Black Friday 2k14 1st page for deals you may miss

Go to the store and look at the tv on display and if you like it cop. All generic brands don't have piss poor quality. I remember when Vizio was getting the step-child treatment around here years ago lol.

That's a terrible way to shop for a tv. Considering the quality depends on what definition the signal is in, and the connection cables used. You could simply overlook a tv because someone used component over hdmi or a standard definition signal over hd.

Last edited:
Vizio has certain models that share Sharp screens. That isn't the case with all brands though. Just because they share certain components, which isn't always the screen doesn't make all things equal.

Proof of this? I'm genuinely curious

I should have rephrased it. As it was mentioned, a lot of the components are shared, especially displays. Now this doesn't necessarily mean that they are equal but it does show that the gap between Samsung and element isnt as big as you think.

Let me used another example. I interned at an automotive company. And we learned that the difference, for example, between Toyota and Lexus is the tolerances and in their parts. Say you produce 10 valves. In terms of the tightest tolerances, the top 3 would go in a Lexus. The middle 4 in a Toyota and the last 3 in a scion.

Also, you might not know that a lot of "competitors" are produced in the same factory by the same company. For example, Oakley and Ray Ban are owned by luxotica.

Anyone own a sharp Led tv? If so how is the quality, Looking into buying it that 42 led from best buy. :nerd:

Yall think the PS4 will get any cheaper this holiday season? I'm thinkin whether or not I should bite and get it w/ the current deal

Yall think the PS4 will get any cheaper this holiday season? I'm thinkin whether or not I should bite and get it w/ the current deal

I'd cop with the GTA/TLOU bundle. I don't think it's getting any cheaper. They might change the games closer to Xmas but that's about it. The PS4 has been selling like crack without incentives. Sony has no reason to take XBOX 1 like price breaks. You can always trade those games at another store if you don't want them.

Lol the argument being made here is akin to saying kia and mercedes use the aame windows dunnonwhy ud pay 50 k more for one... The sum of the parts >>>>> with sony. Samsung. Vizio. Lg. Panasonic... Than seiko, emrson, etc.

If u want a crash course on why/how these other brands undercut cost i can point you in the right direction.

Ive had a 26" samsung lcd for almost 10 years. It was like 900 bucks... Its still one of my go to gaming tvs. I had an LG led that lasted about 8 years of heavy use before it quit...

My sister bout a 50 inch sanyo with her roomates. After one year only one hdmi port worked. After 2 it was donezo. The pic quality and frame shutter was god awful haha

Lol the argument being made here is akin to saying kia and mercedes use the aame windows dunnonwhy ud pay 50 k more for one... The sum of the parts >>>>> with sony. Samsung. Vizio. Lg. Panasonic... Than seiko, emrson, etc.

If u want a crash course on why/how these other brands undercut cost i can point you in the right direction.

Ive had a 26" samsung lcd for almost 10 years. It was like 900 bucks... Its still one of my go to gaming tvs. I had an LG led that lasted about 8 years of heavy use before it quit...

My sister bout a 50 inch sanyo with her roomates. After one year only one hdmi port worked. After 2 it was donezo. The pic quality and frame shutter was god awful haha

But nothing's a guarantee. My parents bought a 55" Samsung which was their "top model at the time". 4 years later and it's dead.

The joint in their bedroom is a Westinghouse. They had that joint for 6 years now.

Like I said, the higher end brands are clearly better but that gap is not as big as you think.

A simple study into manufacturing shows this. Hate to sound pretentious but trust me, I'm a mechanical engineering student. Who also goes to your alma mater :wink:

Last edited:
I've had my Sony in my room for 10 years this December. I love it still, looks just as good as my sister's vizio that she got last year.

Don't like beats I think they are over priced for the quality and sounds so imma pick the Sony MDR-XB950BT headset for a buck.

Don't like beats I think they are over priced for the quality and sounds so imma pick the Sony MDR-XB950BT headset for a buck.

Correct, there are literally dozens of headphones that are superior to beats. The ATH's, AKG's, Philip's, Sony MDR serious, Senheiser, Shure, etc. Got the V-Moda M-80's on sale for $40 last year and they are more balanced and clearer than most of last years Beats.

But nothing's a guarantee. My parents bought a 55" Samsung which was their "top model at the time". 4 years later and it's dead.

The joint in their bedroom is a Westinghouse. They had that joint for 6 years now.

Like I said, the higher end brands are clearly better but that gap is not as big as you think.

A simple study into manufacturing shows this. Hate to sound pretentious but trust me, I'm a mechanical engineering student. Who also goes to your alma mater :wink:

I hear you obviously every situation is unique as far as televisions. Hundreds of variables. But i learned a long time ago you generally get what you pay for with electronics.

Last edited:
can more than one microsoft XB1 coupon be used on one purchase?

Like trading in two 360 consoles and using the two $100 codes towards the purchase of one Xbox One? Not sure, but it doesn't hurt to try. It's not like you're legally obligated to send in both 360 consoles.

Last edited:
Like trading in two 360 consoles and using the two $100 codes towards the purchase of one Xbox One? Not sure, but it doesn't hurt to try. It's not like you're legally obligated to send in both 360 consoles.

Yea going to trade my 360 and a ps3.

Back
Top Bottom