Black Culture Discussion Thread

Thought it would be worse the way people were acting, but he dead *** said maternal mortality rates to incarceration/criminal justice system, access to healthcare in that clip.

Yeah I'm cool on Corey Booker too. Just talking a lot w/o saying anything.

@ 5mins

We can't play this game again where it's "well he's here for ALL americans".

We've been specifically targeted in america so we need specific things to undo what has been done.

1A317487-B428-4182-AF6A-C873A2B51863.jpeg

618E13E8-7D35-4D0F-AA10-084E462443A1.jpeg

I mean I get it but he was splainin

@ 5mins

We've been specifically targeted in america so we need specific things to undo what has been done.

Black folks only represent 13% of the population, all concentrated in urban areas of the country.

Save for a literal biblical miracle, the 2020 presidential election will go through the electoral college.

What you are asking for (Black politicians to speak only for the 13% and forget about the other 87%) is simply not realistic.

Black folks only represent 13% of the population, all concentrated in urban areas of the country.

Save for a literal biblical miracle, the 2020 presidential election will go through the electoral college.

What you are asking for (Black politicians to speak only for the 13% and forget about the other 87%) is simply not realistic.

Nobody is asking for a political to speak ONLY for us. We're asking for one to speak TO us and offer solutions

If blacks only represent such a small portion, logic would show it's relatively easy to address their needs in comparison to the rest of others.

Bruh, of course we not saying a candidate ONLY run for a black agenda. Obama didn't only run for gay rights but did stuff specifically for them.

Native Americans have been given things specifically to them. Cops can't even police on certain native american reservations.

Us being only 13% of the population ain't a good excuse. Cuz it didn't stop them from targeting that percentage for mass incarceration and a long list of other things.

If blacks only represent such a small portion, logic would show it's relatively easy to address their needs in comparison to the rest of others.

Or, they could be easy to ignore.

Nobody is asking for a political to speak ONLY for us. We're asking for one to speak TO us and offer solutions

"No agenda, no vote" is literally in the post above. No weighing of the pros and cons of Booker's approach. We all know the reason the New Deal and post-WWII failed Black folks is because access to those benefits was forbidden by federal and state laws. When a Black candidate shows up and say that they want such policies to be reinstated, is it that far-fetched to believe that black folks will benefit from those policies?

I gotta say, I don't get y'all. Anything left of Stephen Miller in the president's ear is cool in my book because when they are done caging those Latino kids, they'll come after American minorities and the lower economic classes.

Maybe the apathy is driven by the belief that this time it will be different, or that they won't go as far as they used to? I don't know, and I don't even want to talk about it anymore. You can only say the same thing so many times.

Or, they could be easy to ignore.

"No agenda, no vote"
is literally in the post above. No weighing of the pros and cons of Booker's approach. We all know the reason the New Deal and post-WWII failed Black folks is because access to those benefits was forbidden by federal and state laws. When a Black candidate shows up and say that they want such policies to be reinstated, is it that far-fetched to believe that black folks will benefit from those policies?

I gotta say, I don't get y'all. Anything left of Stephen Miller in the president's ear is cool in my book because when they are done caging those Latino kids, they'll come after American minorities and the lower economic classes.

Maybe the apathy is driven by the belief that this time it will be different, or that they won't go as far as they used to? I don't know, and I don't even want to talk about it anymore. You can only say the same thing so many times.

I didn't mention anything in regards to who I'm voting for. I simply said he was splainin. Which he was because he was doing his best to answer by not answering. I also said I get it .

It's nothing for you to get because you're tryna argue something I never mentioned. We have more sense to not expect a candidate to run on a black only agenda. And I never said the candidate had to be black. I will vote for whoever has the best solutions and policies.

Also we want direct solutions like other demographics get. Plain and simple. Umbrella policies are fine. I have no issues with it . But that's an agenda to market to the country as a whole. We still require specific solutions just like Hispanics, gay people, etc.

In regards to Booker, he did his best splainin but basically told is that a black agenda is not on his mind. Yes all of our problems are Americas problems. That doesn't clear him of not having any suggestions directly for us.

Last edited:

@ 5mins

i get what ur saying
but he has to be able to appeal to everyone not just us black folks in order to be elected
we cant harp on that
his record speaks for itself
dude does care bout his people
but remember he gotta get that nomination first
and appeal to everyone in america
not just black folks
why we so quick to right off a person who looks like us
but give the white man all the chances in the world
or benefit of the doubt
just reading the youtube comments
black folks can be so damn ignorant

i get what ur saying
but he has to be able to appeal to everyone not just us black folks in order to be elected
we cant harp on that
his record speaks for itself
dude does care bout his people
but remember he gotta get that nomination first
and appeal to everyone in america
not just black folks
why we so quick to right off a person who looks like us
but give the white man all the chances in the world
or benefit of the doubt
just reading the youtube comments
black folks can be so damn ignorant
Nah. Like I said I'm not voting for somebody using that Obama game.

"He's Americas president, not black people"

Well the reality is Obama was everybody's president except black folks.

It's like _'s are scared to offend other groups so we fall for this "we're all americans" nonsense. No, these other groups don't include us when they ask for specific things. Lations, LGBT, asians, arabs. All look out for themselves. These other groups have not been targeted throughout history like us, we have a unique situation.

LGBT is less than 10% of the population, but politicians speak DIRECTLY to them all the time. Speaking directly to a specifc group doesn't mean you're pushing aside or ignoring others.

LGBT is less than 10% of the population, but politicians speak DIRECTLY to them all the time. Speaking directly to a specifc group doesn't mean you're pushing aside or ignoring others.

Exactly. It seems like black politicians are afraid hecause they will be labeled as doing that. Not even saying it's a deal breaker on me voting for him. I still may or may not. It's just a letdown when a black man who is cognizant of our situation dances around the question like that.

It's like _'s are scared to offend other groups so we fall for this "we're all americans" nonsense. No, these other groups don't include us when they ask for specific things. Lations, LGBT, asians, arabs. All look out for themselves. These other groups have not been targeted throughout history like us, we have a unique situation.
we are the minority
man
to get elected u have to appeal to the majority
he is about us
it aint his fault if he start talking about doing things for black folks
everyone else who aint black
aint gonna be for uplift the ones who are
even folks we think be on our side
aint gonna be for that
the folks who aint for us
outnumber the ones that are
just think it wont be just white folks
Hispanics and asians aint gonna want us on equal footing
so he gotta preach that "all of us" stuff
i think once he get in
he gonna slide us in through the back door

Unfortunately that's what it means with today's optics. Even tho it's exactly what happens to black folks issues in a form of silent consensus.

Why bother trying to explain it.

Some dudes will never look into how his policies would help black folk because he didn't explicitly say "this for black folk y'all"

I kinda wish Obama or Booker would debate a Tariq type. When we can see how ignorant people like him are on policy

Obama's banking regulations save poor black folk probably millions. If we got a full Medicaid expansion it would have been one of the biggest civil rights victories since the the Voting Rights Act. Ask a Tariq type why we didn't get it, or why the Voting Rights Act is also under attack, he would have no clue. But let us listen to these people and base our votes on soundbits not policy. Yep, great idea.

Like Booker has baby bonds, the most progressive stance on criminal justice reform than most people in government, believes in universal healthcare, fair housing, and his most recent high profile bill he pushed was an infrastructure bill for black people in the rural south to get basic plumbing. Famb was a legit activist back in the day. Dude is far from perfect but if someone really thinks someone like Booker is not out to help black people, they are not paying attention.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom