Birth of a Nation sounds INSANE. vol. Nat Turner Slave Rebellion Movie (Teaser Trailer - p. 5)

Okay so if we agree he and his friend participated in rape where do we go from here?
I mean the movie is still gonna come about but you see how fast people threw away Bill Cosby. You may have seen Parker at the BET awards or what ever black awards shows( of the movie was great he may have gotten a bigger award show nom) but I don't see any of that happening now

If your gonna make an inflammatory movie or "speak up" you gotta make sure you also have no skeletons in your closet

The chick who accused you of rape and tormenting her is now dead.

Last edited:
I mean of course I see why an old rape allegation is being brought up now of all times. But man, some of the things that were in the document. He and his boy hired a private investigator to hand out posters to find the girl. Then Allegedly intimidating her.

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/civil-complaint-2-wm.pdf

I think everybody should read this before we start this "we talking about college, we talking about 17 years ago" nonsense like time negates anything

However I think this is irrelevant to this movie and I hate that this is now overshadowing a very important story :{

I've been waiting on this film forever, I'll still watch since it's already done. But man , even it was consensual they were scumbags for tormenting her like that.

I mean the movie is still gonna come about but you see how fast people threw away Bill Cosby. You may have seen Parker at the BET awards or what ever black awards shows( of the movie was great he may have gotten a bigger award show nom) but I don't see any of that happening now

If your gonna make an inflammatory movie or "speak up" you gotta make sure you also have no skeletons in your closet

Well he was already at the BET awards this year I believe and they showed the trailer if I remember correctly. There is a person on Twitter(@Afrostateofmind) who was at PSU who says the story is bigger than what the media is portraying. Does anyone know the race of the victim?

"Entire Black towns have been burned down behind false allegations of rape by White women against Black men. Ask ppl who sat in the trial. [emoji]9749[/emoji]️"

This tweet makes it suggest the accuser was white

Last edited:

Well he was already at the BET awards this year I believe and they showed the trailer if I remember correctly. There is a person on Twitter(@Afrostateofmind) who was at PSU who says the story is bigger than what the media is portraying. Does anyone know the race of the victim?

"Entire Black towns have been burned down behind false allegations of rape by White women against Black men. Ask ppl who sat in the trial. [emoji]9749[/emoji]️"

This tweet makes it suggest the accuser was white
I was using BET as an example of the support that he would've gotten from the movie. None of that's going to happen now

And none of the docs or articles say her name or race.

Powerful image.
Whatever it takes to continue to sweep our history of racism and violence under the rug. I hate that this has become the narrative for this movie when you have Roman Polanski and Woody Allen still floating around.

What's even worse are the black feminist complaining about him even more . They were already mad he had a white wife now that the old rape allegations came out they're trying to go ham on the brother

people have a nack of releasing things to attempt to destroy da messenger when da message can potentially be a threat... thats in general thou.

Not the first time this has been brought up apparently. Article back in 2007 mentions it when talking about Nate Parker and his rise to fame

Meh, I still watch Woody Allen movies so I'll be watching this film. Sad that the victim killed herself tho. yeesh.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx  

Quote:

Read somewhere that it may be pushed back because of his old rape charge. Not surprised by the media trying to up-heave his past. 
Whatever it takes to continue to sweep our history of racism and violence under the rug. I hate that this has become the narrative for this movie when you have Roman Polanski and Woody Allen still floating around.
These 2 guys have something in common with the Hollywood overlords, which is why they've essentially been given a pass.

The studio is probably not gonna release the film. Too much of a PR nightmare, even if the film is basically Oscar-worthy.

I mean of course I see why an old rape allegation is being brought up now of all times. But man, some of the things that were in the document. He and his boy hired a private investigator to hand out posters to find the girl. Then Allegedly intimidating her.

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/civil-complaint-2-wm.pdf

I think everybody should read this before we start this "we talking about college, we talking about 17 years ago" nonsense like time negates anything

However I think this is irrelevant to this movie and I hate that this is now overshadowing a very important story :{

i read it and referenced it in my post

whats captured in there is def scum bag level but at the same time... how much of that is true?? i dont know how much of that is true so im not running with it as fact. couple that with the fact that this happened 17 years ago and that he was acquitted and that he allegedly disclosed this and that its been known... im just sayin... what ive seen so far aint pushed me to the "no return" position

there is a phone convo transcript too... i read all that. from how Nate was talking this looks like victim had a train ran on her and regretted it.

how do we know thats not the case?

Back
Top Bottom