Black Culture Discussion Thread

This is big news and has wide-reaching implications for the people where I'm from. As many of you guys may or may not know, foreigners cannot own land in many African countries. These laws were put in place in order to combat the colonialism that ran rampant throughout the continent for hundreds of years andand tampering from outsiders.

Even though foreigners, especially the Chinese, already have a lot of control with in Liberia, they couldn't own land or property until. As South Africa is trying to take land back for their indigenous people, Liberia looks like they're ready to give it away.

Honestly, I can see both sides. On one hand, I can see a scenario where every desirable lot of the country is owned by foreign organizations within a generation but not allowing foreigners to own land has stifled the Liberian economy. Point blank: we're already one of the poorest countries in the world, we need to try something and allowing foreigners to own land, while potentially, will Infuse the country with billions of dollars from investors.

So, all the rich black folks could head out, buy the land available while the price is low and dip?

I swear man
Africa is so rich in beauty
Why sell it to someone
who doesn’t look like u
U can’t do that in China
they won’t allow u to
So why let them buy ur land
If I had the bread I’d buy some land there
And make it for our people
Build communities for black folks and only black folks
Hell my wife wouldn’t even be welcome
This for my people only

I swear man
Why sell it to someone
who doesn’t look like u
U can’t do that in China
they won’t allow u to
This for my people only
Simply put, and as far as my home country is concerned, there is no respect for the laws or standards.

My country is almost 60 years old, and it's had more constitutions than the USA, and probably as many as France and the UK, countries that are centuries old. If you are in a position to pull the levers of power, you write the laws on the go, as long as they benefit you and the people in your circle.

I personally know people who would have lost their properties if they didn't know people within the halls of power, for the sole reason that some chumps decided that they wanted that particular piece of dirt and they, too, had the relationships or finances to take it over.

The strongest rule in many countries in Africa, and in some cases, you are as strong as your relationship with corporations and weapon dealers is.

I swear man
Why sell it to someone
who doesn’t look like u
U can’t do that in China
they won’t allow u to
This for my people only

Liberians soul and for the same reasons anyone else does. People are willing to pay you a lot of money for it. Foreign investors have a lot more money and they're willing to pay more than native Liberians. allowing foreigners own land is going to infuse the country with billions of dollars but we all know how this ends. European and Chinese investors are going to own the entire country.

I love the ideas you're talking about, Africans helping other Africans, and keeping wealth among the native people but it hasn't happened yet and the new president is looking for ways to generate money and jobs.

#Dominicans

My man works with this girl and he was heated. He sent me this and said, "Where is the other 45%. She left it out on purpose."

#DaCensus

If I had an account I would say something

this is a pretty interesting subject...

however artists are able to build better partnerships with game developers/studios, be it thru coercion, guilt, or just making the business case for it, good for them...tho i find the argument(s), despite that it is kinda exploitative by the studios to be actually selling the dances as character emotes (capitalism is, if nothing else, about arbitrage/exploitation), for paying artist for dance moves or bundling music w/the dances kinda weak and as such would seem more likely to have unintended affects both specifically in the case of use in games & just generally, if broadly argued/applied...

i suppose there is precedent for such type compensation tho, especially given that some things are becoming increasingly monetized/transactional, just not sure this particular instance is workable

That fortnite vid struck a nerve with me, they been jacking black culture but I would have never thought they would get to a level of stealing dances from the hood. this is one of the dances they put in the new season

mind you this dance has is a staple in NJ clubs and has been around for 15+ years
i was also pissed some out of towners was talking bout they created the dance when we were doing this when I was in elementary smh

That fortnite vid struck a nerve with me, they been jacking black culture but I would have never thought they would get to a level of stealing dances from the hood. this is one of the dances they put in the new season

mind you this dance has is a staple in NJ clubs and has been around for 15+ years
i was also pissed some out of towners was talking bout they created the dance when we were doing this when I was in elementary smh

thats not the real running man dance
it irked me
that folks called that the running man
i was a running man pro back in the day
also my chinese typewriter was ON POINT

That's my former high school !!!. :lol: I used to play in that gym too, and it still looks the same (down to the dusty court and the dim lights)

Last edited:
Has it gotten to the point where blacks are too busy trying to find ways to expose each other within the "conscious community"?
The latest victim happens to be "TheAdviseShow". Dude puts out a lot of great content, but people are attacking him for being married to a white woman.

Back
Top Bottom