BLACK FRIDAY 2012

mine is arriving Thursday... have u read the reviews on it? they're bound to break down within a few months... u get extended warranty on yours?

What extended warranty service do you plan on getting Ning, received mine yesterday was thinking squaretrade :nerd:

What extended warranty service do you plan on getting Ning, received mine yesterday was thinking squaretrade :nerd:

Who is this?

I'm getting a 4 year warranty with BB, $29.99. If this 3D monitor breaks down, BB will give u a new monitor of equal value whenever a new one releases within the warranty window. What's SquareTrade? The monitor comes with a 1 year warranty from Sony RMA anyway. If it breaks within a year, send it to Sony and they should do a permanent fix.

I got this from a Sony forum, here are some things u should keep in mind to preserve the life of your 3D monitor:

- **** Flicker of Death ****
--- Anyone that has researched this display well will learn of something called the death flicker which starts with the monitor flickering off every now and then for a few seconds then coming back until one day it just doesn't power back on.
--- There has been NO official fix for this and it is apparently a flaw with ALL monitors, there have been no "stocked" hardware revisions therefore buying a warranty and replacing it in-store is only delaying the inevitable.
--- Only true fix from reported victims of the flaw is sending it to Sony and receiving a replacement from factory. Sony has a manufacturer's 1 year warranty in case yours does die.
--- Other homebrew potential fixes include:
----- Fan on back panel...low success rate, seems that some people encountered the issue only due to heat generation of the panel.
----- Others have found that the possible cause of flicker of death is due to the monitor being set to "demo" mode to stand out at stores. (high brightness, backlight, contrast, color, etc...)
----- My findings from research and from personal use with my own monitor (which has been successfully running without issues for over 4 months) is to immediately lower your settings to 5-7 backlight / 60-80 brightness / sharpness 1-2 / color

Last edited:
Reactions: 777
mine is arriving Thursday... have u read the reviews on it? they're bound to break down within a few months... u get extended warranty on yours?

naw.. its only 100 bucks. I am using it as a beater monitor. plus sony covers it for 1 year.

most annoying thing about the monitor is that it will turn off immediately once the source device stops sending the signal or goes to "sleep".

ok usps delivered the package that fedex somehow lost >D
how does that happen? lol....

cheap fedex service tends to outsource delivery service to usps. happens to me all the time

I've personally had to use my squaretrade warranty and it's the truth.

They refunded what I paid and I had to ship my product back.

I'd recommend purchasing a ST warranty after your product's manufacturer warranty is up.

bought $600 worth of stuff on plndr cyber monday (35 +1% off + free shipping, so about $400) and i still haven't received a tracking number.... :smh:

Waiting on a few other things but this came in today.

I've personally had to use my squaretrade warranty and it's the truth.
They refunded what I paid and I had to ship my product back.
I'd recommend purchasing a ST warranty after your product's manufacturer warranty is up.

would you say its better than Best buys?

I got my laptop from best buy but I haven't bought the warranty yet

picked up a laptop, 3ds package and a game for son for xmas, and i got my fiances brother a desktop

didn't plan on spending as much but better to drop some cash now than 6 months from now when i would have paid $250 more

should be getting the laptop today...

should have pulled the trigger on a camera o well..

Back
Top Bottom