper, Celebrate, All By Myself.)
  • Chamillionaire- Ultimate Victory--- I never really was a big fan of Cham's at first, and the thought he would make a decent hip-hop album with no cursing, (yeah I was dumb for thinking it was going to suck based off that point alone.) But, damn! Cham dropped one of my favorite albums of '07. (Standout tracks: Morning/Evening News, Standing Ovation, Won't Let You Down, Pimp Mode, Ultimate Vacation (favorite track on the album btw.), and Stuck in the Ghetto even though it's Tony Henry, so damn catchy. Dude is tough.)
  • Jay-Z- American Gangster--- After the tragedy that was Kingdom Come how could Hov bounce back and drop another gem? Well American Gangster was just that. Watching the film, and then listening to the record really puts the image of what he's trying to get across in the album giving the fans another way to relate with Hov, and giving the album an almost deeper feeling. This album's production was top-notch, and Hov brought it with the lyrics. I love this album. (Standout tracks: American Dreamin', Fallin', No Hook, Success, Party Life
    eek.gif
    , Say Hello.)
  • Honorable Mentions: Boss Hogg Outlawz- Serve and Collect, Scarface- M.A.D.E., Trae- Life Goes On, Yung Joc- Hustlenomics (haha yes I actually enjoyed this album.)
Disappointments:
  • Fabolous- From Nothin' to Somethin'--- Honestly, Fab just drop an album that everyone know that you are capable of, you are about to hit Jadakiss status with your all your
    pimp.gif
    guest verses, and such
    sick.gif
    albums.
  • Common- Finding Forever--- This album got a lot of acclaim this year, but honestly Be. was better, and this album has absolutely no replay value at all.
  • Kanye West- Graduation--- I debated putting this on here, I love LR, and CD, but this $*+! is just too pop. Like I honestly think a Kidz Bop version is on the way soon. But, Flashing Lights is
    pimp.gif
    though. It was just a letdown after LR, but I mean what wouldn't be. LR in my opinion is a perfect, classic album.
  • 50 Cent- Curtis--- I tried to give it a listen...but honestly couldn't. Only song I thought was hot was Man Down, and half of it is edited.
    frown.gif
  • Drama-Gangsta Grillz: The Album--- Come on Drama! This had so much potential, drops hot mixtapes all the time, but can't put out a hot album. Life's a #%+!%.
  • T.I.- T.I. vs. T.I.P.--- Wow. You know it actually had it's moments, in fact, I loved all of the T.I. vs. T.I.P. tracks, but the watered down Runners beats, and he went a little overboard with having Wyclef on two songs. This album is really in the grey area, but after King, it was a disappointment to me.
  • Swizz Beatz- One Man Band Man---
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    alien.gif
    alien.gif
    alien.gif
    alien.gif
    alien.gif
    alien.gif
    alien.gif
    alien.gif
    alien.gif
    alien.gif
    alien.gif
    alien.gif
    alien.gif

disappointments: Eardrum, kind of.

Suprises: Blu & Exile, Brother Ali's "The Undisputed Truth"

Surprises:

Cassidy came with it on this album lyrically..however the production was awful.

Okay i know i know..i shouldve known about Madlib. very creative album tho.

What can i say about Black Milk...great beats...above average lyrically...great flow.

If you didnt bother to listen...your missing out.

I was concerned that Ev wouldnt be able to handle a solo album. but he brought it on this and showed why he isnt jus a monotonous voice.

Dissapointments:

He had a great formula for GRODT and Massacre..and he tried that same formula and to no avail it sucked. Great marketing but was a waste of my time.

As A Talib fan i had extremely high standards...so i was mad

Such a great concept..nickel and a nail was my favorite..but overall i wasnt impressed.

As a chicagoan..i was hoping maybe for a classic..but this was the same ol common..

Once again Fab had me! i thought he would finally put together a classic album..but no he didnt...if he rapped like he did on this is family...on everytrack...it would be such a great album.

In all i liked all of those albums but some of em jus didnt have the certain hmmph!
grin.gif

I listen to hip-hop, but by no means am I up on it like you guys are. So, I will stick with what I know.

Suprise:
dc6200c21b31f3b34bc654996e0e8dd2.jpg

Yes, I am a huge fan. But this is their best album in the last 10 years, easily. I didn't expect anything of this caliber. 25 years, and they are still oneof the most relevent punk bands.

Disappointment:
korn_untitled_pa.jpg

Say what you want about Korn. Yea, rap metal, nu-metal, Limp Bizkit
sick.gif
.... but I could always count on these guys for soem decent music.

This album SUCKED. There was not one song worth the effort of hitting next on my CD player. Absolutely brutal.

Suprise: Free At Last (album goes hard)
Dissapointment: T.I. Vs. TIP

Alot of yall hatin' on FNTS but I actually liked this album.

Biggest Disappointment: Ti vs TIP...i'm not sure it has gotten more than 1 listen

Biggest Surprise: Ima have to go with The Big Doe Rehab....I didn't expect much but I'm really lovin this album

Suprises: None...sorry

Disses: My man Dennis Coles. I expected "Mo Fish" from him but I got something else: a mixture of BPW and Pretty Toney. Starks needs to go back tothose of 5% talk, blaxploitation egotistical, "rap is like ziti" days.

What happend to those darts? Cobra Clutch, Stand Up, Ghost Deni, 260???

Maybe I have to listen to Big Doe Rehab again. Someone school me on this album plz.

Back
Top Bottom