Black Culture Discussion Thread

I cried today for the first time in about 10 years. As a black man it troubles me to know that a lot of my friends don't respect or share the same views that there is a serious world wide attack on black people. I literally deleted about 20 of my close friends on FB.
Its crazy how when race debates come up u really get an understanding about of people. There's people that I was somewhat close with think that if we didn't break laws we would stop being harassed. I admit that mentality upsets when black people think that but at the same time there is alot of friends and acquaintances that agree with so I'm cool. It's one thing to disagree with someone but when someone presents u with facts and sill disagree even though it can affect your life that's when I get upset. 

i put together a little mix of songs and interview clips that embody how i think we've all been feeling as of late. there's a little something in here for everybody in this thread. check it out. any feedback is appreciated.

gil scott-heron • the revolution will not be televised
krs-one • sound of da police
thug life • under pressure
dead prez • i have a dream, too
barrington levy • murderer
lauryn hill • i find it hard to say (rebel)
2pac • death around the corner
kendrick lamar • the blacker the berry
big l • the enemy
ice cube • who got the camera?
geto boys • crooked officer
2pac • hellrazor
dead prez • assassination
nina simone • strange fruit
2pac • where do we go from here?
philip bailey • children of the ghetto

(skits not listed)

Last edited:
I think it would be beneficial if we started a group me chat or something to discuss economic plans of action

[emoji]128528[/emoji]

No man, I don't care about them. I'm just frustrated that black people don't seem to understand what's going on. It's beyond sad that a police officer can see a man clearly in extreme pain and not even offer him medical attention, but instead chose neglect and let him die.

It frustrates me that other black people are quick to condemn their own people for looting a box of napkins, but see nothing wrong with Freddie Grays death, it's like our skin color continue to lose and yet no one is realizing that it's us against the world.

My life isn't as important to society as a white person. If a police officer out the blue walks up to me and kills me most people will assume I did something wrong and automatically my death is justified.

It's just pent up anger that I've bottled up for years and it's getting to a point where I can't even sleep at night.

Ij regards to my friends, it's just sad that these are "educated" (I use that term very loosely nowadays) black adults and yet they can't see past anything below the surface. I just don't have room in my life anymore for certain people.
I wouldn't cry but bro I feel exactly where you coming from it's almost like BLACK FOLKS in our era (23-29) are stuck in ZOMBIE mode...I just don't get it man I really don't it baffles me how we know what's going on GENTRIFICATION, POLICE KILLINGS, NO SENSE OF COMMUNITY etc & we just walking around just a happy as we can be...As long as we have social media to show off & take selfies we are ok we have been completely neutralized....Like NEELY FULLER said "BLACK FOLKS HAVE BEEN TRAINING TO GLORIFY SILLINESS TO A POINT WHERE WE ARE SERIOUS ABOUT SILLY THINGS & WE ARE SILLY ABOUT SERIOUS THINGS"

CDw4iwjWAAAScIO.png

I don't live with my daughter but I do everything listed and try to do more. Glad to see these numbers.

This lead at work was talking crazy about the Grey murder. I never discuss political issues at work, simply because
I go to work to work. He's a redneck from that lives in Farmville, VA or something like that. Anyway basically a
redneck that I've heard justifying pretty much every murder of a black male that's happened in the last 2 years.

This younger black dude comes in and basically starts talking about the case, and how Grey shouldn't have been
starting trouble and tap dancing typical ignorant slave mentality :smh: . I basically explain flaws in there views especially
the more white people have died to cops than blacks which the black dude mentioned.

Anyway I have no need to talk to neither of them ever again, especially the black dude. What a lost soul man, I've never
seen a black man actually tap dance in the front of a white person pretty much agreeing with everything he said, when this
dude is a complete redneck and wouldn't think twice if you hung from a tree.

I dont talk to anyone at work about anything besides work, at the most sports and i just let them talk. Def never talk about social issues or political issues im the work place lol

I dont talk to anyone at work about anything besides work, at the most sports and i just let them talk. Def never talk about social issues or political issues im the work place lol

I just sit back and let them expose themselves.

Same with facebook

I just sit back and let them expose themselves.

Same with facebook
I was lik,e that when I was younger, but now if they start talking nonsense, I but right in. Im a 30 year old man now, I speak my mind on everything and if anyone has a problem even coworkers, that's their issue and they need to handle it

We need to be making a push for reparations.
This lead at work was talking crazy about the Grey murder. I never discuss political issues at work, simply because
I go to work to work. He's a redneck from that lives in Farmville, VA or something like that. Anyway basically a
redneck that I've heard justifying pretty much every murder of a black male that's happened in the last 2 years.

This younger black dude comes in and basically starts talking about the case, and how Grey shouldn't have been
starting trouble and tap dancing typical ignorant slave mentality
mean.gif
. I basically explain flaws in there views especially
the more white people have died to cops than blacks which the black dude mentioned.

Anyway I have no need to talk to neither of them ever again, especially the black dude. What a lost soul man, I've never
seen a black man actually tap dance in the front of a white person pretty much agreeing with everything he said, when this
dude is a complete redneck and wouldn't think twice if you hung from a tree.
Interesting to me that because this young black man had a viewpoint that did not completely align with the majority's, you assume he is a lost soul. Not every black person thinks the same way, just like not every white person thinks the same. Also assuming that the "red neck" would lynch without hesitation is very ignorant.

^This is why you will never understand the plight of a black man in the US. For you that sorry young fellow just has a different opinion on a highly controversial case. The end.

For me, that sorry fellow is literally the embodiment of white supremacy. He is literally the victim and he doesn't blame his oppressor but puts blame on the oppressed. There are many psychological studies that describe this behavior and your making light of his malady as if its just an "opinion." His mentality is the antithesis of this thread and lead to the murders of prominent black leaders.

If you don't see the problem in an American blaming an innocent and unarmed man's death on the victim rather than the killer, its because you've chosen to support this narrative in how they portray black men in the media. Some of us look at him as a traitor, and more so a fool because he is as likely to be killed just as Freddie Grey but that isn't his misfortune. As black Americans we have acknowledged the fact that we can be killed at a whim by those sworn to protect us. His misfortune is that he thinks tap dancing will prevent his murder but its the furthest thing from the truth. He is literally all a slave master could wish for besides the return of slavery. The very fact that the riot is being talked about rather than the murder is exactly the narrative that I am describing. A lot of dudes had nothing to say when some poor black dude died. But are up in arms now about a riot, as if they cared about that community in the first place.

I am speaking in generalities because I don't know dude but we all know people like him. I feel sorry for them, they fell right into the trap they were supposed to fall in.

Oh, and I hate the term red neck. White people that like to call other white people white trash and what not are the equivalent of this sorry young fellow.

The funny thing about white supremacy is that it was created and cultivated over the years to prevent poor whites from revolting. To make them feel that they are above someone even though they have more in common with poor blacks than rich white people. They rather see a black man fail when his interests would clearly help them also. Its quite sad actually.

I am not speaking about Obama but in general.

i put together a little mix of songs and interview clips that embody how i think we've all been feeling as of late. there's a little something in here for everybody in this thread. check it out. any feedback is appreciated.

gil scott-heron • the revolution will not be televised
krs-one • sound of da police
thug life • under pressure
dead prez • i have a dream, too
barrington levy • murderer
lauryn hill • i find it hard to say (rebel)
2pac • death around the corner
kendrick lamar • the blacker the berry
big l • the enemy
ice cube • who got the camera?
geto boys • crooked officer
2pac • hellrazor
dead prez • assassination
nina simone • strange fruit
2pac • where do we go from here?
philip bailey • children of the ghetto

(skits not listed)

+1 quoted for those who may not go back and see 
I don't live with my daughter but I do everything listed and try to do more. Glad to see these numbers.
same +1

The funny thing about white supremacy is that it was created and cultivated over the years to prevent poor whites from revolting. To make them feel that they are above someone even though they have more in common with poor blacks than rich white people. They rather see a black man fail when his interests would clearly help them also. Its quite sad actually.

Yep you got my brother that's why the WHITE SUPREMACIST in MARYLAND wrote the DOCTRINE OF EXCLUSION...White Supremacy is a EGO TRIP like NEELY FULLER said HOLIER THAN THOU...Before the DOCTRINE OF EXCLUSION Black and Whites got along pretty well hell The Poor Black even helped the Whites in BACON'S REBELLION & this was before BLACKS was put into Lifetime slavery BLACK SLAVES worked a certain number of yrs then where set few they were allowed to mingle with whites they use THE DOCTRINE OF EXCLUSION to suppress revolts....

Yup this always got me about white supremacy.

Them poor white folks supporting agendas and legislature to keep them right where they are. :smh:

Idiots, poor folks of all colors should ban together if they wanted any real progress towards solution.

It's used as a tool just like the prison industrial complex is reinforced for poor black folks, not to the same degree but the same principal.

Divide and conquer.

Yup this always got me about white supremacy.

Them poor white folks supporting agendas and legislature to keep them right where they are. :smh:

Idiots, poor folks of all colors should ban together if they wanted any real progress towards solution.

It's used as a tool just like the prison industrial complex is reinforced for poor black folks, not to the same degree but the same principal.

Divide and conquer.
YEP all of the White Folks that are the highest positions of power & the ones with the most money are 100% WHITE SUPREMACIST & the poor ones are just pawns, minions to do their dirty work they are just to ignorant to see it....Like the so called "LIVING OFF THE GOVERNMENT (FOOD STAMPS, GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE etc) if they stopped that just as many WHITES would been in trouble because most WHITES in rural America are on Government Assistance....

^The assistance appearing to be an immigrant or non white problem is the narrative I was speaking on.

^^Bruh, divide and conquer worked perfectly. In social society and within black society.

I am sure that if all disadvantages people came together to fight as one the force would be to great to ignore.

But these white people are only human. If one speaks out they will bless him and his family and he'll stop fighting.

Similar to the blacks that aquire a little bit of fame and acceptance like common etc. Those cats forget early on where they came from. If blacks do it why wouldn't whites?

Props to brother above, i'll read up on the doctrine of exclusion.

Back
Top Bottom