instead of all that tryna turn the other cheek and recording ****
we need to start putting foot to ***
only thing folks understand
bet u
if the lady woulda did that instead of recording
the next thing woulda been the white lady crying
talking about why are u doing this
:lol: they kill me with that punk ****
How that's gonna help your family when you locked up about to go under the prison simply for defending your pride?

**** like this makes me scared, in all honesty. Cuz I got a wife and 2 kids at home. And I'm too short tempered to walk away from situations like this. As soon as that lady spit on me, someone is probably getting folded. And that don't help me. It don't help my family. Only thing I could hang my hat on is when my kids come to see me in prison, I instill in them to never let anyone disrespect you. I feel like I would be much more useful out of prison, being an actual father in their lives day to day.

Thinking that you are going to prison when they attack you, is exactly what they want you to think. They try and make you feel as if you have no recourse. She is the aggressor. You've taped her calling you the NWord, you've taped her spitting on you. You have witnesses to her behavior in the store. Staying cool, calm and collected before you knock someone out is key. That is self defense.

Thinking that you are going to prison when they attack you, is exactly what they want you to think. They try and make you feel as if you have no recourse. She is the aggressor. You've taped her calling you the NWord, you've taped her spitting on you. You have witnesses to her behavior in the store. Staying cool, calm and collected before you knock someone out is key. That is self defense.
all of this

Thinking that you are going to prison when they attack you, is exactly what they want you to think. She is the aggressor. You've taped her calling you the NWord, you've taped her spitting on you. You have witnesses to her behavior in the store. Staying cool, calm and collected before you knock someone out is key. That is self defense.
Right...because justice is always fair on our behalf, isn't it?

Right...because justice is always fair on our behalf, isn't it?
The key is having good representation. Knowing the law, and then how it works. I know that it differs from state to state, but knowing is key. Before putting your hands on someone, make certain that you know that law. The system they have created does lie in their favor, however, knowing the loopholes will keep you on your feet.

facts
we have no one to blame but ourselves
bet u

shoutout to these sistahs

Tryna be "the bigger man" and "take the high road" ain't stopping racism. A bully only respects a *** whooping.

The key is having good representation. Knowing the law, and then how it works. I know that it differs from state to state, but knowing is key. Before putting your hands on someone, make certain that you know that law. The system they have created does lie in their favor, however, knowing the loopholes will keep you on your feet.
Granted you chose where you are going to live as an adult for the most part, so you do have chances to look into laws like self defense. But if you are ignorant to these laws and are in this situation what exactly is the best thing to do?
shoutout to these sistahs

Tryna be "the bigger man" and "take the high road" ain't stopping racism. A bully only respects a *** whooping.

And them broads will have charges brought against them. You can't react like that, bruh.

Granted you chose where you are going to live as an adult for the most part, so you do have chances to look into laws like self defense. But if you are ignorant to these laws and are in this situation what exactly is the best thing to do?

And them broads will have charges brought against them. You can't react like that, bruh.
Speak to law enforcement, a lawyer or public advocate. After you do so, ask for references so that you can read the laws for yourself.

Speak to law enforcement, a lawyer or public advocate. After you do so, ask for references so that you can read the laws for yourself.
Thats great prep work and some thing I will look into for sure. But the question was what if you are in the situation? I don't think you're going to ask angry white lady to hold that energy while you consult your local law enforcement.

Thats great pre prep work and some thing I will look into for sure. But the question was what if you are in the situation? I don't think you're going to ask angry white lady to hold that energy while you consult your local law enforcement.
I know the laws in NYC, and a soon as she spat, I could defend myself. She could have had a disease or something, and that is considered assault.

Wasn't no charges against them.

In this new situation we talking about where the white lady spit at them I woulda called her a cave b and kept it moving but if a sistah decided take off on her she's more than justified.

Thats great prep work and some thing I will look into for sure. But the question was what if you are in the situation? I don't think you're going to ask angry white lady to hold that energy while you consult your local law enforcement.
thats why i got a sister a wife and a mom
they woulda handled that

folks come up with any excuse
to not touch white folks
but got no issues putting hands on their own :smh:
I know you did not address me directly, but given how I'm the only one in this current convo discussing when I would lay hands on who, I would ask you don't make the assumption of who I would put my hands on. You don't know anything about me. Save the disappointment for when it's needed.

