Bipolar Friend

I've known my friend since freshmen year of college but we are roommates this year.. Recently I've notice her mood changes rapidly through out the day and she's always been a hot head but now that I'm with her everyday I've really noticed it.. And it's mainly with men tho. I feel she's bipolar but I'm unsure of how to talk to her about it to gt her help.. I'm thinking of finding a pamphlet of a place she call or go cuz when I bring it up she just goes crazy or has no response..so how u guys suppose I go through with this

Just be honest with her. If it's just towards guys, you have to wonder if it is legit bipolar disorder as much as it is bitterness.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I was always under the impression that bipolar meant lengthy periods of mania and depression with periods of normality in between.  I have 2 friends that have bipolar disorder that refuse to take medication and their mood doesn't change like they've flipped a switch, they just go through 2-3 week periods of being totally depressed or totally crazy.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I was always under the impression that bipolar meant lengthy periods of mania and depression with periods of normality in between.  I have 2 friends that have bipolar disorder that refuse to take medication and their mood doesn't change like they've flipped a switch, they just go through 2-3 week periods of being totally depressed or totally crazy.
Well, it's different for everyone. Typically a man's bipolar cycle is slower than that of a woman's.

Yea idk why u got an email but I was thinking of being str8 up n if she gets mad or whatever then at least I kept it real... N my other friend has been diagnosed with bipolar n his moods switch up everyday day n she's the same way so I figured it has to be maybe not exactly bipolar but a mood disorder the thing is I feel it's something deeper with men but not bitterness like her pass but that's a very touchy subject to talk about unless the person comes to you about it

If you guys are cool, then just let he know. I would rather a friend tell me to chill for my self and future.

This. One of my good female friends admitted to me over the summer she suffered really badly with biopolar disorder, I only ever saw her act out of character once but she told me she tries to hold in a lot of the anger and things around people shes cool with.....but she said the medicines helped her out a lot after a while, so you should def let her know you're concerned, or start out asking her if anything is wrong, etc.

Mental illness is a touchy subject and can make people very uncomfortable. Instead of diagnosing her yourself, tell her that you're worried about her and suggest she sees someone. If you're in college there's a free service.

Back
Top Bottom