Black Culture Discussion Thread

#Smh all around

Fox 45 content is basically Fox News …They are ran by the Sinclair group and the only mission is to keep the city a mess and in a state of confusion …Take anything you see from them with a grain of salt and assume it’s all bad intentions behind it

They already successfully convinced folks to vote for short mayor term limits, ensuring that anybody that’s actually good in that position won’t have time to implement or turn anything around :smh:

Understand that. Really just another layer. Same person

Same person too. This is closer to the guy in the video at 17, you saw.

We all got layers. Must watch doc

Seems like the same dude to me. If you don't think he sounded different at 17 that's cool. I'm guessing you were aware since you've followed Pac more closely than I have. The video was new to me and surprising as it was my first time seeing that layer. Im still a Pac fan.

Fox 45 content is basically Fox News …They are ran by the Sinclair group and the only mission is to keep the city a mess and in a state of confusion …Take anything you see from them with a grain of salt and assume it’s all bad intentions behind it

They already successfully convinced folks to vote for short mayor term limits, ensuring that anybody that’s actually good in that position won’t have time to implement or turn anything around :smh:
I noticed the bias, as I subscribe to various md news outlets. For sure.

We are in an era where if we criticize anything that hinders the community it's met with harsher pushback than the actual danger itself.

I've seen some discourse online about Prom Season, and elder people saying that parents who can't afford it probably shouldn't be spending that much money on one event for teens... the response was that's anti-black & "pocket watching"

Black Dentist/doctors office ask that their patients don't come to the office in Bonnets & Pajamas.... they went as far as leaving dozens of bad reviews & making up stories about the service there

For months i've heard how impactful Haile Bailey playing the lil mermaid was, and how much "visibility" impacts the young black girls. The same woman is on Her Tik tok in a gown stepping around while a song called "poundtown" is playing in the back.... when people take offense to it (the lyrics some regular horny degenerate strip club ****).... it's she's a grown woman & is expressing her "freedom" & sexuality

absolutely zero accountability or focus to improve on as a whole.

**** anyone who says to have the same distrust in these liberals as they do with the right wing..... yet here we are

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tter-headed-INSOLVENCY-plunging-8-5M-red.html

Last edited:
I see the logic. Sound like some predicament esp with summer around the corner. The curfews will help, but not longterm.

We are in an era where if we criticize anything that hinders the community it's met with harsher pushback than the actual danger itself.

I've seen some discourse online about Prom Season, and elder people saying that parents who can't afford it probably shouldn't be spending that much money on one event for teens... the response was that's anti-black & "pocket watching"

Black Dentist/doctors office ask that their patients don't come to the office in Bonnets & Pajamas.... they went as far as leaving dozens of bad reviews & making up stories about the service there

For months i've heard how impactful Haile Bailey playing the lil mermaid was, and how much "visibility" impacts the young black girls. The same woman is on Her Tik tok in a gown stepping around while a song called "poundtown" is playing in the back.... when people take offense to it (the lyrics some regular horny degenerate strip club ****).... it's she's a grown woman & is expressing her "freedom" & sexuality

I feel you on the 1st two, but the halle one kinda touchy, imo. The little kids being inspired by her probably shouldn't have access to tik tok/social media...imo at least.

My wife got one homegirl whose daughter went on prom this year. 4 figures on dress, hair and makeup EACH. Rented maybach...etc etc...while living on section 8 and getting link. My wife telling me all this and I'm just looking at her like The 25 Most Confused GIFs on the Internet … No, Hold On, Maybe Not … Wait, What’s the Question_.gif

I feel you on the 1st two, but the halle one kinda touchy, imo. The little kids being inspired by her probably shouldn't have access to tik tok/social media...imo at least.

My wife got one homegirl whose daughter went on prom this year. 4 figures on dress, hair and makeup EACH. Rented maybach...etc etc...while living on section 8 and getting link. My wife telling me all this and I'm just looking at her like The 25 Most Confused GIFs on the Internet … No, Hold On, Maybe Not … Wait, What’s the Question_.gif

But you point out the absurdity of the idea & your a hater & anti black because you don't think it's a good idea to keep conforming to ******** because it's "tradition".

In regards to the Haile ****, whether or not the kids "should" have access isn't really a thing.... the overwhelming fact is that most do, and something says watching the Disney princess they admired as a little girl dancing around to & i quote

"I'm out of town, thuggin' with my rounds
My coochie pink, my booty-hole brown
Where the ******? Come lookin' for the ****
Quit playin', *****, come suck a ***** toe"

Isn't going to end well

And that's great if you have it to give, but Statistics say that for most Americans (Not just black people) the average person doesn't have a few thousand dollars to throw away on one night. A Dior Bag & a ride in A Bentley ain't something any kid NEEDS
Maybe a little less ostentatious than that.
But i didn't go to prom, n looking back, I wouldn't have that for my seed. Goes far in so many ways for a kid.

As a parent, I'd strive to give my kid what I never had. I kinda get it.
Oh yeah, I'm trying to give my kids what I couldn't have as well.

And I ain't gone act like I don't stretch myself thin to make it happen sometimes. But I think you gotta find a line where it's too much...imo at least.

I dunno, maybe I'm a hypocrite. But at least I pay my own bills.

Y’all must not realize that we are in the “ball until you fall” “stunt at all costs” era.

It is what it is. You either evolve, try and understand, move on, or get caught up stressing yourself out. Wasting time trying to theorize or put it into perspective.

This is the new normal. Nothing of the like should be shocking.

These kids are growing up with the “Oh you’re hating? You’re mad? Well, I will continue to put it in your face” ideology. Again, don’t let that stuff consume you.

If you’re a consistent participant in social media, this is what you will have to deal with for the rest of your lives.

Y’all must not realize that we are in the “ball until you fall” “stunt at all costs” era.

It is what it is. You either evolve, try and understand, move on, or get caught up stressing yourself out. Wasting time trying to theorize or put it into perspective.

This is the new normal. Nothing of the like should be shocking.

That's the thing man, this Ain't a new Era thing it's been going on, now it's just gotten even worse. It's just like damn now it's not even acceptable to call out the ******* even tho we've seen the results play over & over again.

there's no boundaries or rules to **** anymore it seems.

**** anyone who says to have the same distrust in these liberals as they do with the right wing..... yet here we are

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tter-headed-INSOLVENCY-plunging-8-5M-red.html
Everyone wants to talk about politics….we’re our own worst enemy.

Everyone wants to talk about politics….we’re our own worst enemy.

Politics & regulation are a very very big reason we're at this point, but the thing is there is absolutely zero precedent other than blind hope that politicians will do anything to truly uplift the black community. So in that i agree with you, we have no other choice but to build our own & regulate our own but looking at the landscape it's damn near impossible at this point. You can't even ask ****** for common decency w/o being attacked for it :lol:

Another Agency being funded by the BLM types that again, specifically leaves heterosexual black males out of it's mission statement, but we supposed to trust these people :lol:

That's the thing man, this Ain't a new Era thing it's been going on, now it's just gotten even worse. It's just like damn now it's not even acceptable to call out the ****ery even tho we've seen the results play over & over again.

there's no boundaries or rules to **** anymore it seems.
The amount of people copping pleas for Ja is an example of this. "It ain't like he shot anybody"

Good conversation about mutual relationships and power imbalances with non-black businesses in our communities. I think a lot of key components of this talk can be abridged to churches as well, but that's another story.

The part about Anti-Asian and Anti-black hate is critical as well.

Not to be forgotten, the trope about "jobs that only immigrants want" is a huge cover for white-supremacy that largely goes unchallenged.

The conversations definitely need more nuance, but it's a great convo to have when you talk about building strong black communities. Cause we have to start with what we have and where we're at.

A lot of dope folks in the Asian Culture Thread, would be cool to call them over and see if we could have a cordial inter-thread discussion, but that's probably too much work

Back
Top Bottom