Black Culture Discussion Thread

Can’t imagine being a teacher nowadays couldn’t pay me enough to do that job

The Parkland resource officer is on trial RIGHT now because of not doing his “job” they wanted him to fight his pistol vs. the shooters AK-47. I agree with you. I don’t mind being a sports coach, but helping unfit parents, raise kids that they don’t even want to raise or teach values? I’m alllllll the way good.

I’d never be teacher on any level nowadays. The parents want to push all the responsibilities on teachers who are underpaid and under appreciated, I’m good

I guess I am asking if SAS is able to criticize Paul Pierce's behavior without it being, "To look good in front of white folks."
No. SAS is not allowed to criticize PP's behavior in front of white folks. I don't make the rules or understand them all the time but that is what rules will dictate. Black Barbershop criticism only..

As i grow older i start to realize that slavery was even worse than we were told, so i'm really really wondering what was on these peoples minds thinking that level of hatred would be stopped & trying to integrate with them

As i grow older i start to realize that slavery was even worse than we were told, so i'm really really wondering what was on these peoples minds thinking that level of hatred would be stopped & trying to integrate with them

I'm sure there were no easy options after going through that

Of course no path is easier, but looking at something as hateful as white supremacy.... and thinking that working yourself into it just doesn't seem logical at all

And if we're looking at the results today i can't say it was an overall success for the black community

61Q74rC7t8L._AC_AA220_.jpg

Posted about this book before.

The beginning of the book goes over the evolution of the Black population in the US and how it shifts from the various African identities that ended up here to a distinct Black identity. Between the 1600s and 1861 (US civil war), the vast majority of Black people have lived with no cultural memory of the African demographic group they originated from. Over time, these folks have gone from being Yoruba, Fula, Bambara, Fang, etc... to Black Americans. The extent of this cultural shift can be observed in the way free Black folks returning to the continent settled in Liberia/Sierra Leone and brought with them the social organization and cultural mores of the plantation societies in the US and the Caribbean.

Too much time passed between the arrival of the first Africans in the New World and the abolition of slavery. In addition, those contemplating rebellion/revolution only had to look at Haiti as a reminder that even though American allies had stopped trading Black folks, they still believed in white supremacy and would punish anyone who dared upset that order. There wasn't much Black people could have done outside of making the US work for them.

Black people were making the U.S work for them while Simultaneously not trying to cross into white spaces.... they used the little resources they had & were building successful towns & infrastructure slowly. But just like today some people are in love with their oppressors/filled with self hate, & i think that was definitely part of the motivation to want to "accepted" in white society

This culture gotta die man :lol: , We at the point where a ***** who groomed a black teenager to be a serial killer of other black men, will look at you with a straight face & tell you another man doesn't love & respect the black community :lol::lol:

I guess I am asking if SAS is able to criticize Paul Pierce's behavior without it being, "To look good in front of white folks."

Absolutely. I had to watch the original video of Paul Pierce being drunk on Kevin’s Garnett’s podcast to understand the backstory at first. I’m glad SAS did what he did.

Truth be told we need more brothas grabbing dudes by the collar and helping to set them straight. I grew up in the last bit of the “Each One Teach One” era. We have to understand how important image is and understand that there should be a standard/code of conduct. Anybody who’s not matching that desired image or standard gets yanked to the side and quite possibly tossed out the group if changes aren’t made.

This culture gotta die man :lol: , We at the point where a ***** who groomed a black teenager to be a serial killer of other black men, will look at you with a straight face & tell you another man doesn't love & respect the black community :lol::lol:

Exactly. And I heard he attended YNW Melly’s trial. Who’s a sorry excuse for a human being. Dudes just want to hear people talks and gossip. At this point it’s all a game bro

Absolutely. I had to watch the original video of Paul Pierce being drunk on Kevin’s Garnett’s podcast to understand the backstory at first. I’m glad SAS did what he did.

Truth be told we need more brothas grabbing dudes by the collar and helping to set them straight. I grew up in the last bit of the “Each One Teach One” era. We have to understand how important image is and understand that there should be a standard/code of conduct. Anybody who’s not matching that desired image or standard gets yanked to the side and quite possibly tossed out the group if changes aren’t made.

definitely agree about how ‘the truth’ appeared on kg’s live stream…that was wild. even tho it’s always going to be this aspect of whether or not certain criticism(s) should be for public consumption (i’m sure SAS could get paul’s number and speak in private) i think it’s kinda necessary to have it enter in the public discourse because paul pierce is a ‘public figure’ & it’s 2023…it just isn’t wise to put just anyone on front street and 😂 ‘set them straight’ 😂 out in the world…maybe within a group of folk that trust each other’s intentions but even that can be tough because for better & worse we’re a more sensitive society these days. so a public conversation about a ‘celebrity’s’ behavior provides the opportunity…

don’t know what’s going on with pierce tho, don’t want to jump to conclusions but kinda seems like he is crashing out these opportunities, didn’t he get bounced off espn for wildin with strippers?

Last edited:
definitely agree about how ‘the truth’ appeared on kg’s live stream…that was wild. even tho it’s always going to be this aspect of whether or not certain criticism(s) should be for public consumption (i’m sure SAS could get paul’s number and speak in private) i think it’s kinda necessary to have it enter in the public discourse because paul pierce is a ‘public figure’ & it’s 2023…it just isn’t wise to put just anyone on front street and 😂 ‘set them straight’ 😂 out in the world…maybe within a group of folk that trust each other’s intentions but even that can be tough because for better & worse we’re a more sensitive society these days. so a public conversation about a ‘celebrity’ provides the opportunity…

don’t know what’s going on with pierce tho, don’t want to jump to conclusions but kinda seems like he is crashing out these opportunities, didn’t he get bounced off espn for wild in’ with strippers?

Yes he got dropped from ESPN a few years ago for being on IG Live while having strippers and drinking going on at his place.

Yes while I agree some conversations are better to have in a private setting I think SAS did the right by putting it in the public domain since Paul Pierce is a sports celebrity and the original offense with Kevin Garnett occurred during a public podcast for all to see.

Exactly. And I heard he attended YNW Melly’s trial. Who’s a sorry excuse for a human being. Dudes just want to hear people talks and gossip. At this point it’s all a game bro

Boosie just an entertaining dude so i don't really take it too serious, but in large this culture of ours is really confusing when it comes to accountability.

A lot of what we've discussed here about parenting is touched on here.

Make sure your children are feeling like they are part of YOUR family or they will go elsewhere to find IT.

I wonder if Boosie realizes he's the butt of the joke? People ask for his opinion just to see what new heights of ignorance he can achieve.

Ad Hominem aside, regarding only the topic of the discussion in the video - Boosie was right.

The real goofball in that video was agreeing with Kanye that "Slavery was a choice" while wearing a Jackie Robinson jersey. SMH. :smh:

That ownership bar Boosie dropped at the end is the real jewel of the conversation.

Shut all that noise right down.

"I pay me!"

I wonder if Boosie realizes he's the butt of the joke? People ask for his opinion just to see what new heights of ignorance he can achieve.

🤔 do you really think he is generally thought of in that way? while i don’t doubt that is the case for some people, there are probably at least as many if not more that agree/think similarity (altho they might not say it the same way)

Ad Hominem aside, regarding only the topic of the discussion in the video - Boosie was right.

The real goofball in that video was agreeing with Kanye that "Slavery was a choice" while wearing a Jackie Robinson jersey. SMH. :smh:

That ownership bar Boosie dropped at the end is the real jewel of the conversation.

Shut all that noise right down.

"I pay me!"

That Kanye comment is like beating a dead horse so i'm not gonna get into it,

But BOOSIE is the last ***** on earth who should be making decisions on what is hurting the black community/Disrespecting it. Bruh is a ghetto court Jester at this point, yet the "Culture" will champion cats like him & then get upset any time anyone has WORDS that challenge the dumb **** he stands for.

****** a sit here & call cats like Boosie an OG, when all homie does is champion ignorance. Like someone stated earlier this dude is literally in court supporting a young dude that allegedly killed his two closest friends & made a song hinting towards it later.

**** is insane out here :lol:

That Kanye comment is like beating a dead horse so i'm not gonna get into it,

But BOOSIE is the last ***** on earth who should be making decisions on what is hurting the black community/Disrespecting it. Bruh is a ghetto court Jester at this point, yet the "Culture" will champion cats like him & then get upset any time anyone has WORDS that challenge the dumb **** he stands for.

****** a sit here & call cats like Boosie an OG, when all homie does is champion ignorance. Like someone stated earlier this dude is literally in court supporting a young dude that allegedly killed his two closest friends & made a song hinting towards it later.

**** is insane out here :lol:

boosie-shocked.gif

The subject wasn't whether or not Boosie is a good role model. :lol:

What that man has going on in his personal/public life aint none of my business and has absolutely zero impact on me. 🤷‍♂️

"Ad Hominem aside" his argument in the context of the conversation is valid.

The truth doesn't care who tells it.

Last edited:
🤔 do you really think he is generally thought of in that way? while i don’t doubt that is the case for some people, there are probably at least as many if not more that agree/think similarity (altho they might not say it the same way)
You remember when Vlad was interviewing Boosie twice a week? That wasn't doing Boosie any favor. He was using that man because he knew he was going to say some wild ****, start controversy and get views aka $$$. He say some real ****, but a lot of it just ignorance. I'm a firm believer in hood/ratchet is NOT peak blackness.

Back
Top Bottom