Black Culture Discussion Thread

I’ll say this, I don’t see no Chinese people reaching out to no black person right now. I just think right now isn’t the time to try to look for attention and try to be ignorant. When this pandemic dies down then we can start once again having discussions about Asians and their lack of care for our plight. Right now to me isn’t the time

When the Hong Kong thing happened and LeBron did not respond in the way that others wanted him to? It was indeed that Black savior thing going on, and LeBron was chastised by those others for not being their martyr. I for one stated FUG everyone else, and that LeBron is right in only thinking about his business, while being Black. The pressure that is placed upon Black people to be that magical negro that sacrifices him or herself for those who are not Black? Is unfair for Black people, who have our own existence to define. Black reporters need not try and tell Trump that calling the virus chinese is actually racist. There should be an asian in the press corp who can ask, then state their own case. Any time is THE right time , fug what ya’ heard.

Is a global pandemic the time to be discussing blacks vs Asians?

I don’t care about Asians in general, but the timing of this to me is just off. When Godfrey said “Asain’s are looking for blacks for help with racism”, I was like “are they looking for help or he just trying to stir the pot”

when this Coronavirus dies down then we can have discussions about this in full detail. I’m just trying to make it out alive right now without getting into finger pointing at others.

When the Hong Kong thing happened and LeBron did not respond in the way that others wanted him to? It was indeed that Black savior thing going on, and LeBron was chastised by those others for not being their martyr. I for one stated FUG everyone else, and that LeBron is right in only thinking about his business, while being Black. The pressure that is placed upon Black people to be that magical negro that sacrifices him or herself for those who are not Black? Is unfair for Black people, who have our own existence to define. Black reporters need not try and tell Trump that calling the virus chinese is actually racist. There should be an asian in the press corp who can ask, then state their own case. Any time is THE right time , fug what ya’ heard.

I'm like this, I'm cool with individuals of other races if they cool with me. As a group I treat them how they treat us. Fact is MOST asians have a transactional relationship with blacks. They want the bread from our communities, that's it and then they'll disrespect and profile you while you supporting their business. Yeah it was some asians here and there in the civil rights movement but that wasn't the majority. It was some white folks in it too and we know for sure that was a real small minority.

We can't keep taking bullets for other groups when they sit on their hands when it's time to return the favor. Every "minority" group always looks to black folks to be their shields when they experience some bad treatment and that game is old and played out.

Is a global pandemic the time to be discussing blacks vs Asians?

We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I do not need anyone to tell me when it is a proper time to be and to think Black. The time is now and forever. Fug a virus. If we were together right now, this would be the perfect time to step up, then taking what we want, right when these demons are vulnerable.

I do not need anyone to tell me when it is a proper time to be and to think Black. The time is now and forever. Fug a virus. If we were together right now, this would be the perfect time to step up, then taking what we want, right when these demons are vulnerable.

What people fail to understand is you don’t have to be white to help aid and uphold white supremacy...
These people have been showing their true colors for a very long time now...

100% agree with this.

I'm hearing bad things about the Madam CJ Walker series on Netflix & it was backed by the same person who did Harriet. :smh: :smh:

I'm hearing bad things about the Madam CJ Walker series on Netflix & it was backed by the same person who did Harriet. :smh: :smh:

Got damn, they always gotta **** up our history. I had that saved in my netflix list. I see Tariq did a show comparing it to Color Purple. I ain't even gon waste my time.

Just listened to the breakdown.

They made her "rival" a mixed lady that was on that lightskin "Im better than ya'll" tip. That was false. The real Addie Munroe wasn't mixed.

Tiffany Haddish was the gay daughter. False, her daughter was married to 3 men.

They portrayed Booker T has some black women hater but in real life he funded Madam CJ Walker.

And because they used "inspired by" but not "based on" it gave them room for the BS and lies. I really wanted to watch this, I been waiting for her story to told but I'm not sitting through some black men vs black women divide/LGBT made up story.

This shirt is fire!

3E94A9ED-594D-4E20-8781-00F1E8BEB479.png

My homegirl said it’s a huge problem in the natural hair community that the ones who are celebrated the most are the ones with the big curly longer hair and it’s leaving out the ones who are coarser and naturally shorter. Likes it’s another layer of discrimination in it. I love me some natural hair black women, but it can be problematic when we only love the ones whose hair comes off “more mixed”

Last edited:
My homegirl said it’s a huge problem in the natural hair community that the ones who are celebrated the most are the ones with the big curly longer hair and it’s leaving out the ones who are coarser and naturally shorter. Likes it’s another layer of discrimination in it. I love me some natural hair black women, but it can be problematic when we only love the ones whose hair comes off “more mixed”

It's takes a lot of tlc to get your hair big and glorious like that. A lot of so called natural girls be wearing wigs man trust.

Natural hair care almost like a tattoo commitment

Back
Top Bottom