Biggie vs. Tupac

Originally Posted by oOickusOo

Point blank, anyone that says Pac was better than Biggie has a VERY biased opinion. There is no way he is nicer than Biggie as a rapper. Biggie was WAY more advanced. The only thing Pac had was that he was deep and I guess that touched a lot of people. But, as far as being a better rapper, you're fooling yourself if you're voting Pac.

By the way, Big L>Biggie and Pac. It's a shame the number of people who have never even heard of him.
i agree on every aspect of this post

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

seriously why were so many people on these two's nuts tho? i dont hear anything "influential" in any of there lyrics, biggie rapped about a life he never lived, and pac is just garbage

wow log off
indifferent.gif

pac dropped like 50 albums after he died how many did big drop?
laugh.gif
thatshould say it all.

Originally Posted by Chico Dusty

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

seriously why were so many people on these two's nuts tho? i dont hear anything "influential" in any of there lyrics, biggie rapped about a life he never lived, and pac is just garbage

Your hispanic, no? You gets a pass for not hearing anything influential ...
laugh.gif

lol boy stop, i grew up in a bad neighborhood, in a mainly black community. so trust me, i understand what hes saying, but on some real stuff i can relate toscarface more then both of them combined. hell i can relate to devin the dude more then them
laugh.gif

both of them are overrated like crazy. and half of yall werent even listenin to them bammas until you found out they were killed.

so stop acting like they are some sort of rap saints, because HONESTLY. and somebody please prove me wrong... bone thugs n harmony were poopin all over themboys back in the day.

Pac was a revolutionary who put his poetry to beats. BIG was a RAPPER. In fact, he was a rapper's rapper. Nicer lyrically on the mike and off the dome thenpossibly anyone before or after (sorry, Jigga). Pac would write a ghetto anthem, BIG would freestyle a guaranteed party starter. Two different styles ofartist, with 2 different artistic goals pushing their work. Really not possible to say who is greater unless you qualify what the category is. Best Rapper?BIG. Most Socially relevant and best artist? Pac.

Originally Posted by nelly28

pac dropped like 50 albums after he died how many did big drop?
laugh.gif
that should say it all.

What, that Pac wrote a song every waking minute he was alive and BIG went to the studio and freestyled albums? Anyone who knows their music and how theyrecorded will realize your statement means nothing. BIG had at least a whole album's worth of material in his head the night he got shot, according toPuff.

Originally Posted by steven42lh

Pac was a revolutionary who put his poetry to beats. BIG was a RAPPER. In fact, he was a rapper's rapper. Nicer lyrically on the mike and off the dome then possibly anyone before or after (sorry, Jigga). Pac would write a ghetto anthem, BIG would freestyle a guaranteed party starter. Two different styles of artist, with 2 different artistic goals pushing their work. Really not possible to say who is greater unless you qualify what the category is. Best Rapper? BIG. Most Socially relevant and best artist? Pac.

Agreed.

Let it go and keep it moving.

Somethin for your earhole, so you can clean them %%#+! out
It seems that some don't understand what I'm talkin about
How you get West coast +@$%@, from West coast hater?
I could never dis a whole coast, my time is too greater(true)
Yeah, we from the East, the land of originators
You also from the West, the land of innovators
The only difference of the two is the style of the rap
Plus the musical track, this beef $$!! is so wack
Let me let y'all brothas know I ain't no West coast disser
Another thing I'm not is a damn ++! kisser
So listen to my words as I set things straight
I ain't got no beef, so don't come in my face
Keep it movin, yeah to the K.I.M.
Keep it movin, yeah yeah to the K.I.M.
I ain't got no time for schuckin and jivin
Keep it movin, keep it movin, yeah yeah to the K.I.M.
Keep it movin, yeah yeah to the K.I.M.
I ain't got no time for schuckin and jivin

-Q-TIP

2 Pac was the better overall rapper (All time in my opinion) because of the amount of more material he put out than BIG.

BIG was an always will be the greatest lyricist ever and none of Pac's album are Better than Ready to Die or Life After Death.

BIGGIE
pimp.gif

2 different styles. Can't compare em IMHO. Pac's rawness and influential songs. Biggie's "swag" and smooth flow.

I think eventually they will be on the same exact platform and you won't really be able to compare the two because of the significance of both men in hiphop among other things. Because really, it's almost like you can't have one without the other.

I think BIG was a better lyricist, but I prefer Pac's music.

Pac was also a more prolific writer and, as stated, was more influential and more of a movement.

Both MC's are greatly missed and appreciated though.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Pac is the most overrated person of all-time.
Finally someone said it.

Originally Posted by oOickusOo

Point blank, anyone that says Pac was better than Biggie has a VERY biased opinion. There is no way he is nicer than Biggie as a rapper. Biggie was WAY more advanced. The only thing Pac had was that he was deep and I guess that touched a lot of people. But, as far as being a better rapper, you're fooling yourself if you're voting Pac.

By the way, Big L>Biggie and Pac. It's a shame the number of people who have never even heard of him.
I agree with all of this as well. Calling Pac deep is reaching though.

Back
Top Bottom