Wasn't no charges against them.

In this new situation we talking about where the white lady spit at them I woulda called her a cave b and kept it moving but if a sistah decided take off on her she's more than justified.
No charges against them? Was that because the lady who got the beat down didn't attempt to press charges? Is the info in the YouTube video?

I know you did not address me directly, but given how I'm the only one in this current convo discussing when I would lay hands on who, I would ask you don't make the assumption of who I would put my hands on. You don't know anything about me. Save the disappointment for when it's needed.
i dont use the black cultural discussion thread to engage in any kind of beef
this aint the thread for it
i love my people
when i said what i said
i was speaking generally
not aimed at u
now i say that
to say this
if the shoe fits them ****s urs

The best thing that anyone can do for themselves in this climate, is to talk to a good lawyer. Find out the recourse you can take in self defense. Know the laws in your state. This is your being armed. White supremacists think that Black people are too stupid to know the law, how to protect ourselves. Once you know the law, you are in control of the situation. You then can act with confidence, speaking with clarity on the situation.

And I get what maq25060 maq25060 is saying. As black people it feels like we have no rights. The court system was built and still is against us but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

facts
we have no one to blame but ourselves
bet u

This sounds good in theory but in practice, it don't work out that way. You think cops rollin' up to the scene with a white woman on the floor bleeding from a beat down is going to remain calm and review video evidence before they either bodyslam you into the floor and put you in cuffs or to the extreme put a bullet in you?

Of course there are cases that support both sides but stories like the security guard who took down a gunman being killed while doing his job is enough proof to me that trying to be the most aggressive is something that does not justify the means. We don't have the privilege of being overly aggressive and also seen as the victim by police, we all know this.

Best option is to record as much as you can, call the cops, file all necessary reports, and post to social media and consider any potential personal lawsuits possible.

I'm sure you've heard the phrase, "You can beat the charge but you can't beat the ride". In other words, what you may do may be legal but you going to jail or immediate "justice" is unavoidable. In some states and situations you can legally fight back against a police officer for wrongful arrest even to the point that you kill that police officer, but what are the realistic odds of police officers arriving on a scene and seeing an officer either injured or dead and them not opening up fire?

There's a difference in being afraid/not willing to fight back and picking and choosing your battles. What y'all are saying sounds more like a fight for ego and perception of being weak instead of making a clear and educated decision.

This sounds good in theory but in practice, it don't work out that way. You think cops rollin' up to the scene with a white woman on the floor bleeding from a beat down is going to remain calm and review video evidence before they either bodyslam you into the floor and put you in cuffs or to the extreme put a bullet in you?

Of course there are cases that support both sides but stories like the security guard who took down a gunman being killed while doing his job is enough proof to me that trying to be the most aggressive is something that does not justify the means. We don't have the privilege of being overly aggressive and also seen as the victim by police, we all know this.

Best option is to record as much as you can, call the cops, file all necessary reports, and post to social media and consider any potential personal lawsuits possible.

I'm sure you've heard the phrase, "You can beat the charge but you can't beat the ride". In other words, what you may do may be legal but you going to jail or immediate "justice" is unavoidable. In some states and situations you can legally fight back against a police officer for wrongful arrest even to the point that you kill that police officer, but what are the realistic odds of police officers arriving on a scene and seeing an officer either injured or dead and them not opening up fire?

There's a difference in being afraid/not willing to fight back and picking and choosing your battles. What y'all are saying sounds more like a fight for ego and perception of being weak instead of making a clear and educated decision.
I didn't mention fighting a police officer. I was speaking to fighting civilians. That has nothing to do with ego, it has everything to do with self preservation. She spits, you do not know if she has a disease, then she has assaulted you. You have witnesses, proof. You have a right to defend yourself AND holding her until law enforcement arrives. Laws vary from state to state, and this is the law in NYC. Fighting the cops requires a different approach.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom