Black Friday 2013 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

[thread="573710"] [/thread]
I think that WD is the best hdd company right now.

Their hdds are very reliable.
Expect 3-5 years of use out of one.
3-5 years is an incredibly short time for a HDD to be of use.  I'm gonna store all my pictures/videos/movies/tv shows/programs/etc in a device that i'll have to replace in 5 years?  **** that ****.  I need some more reliability.

:rofl: hard drives don't last longer than that

that's a pretty decent lifespan for an HDD.

Walmart always has the best BF deals, but it also attracts the craziest MF's. I might just hit the mall for some cheap winter and summer gear, and cop the new tires.

Last edited:
Thanks again iYen iYen I may hold off till BF and wait for this to drop a little more. I noticed that they make different ones that are formatted for mac and pc. Does it really matter which one I get since the one at costco doesn't specify the platform.

Amazon product ASIN B00E6N9HEC

I think that WD is the best hdd company right now.
Their hdds are very reliable.
Expect 3-5 years of use out of one.
3-5 years is an incredibly short time for a HDD to be of use.  I'm gonna store all my pictures/videos/movies/tv shows/programs/etc in a device that i'll have to replace in 5 years?  **** that ****.  I need some more reliability.
knot shore if srs

Thanks again @iYen I may hold off till BF and wait for this to drop a little more. I noticed that they make different ones that are formatted for mac and pc. Does it really matter which one I get since the one at costco doesn't specify the platform.

Amazon product ASIN B00E6N9HEC
You can format any hdd to the format that you need. 

It takes less than a minute to format an hdd.

on the amazon page it says 

Compatibility
  • Formatted HSF + Journaled for Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion
  • Requires reformatting for Windows
they just label it "for mac" as a marketing strategy

Last edited:
Thanks again [@=https://niketalk.com/members/37706"color:rgb(0,0,0);margin-bottom:14px;margin-top:-4px;">Compatibility

• Formatted HSF + Journaled for Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion
  • Requires reformatting for Windows

they just label it "for mac" as a marketing strategy

Right on. I'll stop asking you questions now lol. I feel like I'm turning this thread into a discussion about HDD's instead of BF :lol:

just lookin for a Go Pro
nerd.gif
you missed this one sale, i posted it no here they had the Hero 3 Black for $280, originally $399.  But now they have the 3+, they dropped the prices for a all their current 3s.

knot shore if srs
roll.gif
hard drives don't last longer than that

that's a pretty decent lifespan for an HDD.
you sure? i have a old harddrive for almost 10 years already! lol i dont use it often but still. What going to happen to all your files you store for over years?! whats the best way to make sure its store forever?
After two years you copy that data to a new hdd which will most likely be bigger than than the hdd that you copied that data from.

hdds don't last forever.

You could buy online storage(yearly) if you don't want to do that.

Last edited:
Great thread.

Stores are already starting their early bird specials. You can find some good deals in the weeks before Black Friday.

I just started working at Target and this is what I'm most looking for. It will be like watching National Geographic :rofl: I work in the backroom but for the love of gawd my 90 evaluation is two weeks after that too. I'll snap if I get one of those angry parents yapping at me.

I just started working at Target and this is what I'm most looking for. It will be like watching National Geographic :rofl: I work in the backroom but for the love of gawd my 90 evaluation is two weeks after that too. I'll snap if I get one of those angry parents yapping at me.
I

The best thing about working at Target this time of year is they feed you like kings8)Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom