Black Friday 2013 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
iYen iYen Costco has this deal on 2TB Western Digital HD that I might just get but in your opinion do you think they'll be cheaper during black fri on other sites?

http://www.costco.com/WD-My-Passpor...=10701&keyword=800229&langId=-1&storeId=10301

Or I might just drop the extra $$ and get this one but I'm not sure what the difference is besides this one being accessible through phones/tablets and it has cloud storage although I never use cloud.

http://www.costco.com/WD-My-Book-Live-2TB-Personal-Cloud-Storage-Drive.product.100003517.html

Last edited:

How is it holding up now?
 i haven't had any problems with it at all, and the picture still looks great... i also have it hard wired so all the apps run perfectly.

i had bought the 4 year warranty  as well so i'm good for a while if anything happens 

edit: i forgot to mention that it did have a lip sync issue for a little bit, but a firm ware update fixed that 

Where did you get it from? Best buy?
@yanky

wester digital seems to be the best brand

Right on. You have a wester digital? I need one just to back up my mac and store pics/music.
I think that WD is the best hdd company right now.
Their hdds are very reliable.
Expect 3-5 years of use out of one.

Brah I swear you're the first Hard Drive fanboy I've ever seen. Maybe I'm not aware of the culture

Today I was reading a story about the 6TB WD Helium drive, and the frist thing to pop into my head was "I wonder if that ***** iYen seen this ****" :smh: :lol:

Last edited:

How is it holding up now?
 i haven't had any problems with it at all, and the picture still looks great... i also have it hard wired so all the apps run perfectly.

i had bought the 4 year warranty  as well so i'm good for a while if anything happens 

edit: i forgot to mention that it did have a lip sync issue for a little bit, but a firm ware update fixed that 

Where did you get it from? Best buy?
@yanky

wester digital seems to be the best brand

Right on. You have a wester digital? I need one just to back up my mac and store pics/music.

Brah I swear you're the first Hard Drive fanboy I've ever seen. Maybe I'm not aware of the culture

Today I was reading a story about the 6TB WD Helium drive, and the frist thing to pop into my head was "I wonder if that ***** iYen seen this ****" :smh: :lol:

SHOTS.

If guns exist, dis be shots.

Anyone remember the deal Timberland gave on boots last year? believe it was 50% off, could've been more. Looking to get wheat and black 6" this go around.

Last edited:
Anyone remember the deal Timberland gave on boots last year? believe it was 50% off, could've been more. Looking to get wheat and black 6" this go around.

Usually modells have that every Black Friday also. Not sure if they do it online tho.

@iYen Costco has this deal on 2TB Western Digital HD that I might just get but in your opinion do you think they'll be cheaper during black fri on other sites?

http://www.costco.com/WD-My-Passpor...=10701&keyword=800229&langId=-1&storeId=10301

Or I might just drop the extra $$ and get this one but I'm not sure what the difference is besides this one being accessible through phones/tablets and it has cloud storage although I never use cloud.

http://www.costco.com/WD-My-Book-Live-2TB-Personal-Cloud-Storage-Drive.product.100003517.html
That's a nice discount. 

I have no idea if they would be cheaper during black friday/cyber monday.

With costco's return policy you could just return the hdd even though you used it.

If you don't NEED an hdd, then wait it out.

If you don't want to deal with it being sold out or something like that, just purchase it now.

Cyber monday is usually when hdds get discounted. 

You could get a 3tb desktop hdd for $5-$15 more depending on the model.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...fix=3tb+we,aps&rh=i:aps,k:3tb western digital

If you need a portable hdd, then don't get a desktop hdd.

If you're hdd is going to be in the same spot for 98% of the time, cop a desktop hdd.

If you're not going to use cloud storage, don't spend your money on that feature.

The my book live makes a shared folder so all your comps can save to 1 location.

You can do this with a mac or pc via file sharing.

The comps that you give access to your shared folder would just save their files to your shared folder.

Your shared folder would be the hdd that you have connected to your comp.

Hope that helps.

Today I was reading a story about the 6TB WD Helium drive, and the frist thing to pop into my head was "I wonder if that ***** iYen seen this ****" 
mean.gif

laugh.gif
I am a WD fanboy.

WD sent me a 4tb 3.5 hdd for no reason. This one to be exact: Amazon product ASIN B00EHBERSE
I think I won a contest/survey things.

Needless to say, I sold it since I didn't need it.

Wow has Black Friday fallen off? There doesn't seem to be much excitement this year
I feel the same way. Actually there hasn't been much excitement in that past 3-4 years honestly.

Last edited:
Why isn't the quote or multiquote function work on here for me?

Anyway to those talking about the deal the Timberland will hand out the 50% off I don't think it will apply to the Wheat Timbs.

Those never go on sale no matter what.

I'm talking about the ones with the two tone gum sole and leather cushioning at the top around the highest point on the boot.

Why isn't the quote or multiquote function work on here for me?

Anyway to those talking about the deal the Timberland will hand out the 50% off I don't think it will apply to the Wheat Timbs.

Those never go on sale no matter what.

I'm talking about the ones with the two tone gum sole and leather cushioning at the top around the highest point on the boot.

Yea i figured that aswell. grabbed a pair off ycmc.com on halowen for 117.

My dude caught apair for $84 last black friday at macy's. i shouldve copped me a pair then but was copping the 4's too.

Anybody ever do the timberland guarantee thing? basically if you send in a pair of damaged(DIY) timbs they send yo the exact same pair. my dude has done it every year for the past 4 years. never any hassle always a new pair come fall. i cant find any of my old timbs though. smh. think my mother tossed them joints.

3-5 years is an incredibly short time for a HDD to be of use.  I'm gonna store all my pictures/videos/movies/tv shows/programs/etc in a device that i'll have to replace in 5 years?  **** that ****.  I need some more reliability.

Any deals on xbox live membership? I remember last year there was 6 months for 10 bucks but they were all gone by the time I got there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom