Black Culture Discussion Thread

Malcolm himself said the Nation of Islam made attempts on his life, and it would be them that probably took him out.

I have no proof who killed Malcolm but if I had to bet, I would put money on the Nation.

Last edited:

I searched who he was this morning and I saw

"Graham was at one time a segregationist but, after the U.S. Supreme Court handed down Brown vs. Board of Education -- which ended segregation in public schools -- he flipped the switch and became a civil rights leader. He integrated seating at his revival meetings, and became a close ally of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. They preached together to millions who listened to their message."

stopitslime.png

Something don't smell right.

honestly
i always thought he knew something
he may not did it
but he knew something
guilt must be a terrible thing
cause he been speaking on it a lot lately

Malcolm himself said the Nation of Islam made attempts on his life, and it would be them that probably took him out.

I have no proof who killed Malcolm but if I had to bet, I would put money on the Nation.

I believe that there were members of the Nation that were not too fond of Malcolm and the FBI used that as an opportunity to help get rid of what they considered as one of the "problematic negroes" of the time. I believe they helped employed tactics to have him killed without actually dirtying their hands.

Is there a historical meaning to why the black culture is what it is and how does it differ from those who have "closer ties" to native descent?

I'm Nigerian and love being Nigerian, but as I've gotten older, I feel more disconnected from what makes me a Nigerian. As well, I've been embraced around various African-American families and friends to where I feel like I could be one of their as well.

I mainly ask because does anyone think of the stuff that makes us "black" be detrimental to people on the outside looking in or is there an actual reason to why the culture exists? It's probably been a repeated question, but it's my initial post into this thread without lurking.

Is there a historical meaning to why the black culture is what it is and how does it differ from those who have "closer ties" to native descent?

I'm Nigerian and love being Nigerian, but as I've gotten older, I feel more disconnected from what makes me a Nigerian. As well, I've been embraced around various African-American families and friends to where I feel like I could be one of their as well.

I mainly ask because does anyone think of the stuff that makes us "black" be detrimental to people on the outside looking in or is there an actual reason to why the culture exists? It's probably been a repeated question, but it's my initial post into this thread without lurking.

Years of slavery, forceful separation of culture from our home country with a subconscious connection, struggle, perseverance, and genes from our ancestors deeply ingrained in us makes us who we are. Our African ancestors were great in their own right w/ their knowledge, ingenuity, fight, etc. that's something we never lost and we took that and environmental influence, and created our culture.

Get over it. It was soooooo long ago. Smh

Interestingly enough...we've always been told that we were slaves for 400 years when that actually isn't the case. "400 years in bondage" is a biblical narrative. If the first "slave ship" landed at Jamestown in 1619...400 years from then would be 2019.

:nerd:

Interestingly enough...we've always been told that we were slaves for 400 years when that actually isn't the case. "400 years in bondage" is a biblical narrative. If the first "slave ship" landed at Jamestown in 1619...400 years from then would be 2019.

:nerd:
So next year, big things will happen?

I heard about this on The Read podcast.

Not necessarily black culture but y'all can see why I left it here.

Back
Top Bottom