Black Culture Discussion Thread

Just saw this dude dancing like a monkey on this Ellen show in a studio full of predominantly white women :smh:

Attachments

• 20190312_150607~2.jpg
    20190312_150607~2.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 17
Jumia Technologies Files For U.S. IPO
Jumia-logo.png

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4248788-jumia-technologies-files-u-s-ipo

Jumia Technologies aims to sell ADSs representing underlying ordinary shares in a U.S. IPO.

The firm operates an online marketplace and logistics service in several countries in Africa.

JMIA has grown quickly but is burning through an equally high amount of cash in its quest to become the Amazon of Africa.

Quick Take
Jumia Technologies (JMIA) has filed to raise $100 million in an IPO of ADSs, according to an F-1 registration statement.

The firm has developed a pan-African e-commerce marketplace.

JMIA has grown quickly but is burning through cash and generating losses at an equally high rate.

When management provides more details about IPO pricing and valuation, I'll write an update.

Company & Technology
Berlin, Germany-based Jumia was founded in 2012 to create an online marketplace for African consumers to buy and sell goods.

Management is headed by Co-CEOs Jeremy Hodara and Sacha Poignonnec, who both co-founded the firm originally known as Africa Internet Group.

Investors include AXA Africa, Millicom International Cellular, Mobile Telephone Networks Holdings, Pernod Ricard Deutschland, and Rocket Internet.

Bladensburg Councilman Alleges Five Men Tried To Set Him On Fire Following Mayoral Election
Bladensburg police are looking into a claim by a town council member that a group of men tried to set him on fire while he and a friend were collecting up campaign signs after an unsuccessful mayoral race.

Selwyn%20D.%20_OP_Donnie_CP_%20Bridgeman_1507327027988_11324039_ver1.0.PNG

https://pgs.thesentinel.com/2017/10...-to-set-him-afire-following-mayoral-election/

Bladensburg Councilman Selwyn "Donnie" Bridgeman filed a police report claiming a group of men tried to set him on fire Wednesday evening as he was picking up campaign signs in a residential neighborhood following a loss in Tuesday's mayoral election.

"’That's him, that's the guy,’" Bridgeman said the men yelled as they jumped out of a dark pick-up truck and doused him with liquids. "They threw something like a Zippo lighter or a match. The fire started on my left pants leg."

Bridgeman alleged that the truck had a Mexican flag embedded in the rear window and believes the alleged attackers were angry because he, Bridgeman, cost voters a "Mexican mayor."

Bladensburg Police Chief Tracy Stone said the incident is under investigation.

Bridgeman said the alleged attack occurred between 9:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. in the 4900 block of Quincy Road. The same evening he filed a restraining order against Chris "Alicia" Melendez, an opponent in the mayoral race.

However, it was Bridgeman that police wanted to talk to when they knocked on his door at 6:00 a.m. the following morning.

On Thursday, Bladensburg Police served Bridgeman a restraining order that was requested by Melendez.

According to Bridgeman, Melendez felt threatened by statements that were posted on social media which appeared to come from Bridgeman’s Facebook account. Bridgeman would not disclose the content of the Facebook posts, but a person familiar with them said they included Melendez's personal contact information.

"If that's the case, then I'll accept that," Bridgeman said. However, he denies making the posts himself and believes that one of his supporters created them.

"She [Melendez] was a spoiler candidate," Bridgeman said. "We've had one mayor for 15 years. I am the opposition force. Someone from my own camp runs against me. My campaign is full of angry people."

Bridgeman's request for a restraining order, also called a Peace Order, was rejected.

According to an online Maryland case law database, the decision on the peace order request read: "No reasonable grounds to believe that respondent is responsible for the abuse that occurred."

*This is a small town in Prince Georges County, md. Its still majority Black according to the 2010 census (65 percent Black) and is around 25 percent Hispanics. The race was against these two and 4 term incumbent Mayor a young Black American, these two split their votes and the young Black guy was able to win the seat again. So the Hispanics blame this city council member for their Hispanic candidate loosing. I think they wanted that Hispanic in office so she could push for illegal voting rights just like another PG County town just did. These immigrant's are violent and come from violent and different cultures. Black American's don't run around setting people on fire because their candidate lost, we need to wake up as a community their is NO POC solidarity and these foreigners are NOT to be trusted. Blacks Prince Georges County better WAKE UP.

