Bill Belichick wins AP Coach of the Year...vol. RAHbbed

david-tyree-catch.jpg

happy 3rd anniversary 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by msaba07

I guarantee raheem morris will be out of a job in 3 years ...

Reason being..?
And if anything McCarthy should have been the one to win it over Raheem. I have no idea why Belichick won this award when Brady had arguably his greatest season ever this year, and his team was ousted in the playoffs in the first round.
i can never figure out why people always use playoff performance as a reason for anyone not deserving an award when we've all known for years now that these awards are regular season awards and not just for the NFL but for ALL sports in America..... it's been that way ever since they started handing out awards. MVP, Coach, rookie, comeback player, best 6th man, defensive player, cy young... all regular season awards.
why belichick won when brady had his best season..... did you notice how the offense changed after they traded away Moss? you don;t think Belichick had anything to do with that? and besides, people had this team at best 9-7 and possibly missing the playoffs before the season started.
There wasn't a single analyst that predicted the Bucs to get more than 4 wins before the season started. I can't remember who it was on ESPN that predicted they'd win 1 game. We were the first team to start 10 rookies and have a winning season. We ended the season with 3 undrafted rookies and our 5th rounder from last year starting on our offensive line next to Donald Penn. We started an undrafted rookie at running back, 2 rookies at wide receiver and a second year quarterback. We also had our top 2 defensive linemen, our top cornerback, both of our starting defensive ends, 3 or our top 4 safetys and our top linebacker all go out with injuries and had to be replaced by more rookies...most of which being either late rounders or undrafted. The last game of the season where we beat the Saints we were forced to start two guys who we just moved up from our practice squad at receiver and safety, one had 65 yds and a TD and the other picked off Drew Brees. So the whole "Belichick had to fill holes" thing goes out the window. Raheem had the youngest team in the entire league turn around from 3-13 to 10-6, the same record as the Super Bowl-bound Packers. Playoffs or not, dude should have won this award in my opinion.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by msaba07

I guarantee raheem morris will be out of a job in 3 years ...

Reason being..?
And if anything McCarthy should have been the one to win it over Raheem. I have no idea why Belichick won this award when Brady had arguably his greatest season ever this year, and his team was ousted in the playoffs in the first round.
i can never figure out why people always use playoff performance as a reason for anyone not deserving an award when we've all known for years now that these awards are regular season awards and not just for the NFL but for ALL sports in America..... it's been that way ever since they started handing out awards. MVP, Coach, rookie, comeback player, best 6th man, defensive player, cy young... all regular season awards.
why belichick won when brady had his best season..... did you notice how the offense changed after they traded away Moss? you don;t think Belichick had anything to do with that? and besides, people had this team at best 9-7 and possibly missing the playoffs before the season started.
There wasn't a single analyst that predicted the Bucs to get more than 4 wins before the season started. I can't remember who it was on ESPN that predicted they'd win 1 game. We were the first team to start 10 rookies and have a winning season. We ended the season with 3 undrafted rookies and our 5th rounder from last year starting on our offensive line next to Donald Penn. We started an undrafted rookie at running back, 2 rookies at wide receiver and a second year quarterback. We also had our top 2 defensive linemen, our top cornerback, both of our starting defensive ends, 3 or our top 4 safetys and our top linebacker all go out with injuries and had to be replaced by more rookies...most of which being either late rounders or undrafted. The last game of the season where we beat the Saints we were forced to start two guys who we just moved up from our practice squad at receiver and safety, one had 65 yds and a TD and the other picked off Drew Brees. So the whole "Belichick had to fill holes" thing goes out the window. Raheem had the youngest team in the entire league turn around from 3-13 to 10-6, the same record as the Super Bowl-bound Packers. Playoffs or not, dude should have won this award in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom