Birth of a Nation sounds INSANE. vol. Nat Turner Slave Rebellion Movie (Teaser Trailer - p. 5)

I'll see the movie...

I already know what the OG one is about...

Basically you don't want to let Minorities (even if they're the majority) take control because they'll turn your city into ANARCHY....
The OG one was about murderous racist klansmen.

Poor choice of song to end the trailer.

I was thinking the same thing...not really needed, IMO.
That screams of something added in by a marketing team that doesn't know the story or seen the movie.
I figured Audra Day was probably also a producer.

Don't matter much now anyway. Just a trailer

Last edited:
Goodness... :eek

r35KkHb.jpg

Nate catching a lot of heat for his past actions

Still going to see the movie though. The Nat Turner story needs to be told.

Read somewhere that it may be pushed back because of his old rape charge. Not surprised by the media trying to up-heave his past. 

Powerful image.

Read somewhere that it may be pushed back because of his old rape charge. Not surprised by the media trying to up-heave his past. 
Whatever it takes to continue to sweep our history of racism and violence under the rug. I hate that this has become the narrative for this movie when you have Roman Polanski and Woody Allen still floating around.

Last edited:
College?!?!? Man get the **** outta here with that. That doesn't deserve any coverage.

Ain't that some ****. They can try and drag dudes name through the mid off a charge he was acquitted of :{

i searched his name on twitter and its nothing but black women going in on him.

17 years ago and he was acquitted. I just got to be honest my first thought was why is this even being brought up and it was nothing but a hater move by whoever did.

Secondly... reading through the affidavit... if all that is true, wow (if its all true). But still why now?

and even if it is all true, i dont have any type of connection to Nate Parker to be like im boycotting or feel bad for supporting the movie.

Powerful image.
Whatever it takes to continue to sweep our history of racism and violence under the rug. I hate that this has become the narrative for this movie when you have Roman Polanski and Woody Allen still floating around.

What's even worse are the black feminist complaining about him even more . They were already mad he had a white wife now that the old rape allegations came out they're trying to go ham on the brother

17 years ago and he was acquitted. I just got to be honest my first thought was why is this even being brought up and it was nothing but a hater move by whoever did.

Secondly... reading through the affidavit... if all that is true, wow (if its all true). But still why now?

and even if it is all true, i dont have any type of connection to Nate Parker to be like im boycotting or feel bad for supporting the movie.
i didn't want to make that assumption at first either, but this is pretty transparent.

The worst part is people feed into the ******** narrative.

Never mind the fact that it was nearly two decades ago AND he was acquitted.

Link to the affidavit? 

I don't even quite understand how journalists would be able to make this an issue. All he has to say is:

17 years ago and he I was acquitted.

...Next question. If anything it sounds his co-writer is the one that things could get a bit problematic regarding since he had been found guilty initially according to that article.

Aw man, reading that I don't like that **** at all. I actually would like to hear from him on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom