Black Culture Discussion Thread

truth.PNG

Thoughts on Interracial Adoption? (Also referred to as Transracial Adoption)

I'm from a small rural area and this family in my area adopted two black children. (The family is very country, raise cattle and farm for a living.) I (myself interracially adopted (Korean) ) have had talks with my parents that these children will have experiences that their parents can't relate to. They might have identity issues. My parents disagreed with me.
ezgif-6-c5ae8fe3bcc7.jpg

I'm from a small rural area and this family in my area adopted two black children. (The family is very country, raise cattle and farm for a living.) I (myself interracially adopted (Korean) ) have had talks with my parents that these children will have experiences that their parents can't relate to. They might have identity issues. My parents disagreed with me.
ezgif-6-c5ae8fe3bcc7.jpg
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican marikomorose marikomorose KHUFU KHUFU thoughts?

"I (myself interracially adopted (Korean) ) have had talks with my parents that these children will have experiences that their parents can't relate to."

I've personally witnessed this firsthand.

Not for nothing... I find it weird how white ppl go out of there to find places in African/Asian regions to adopt children, but since they do its their responsibility to make sure said is connected w/ their culture & not to impose that bs "I don't see race/colour" dream.

My old friend who I mentioned to u earlier lived & died very confused. He turned She was a Black Latino that grew up in Vermont in a white family. By the time I met him he was very in tune w/ his blackness, but his family didn't seem to care or really didn't try to understand his gripes as black man & this more than likely escalated when she came out as trans-woman causing an even more isolated feeling w/n her. Sadly prior to committing suicide this isolation was expressed.

That family needs to be there for their children, and that family needs to take the proper steps towards embracing their children's blackness, connect those children to their roots, & strip themselves of the arrogance their privilege causes them. You gotta want and be prepared to learn/teach from your kids b4 u have em.

"I (myself interracially adopted (Korean) ) have had talks with my parents that these children will have experiences that their parents can't relate to."

I've personally witnessed this firsthand.

Not for nothing... I find it weird how white ppl go out of there to find places in African/Asian regions to adopt children, but since they do its their responsibility to make sure said is connected w/ their culture & not to impose that bs "I don't see race/colour" dream.

My old friend who I mentioned to u earlier lived & died very confused. He turned She was a Black Latino that grew up in Vermont in a white family. By the time I met him he was very in tune w/ his blackness, but his family didn't seem to care or really didn't try to understand his gripes as black man & this more than likely escalated when she came out as trans-woman causing an even more isolated feeling w/n her. Sadly prior to committing suicide this isolation was expressed.

That family needs to be there for their children, and that family needs to take the proper steps towards embracing their children's blackness, connect those children to their roots, & strip themselves of the arrogance their privilege causes them. You gotta want and be prepared to learn/teach from your kids b4 u have em.

Well said marikomorose marikomorose
Sorry to hear that about your friend. My condolences.

Tweet from Shelby Ivey Christie (@bronze_bombSHEL)
Shelby Ivey Christie (@bronze_bombSHEL) Tweeted:
Thread. Im reading about post-Civil War Black life. Listen, white women were SEETHING about Black freewomen dressing themselves well LOL

White mistresses were so upset they wrote in their diaries about how bothered they were former slaves were stuntin on their asses💅🏽 https://t.co/O34TK95Cox

ezgif-6-c5ae8fe3bcc7.jpg

Im not with it (interracial adoption) ..to each their own , the vibes always came off odd to me though ( the white dude brad pitt & the chick he was married to was on that tip..adopting black babies) vibes always came off funnystyle to me

Black people have NO friends. It’s always been like that
Nah thats a fact

Always find it funny when u have that 1 black dude who made a few dollas,moved to a certain neighborhood thats upscale & all of a sudden think they can rub elbows with others (whites,asians) & be accepted with them

Back
Top Bottom