Black Culture Discussion Thread

and they actually using abuse victims pics to pretend they got attacked at the movies

Black Panther: Twitter Bans Trolls Who Claimed White Cinema-Goers Were Being Attacked at Screenings

Trolls tried to spread hatred by falsely claiming black people were attacking whites for going to see the film. They were quickly found out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...assaulted-film-movie-screenings-a8215226.html

Black Panther: Twitter Bans Trolls Who Claimed White Cinema-Goers Were Being Attacked at Screenings
Trolls tried to spread hatred by falsely claiming black people were attacking whites for going to see the film. They were quickly found out.

blackpanther-troll-crop.jpg

One troll's attempt to use the film Black Panther to spread race hatred was found to have used photos from a news report about a nightclub incident in Sweden Twitter/@trapafasa

Racist trolls are making false claims that white people are being attacked at screenings of the Marvel film Black Panther.

The first blockbuster superhero film with a black director and mostly black cast grossed a record-breaking $25.2m at the box office when it opened on Thursday night.

But the occasion was marred by trolls attempting to stir up hatred by using social media by falsely alleging that they had been attacked by black cinema-goers because they were white.

One troll, using a Twitter handle that declared them a Christian “hater of Sodomy”, showed a photo of a bloodied handkerchief and wrote: “Was at the Black Panther premiere but a group of black youths said this wasn’t for me.

“I am white. They then proceeded to assault me. I’m heading to the ER now.”
black-panther-troll3.jpg

This troll used a photo from 2009 (Twitter/@trapafasa)

Another troll claimed: “I went to see Black Panther with my gf [girlfriend] and a black teenager shouted ‘U at the wrong theatre’ and smashed a bottle on her face’.”

blackpanther-troll-full.jpg

Twitter user Joseph Muhatia (@trapafasa) and others quickly did a Google Reverse Image search to establish that the accompanying photograph originated from a news report about a 19-year-old who was hit with a glass bottle by a man who had tried to grope her in a Swedish nightclub.

Another troll used both a fake photo and a fake name. They claimed to be Paul Nehlen, the white nationalist congressional candidate who has in fact been suspended from Twitter because of a tweet about Meghan Markle that led to him being accused of racism.

The troll showed a photo of a bruised woman with the caption: “Ohio woman hospitalised after racially-motivated attack at Black Panther screening”.

The image was actually from a 2013 Serbian publicity campaign against domestic violence, featuring models wearing make-up that made them look as if they had been punched.

As the trolls’ claims were swiftly debunked, Twitter suspended their accounts.

And some Twitter users started mocking the crude attempts at stirring up racial hatred, with images of the fictional character Glenn, from the TV series The Walking Dead, proving particularly popular.

A lot of people also continued to herald the film as a major moment in American cultural history.

https://twitter.com/ShaxeKhumalo/status/964767320097939457?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/black-panther-racism-trolls-fake-news-twitter-race-attacks-whites-assaulted-film-movie-screenings-a8215226.html

Black Panther is out in UK and US cinemas now.

Last edited:
i get where u coming from
but let him live
he did something good for the community and people
and seemingly with no strings attached
let em live

That's good that he gave them some bread and everything but that was a obvious "look at me giving to the black community!!" moment, especially when Drake has never been on some pro black **** or spoken up about anything.

Again, nice gesture but that **** was forced and straight out the marketing playbook. That's why it's attached to his single.

us blacks in Mississippi aint worried about those bat shid crazy white people. Everything is good long as they're not blocking the entrance or acting up inside the movie.

us blacks in Mississippi aint worried about those bat shid crazy white people. Everything is good long as they're not blocking the entrance or acting up inside the movie.

The sadness that comes with this statement. The racism is so bad it's literally normalized. This **** should never be ok but we lived in a ****ed up world |l . Stay safe brethren

People doing the most for black panther... sometimes I have to chill tho and remind myself to just let people enjoy thing.

People doing charity on camera is cringe worthy to me. But Drake seems to be doing a good thing and making a lot of people happy, so I can't argue with that. Also the new music is hot.

Curious of others thoughts on Shannon Sharpe lately on FS1. I think dude is really bright and I appreciate his perspective. The Hen & Milds thing is even funny, can't front.... but where's the line?

thumb-38.jpg

Lot of brothas drink Hen. Lot of us smoke milds too... stocking cap I'll give you that too.

But we don't do it at work, at 9am EST on national television. Dude is 50 years old...

I actually like the show. it's more enjoyable than First Take. But how far is dude willing to go for ratings? and when is it flat out ****'n?
You gotta watch these black liberals with a 3rd eye son.

You gotta watch these black liberals with a 3rd eye son.

You sound angry dude.

We have spent decades complaining about mainstream (white) America not giving two cents about the condition of Black people, and the minute the topic becomes discussed more openly, beyond BET, we gotta start spitting in the faces of those who are marching with us? Giving credit where someone thinks credit is due is now "acting like a negroes trained by white men?"

Will the negro only have agency when he wholeheartedly agrees with the Woke black crowd?

In pictures of the parade commemorating the liberation of Paris by allied troops after WWII, you do not find Black soldiers, even though many of them, African and African-American, lost their lives for countries they were not citizens of. It sounds to me like if it were up to some of you, non-Black people would be edited out of pictures depicting Civil Rights marches, and you wouldn't find the irony in that.

The film was real good in my opinion. You will fall in love with the villain once you find out his motive.

I forgot all about the Justice League movie. I need to go watch that.

I know this isn't the natural hair thread but I been seeing fine sista's like this at/around the movies all weekend (went twice). Like where the heck are they on normal days?

haha no cap, but with all the accessories women have, prolly underneath a mean lacefront...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom