Black Folk, Where are we at when it comes to allowing others to use N word with the A

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by CashBanks

I'm black I say it

If your not black and you use it around me we have an issue

I dont use it at work because I work with mostly white people and I'm not givin em an excuse I'd hate to have to slap one of em

better questions is why do non-black people wanna say %%+*$! sooo bad? 
eyes.gif

In alot of cases it's white privilege, alot of them simply aren't use to being told they CAN'T do something.  They feel like they should be able to do whatever they want to. 

NOPE. You can't talk about white people. You're not white. Just like I can't talk about black people since I'm not black. Right, champ?
roll.gif

NT's biggest hypocrite.

I remember playing golf against a team of black kids in HS (south central LA). I was throwing around the n word ending with an a like nothing the whole match....

I wasn't even aware that I used it until after the match was over and my teammates and coach told me.
laugh.gif

I'm Asian, btw.
laugh.gif

They didn't say or do a single thing.

I'm Black and i could care less who says it .
There's a difference with the "er" , kind of like brother and brotha .
It's a " buddy" thing .

I'm white and I grew up in a school where black was the dominant race in it. Everyone uses the N word and I do to. We say it as if we are saying bro or homie. Nobody has a problem with me saying it as they accepted me. edit: we use the "a"ending not "er"

i mean probably most of these rappers fans are non black, and if the n word is dropped hundreds of times on an album, throughout the songs then of course people will use it..how can u expect someone PAYING for your album and not ALLOWED to recite back the lyrics..? its stupid.
and i disagree black people do not own that word..its english language..everyone is entitled to say what they want , granted they understand the consequences of certain words.

Originally Posted by CJ863

No race has ownership of a #%* word. I don't let anyone say the word around me, its all about correcting them the first time they try and pull it. Lock this up before NT KKK enters.
Jalen+Rose+Magic+Johnson+Zo+Magic+8+Ball+Challenge+LnecvQxi6o2l.jpg

na but seriously, imagine if you were alive back then, and the white man used that word against you. I'm pretty sure you would get offended, right? 

Originally Posted by kevi

I'm white and I grew up in a school where black was the dominant race in it. Everyone uses the N word and I do to. We say it as if we are saying bro or homie. Nobody has a problem with me saying it as they accepted me. edit: we use the "a"ending not "er"

That's what i was trying to say .
People in here is soft .

Originally Posted by BadKarma

People in here is soft .
indifferent.gif
 why do you wanna say it tho?
You don't use the word in your house...you didnt hear it growing up around family in that context...you just wanna be down like Brandy...

Originally Posted by MonStar1

People in here is soft .
indifferent.gif
You don't use the word in your house...you didnt hear it growing up around family in that context...you just wanna be down like Brandy...

it's not like I switch up my sentence just to throw it in there. It just flows out my mouth because it's a regular word were I'm from.

People in here is soft .
indifferent.gif

it's not like I switch up my sentence just to throw it in there. It just flows out my mouth because it's a regular word were I'm from.You have to listen to teens in Ny and see how much they use the word. Every race. teens don't care about the word anymore if you cool with someone. My black friends call me the n word and I have no problem with it and niether to them

per America im "black" btw...........

for someone who flaunts or/& constantly uses that word will show THEIR character........not yours....

Why should it matter if someone who is African American stick up for that word or not, when they didnt even choose to be who they are today....?

Someone else using the word ending with A or a ER doesnt effect me or my life at all......proud to be here breathing

People in here is soft .
indifferent.gif

it's not like I switch up my sentence just to throw it in there. It just flows out my mouth because it's a regular word were I'm from.
laugh.gif
 Boi Stop
you became a certain age and thought it was cool to use that word.  Your parents don't use it, your parents didn't expose you to music or movies or comedy with the word used growing up,  its not in your nature or culture to use the word.  But you claim it "flows" out your mouth?  Please stop it.

The majority of us African Americans have heard, used, and understood the meaningS of the word well before you "others" started to think it was cool to use.  I think its funny how our culture gets "used" and a "phase" for others.  Trust me you will probably stop using the word around age 29 because you will feel silly and if you have kids you won't want them looking as silly as you once did.  

Your whole "where I'm from" and "they let me" claim is just silly.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by CashBanks

I'm black I say it

If your not black and you use it around me we have an issue

I dont use it at work because I work with mostly white people and I'm not givin em an excuse I'd hate to have to slap one of em

better questions is why do non-black people wanna say %%+*$! sooo bad? 
eyes.gif

In alot of cases it's white privilege, alot of them simply aren't use to being told they CAN'T do something.  They feel like they should be able to do whatever they want to. 

NOPE. You can't talk about white people. You're not white. Just like I can't talk about black people since I'm not black. Right, champ?
roll.gif

NT's biggest hypocrite.

The difference between me and you champ for this topic at hand is that I have actually spoken to white people about this and discussed this with them in-depth.  They shared their point of view and I shared mine.  Even THEY have said the answer that I beforehand thought they would say which is more or less "white privilege".  While you (an dee 51o) are still on the outside looking in and still a FRAUD at the end of the day. 

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
 Boi Stop
you became a certain age and thought it was cool to use that word.  Your parents don't use it, your parents didn't expose you to music or movies or comedy with the word used growing up,  its not in your nature or culture to use the word.  But you claim it "flows" out your mouth?  Please stop it.

The majority of us African Americans have heard, used, and understood the meaningS of the word well before you "others" started to think it was cool to use.  I think its funny how our culture gets "used" and a "phase" for others.  Trust me you will probably stop using the word around age 29 because you will feel silly and if you have kids you won't want them looking as silly as you once did.  

%*%+-just-got-real.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
 Boi Stop

It's not like your parents raised you to say curses but everybody still uses it anyway.And I don't say it to my parents and I don't say curses to my parents.Still dosent change that everyone the I hang out with has no problem with me or anyone else saying it.

If you say it the way I say it, I dont care what race you are to be honest.

I take it as a form of endearment in 2012.
I tell my homies not to use it around other races, because it makes them comfortable to use the word.

White people know better not to use the word around Black people. It's jus' common sense.

He wants to use it because he isn't supposed to do it. You know that makes someone want to do something even more.

I don't think anyone uses it.

The whole a. vs. er argument is so foolish. It is the same damn word. I will be damned if a word like that that help so much pain and terror will be converted into a term of love and endearment.

I hate the word and I hate how pop culturish it has become.

I wonder how often it is used behind closed doors though.

Dave Chappelle is one person I somewhat blame for the nationwide usage of the word.

(to non-blacks) say it all you want.... but if a goon happens to hear you, you're gonna hear the call of "worldstar!!" while you gettin your #@# beat

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

He wants to use it because he isn't supposed to do it. You know that makes someone want to do something even more.

The whole a. vs. er argument is so foolish. It is the same damn word. I will be damned if a word like that that help so much pain and terror will be converted into a term of love and endearment.

Dave Chappelle is one person I somewhat blame for the nationwide usage of the word.

I always thought you was older than that. Its been going on wayyyyy before Dave Chappelle.E.g.:NWA

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

to me its 1 of the reasons I dont like alot of rap. I feel like they purposely try and use it as much as possible. Take childish gambino for example. I loved camp, but he just sounded like a lame usin the N word every chance he got. And why is there a song called " n**gaz in paris". Why was that a good idea on the part of Jay Z. Like grow up dude. Your 40 and a businessman. Set an example for youths.

Back
Top Bottom