Indian Chick Makes Millions Off YouTube Appropriating Black Culture

I've known about her channel since she had less than 100k subs and now she has 10 million. She's making millions of dollars on YouTube appropriating Black culture. I bet she has no black friends and I bet here parents are racist af, hate and fear black people. I live around so much Indians I know.

A lot of her videos have to do with Indian culture, growing up Indian in the states etc but the way she talks, dresses (fitted/snap back on backwards), using slang, body movements etc all encompassing of black culture.

Am I wrong and seeing something that's not there?

Made some real cogent points about the hood and gentrification. Didn't really care much about the gang **** though.

Everybody has 500$ plus phones now, they can do the same ****. Keep saying people struggling keep thinking the dangerous route is the only way when they can study this youtube **** and never need to leave the crib. It's really a basic *** science. Folks already well off dominate this **** with millions of views on mundane **** that kids just watch back to back. Why not you?

Made some real cogent points about the hood and gentrification. Didn't really care much about the gang **** though.

Yea i quit listening after he started the crab talk, but I get it..there was alot of bloodshed and broken hearts from the rivalry and some people just can’t forgive.
He’s being divisive yet the OGs trying to keep the peace...he was outta line speaking on that as a YG but like he said his hood is gone...along with any structure it had.
Sad but it was bound to happen in LA..we self destruct meanwhile the powers that be move back in and reclaim the ghetto and pave new gentrifide concrete over it and raise the rent.
Alot of us were hoping the 1992 Peace Treaty was the end of bloodshed but it was just a tiny bandaid over a big deep wound.

Is this really a thing?

Stayed at my friend's (white family) house in 4th or 5th grade, when it was time to take a shower I asked him where the washcloths were at and he had no idea what I was talking about.

He asked his mom and they had none. She gave me a hand towel. :lol:

As a black man, I have abandoned the wash cloth. I do think the washcloth does a more successful job of removing dirt since the cloth is "rough" in comparison to a bar of soap. But whatevs.

There are many threads on this very subject in the annals of NT.

Soap is slippery, how can you even scrub without a washcloth or something similar?

Cliffs:
- She claims black women see gays looking like them as validation but see white women looking like them as a threat
- Brings up dress wearing dude at the oscars as evidence
- Says top tier black men avoid women who cheer this on
- Claims black women promote homosexuality in family and media
- Gets confused as to why black women promote homosexuality when creates more competition

Maaaaan **** all that recording
Knock her *** out

Once that spit was hawked, that should’ve been the “oh hell no this bish, done got me f’ed” and caught the hands. But the rationale side would’ve just called the police so the kids can be embrasssed as thier mom get put in a squad car for assault.

Once that spit was hawked, that should’ve been the “oh hell no this bish, done got me f’ed” and caught the hands. But the rationale side would’ve just called the police so the kids can be embrasssed as thier mom get put in a squad car for assault.
See that’s the thing
She wouldn’t have been arrested at all
They woulda came
And nothing woulda happened
More than likely u woulda got arrested than her
And u woulda called em
Nah **** that if I’m getting arrested
I’m a make it worth it
More videos of white folks doing minorities dirty
Than the other way around
We need to start fighting back
Only thing they understand

I am telling you, they are starting to get comfortable...:lol: The next clip should have been her scrambling to get up off the floor!
facts
we have no one to blame but ourselves
instead of all that tryna turn the other cheek and recording ****
we need to start putting foot to ***
only thing folks understand
bet u
if the lady woulda did that instead of recording
the next thing woulda been the white lady crying
talking about why are u doing this
:lol: they kill me with that punk ****

She grew up in and completed school in Toronto and came here to do YouTube. She didn’t grow up in the states. Announced she has an NBC late night show now earlier this week. This will be interesting

Back
Top Bottom