Black guy hair cuts

Schools in la have been starting in August for the last couple of years too...they end in like May I think.

lol while i dont agree with op sentiments exactly...there was/is some slight kinda truth to what he is saying.... i wouldnt use the word "tom" exactly. But for quite awhile many black men did shave their faces... and keep the traditional low cut, even all over or low fro... because it looked less "menacing" and "intimidating" to whites especially when in a white dominate workforce/field.. Same with black women and them relaxing their hair/weaves etc... Looks less "ethnic" as the termed often used.

See like black news anchors and analyst and reporters. especially in years past. Youd be hard press to see a black man with any facial hair, and if you did it was at most a slight mustache. Same in the corporate world, fortune 500 world as well. And things like dreads etc... you could forget about it. But i think as time has evolved and more black men have gone with a natural look... society and dominated "white" fields/workforce have been a little more "accepting" of it. 

lol while i dont agree with op sentiments exactly...there was/is some slight kinda truth to what he is saying.... i wouldnt use the word "tom" exactly. But for quite awhile many black men did shave their faces... and keep the traditional low cut, even all over or low fro... because it looked less "menacing" and "intimidating" to whites especially when in a white dominate workforce/field.. Same with black women and them relaxing their hair/weaves etc... Looks less "ethnic" as the termed often used.

See like black news anchors and analyst and reporters. especially in years past. Youd be hard press to see a black man with any facial hair, and if you did it was at most a slight mustache. Same in the corporate world, fortune 500 world as well. And things like dreads etc... you could forget about it. But i think as time has evolved and more black men have gone with a natural look... society and dominated "white" fields/workforce have been a little more "accepting" of it. 

For those that want to know how to zero gap the t-outliners to get that crispy shape up. Cuts almost as close as a razor without giving you razor bumps. I use it to dry shave too 

Arizona schools go from August to May

Florida schools start in August and end in June
Yep, same in MD.
Florida schools start in August and end in June
Schools in la have been starting in August for the last couple of years too...they end in like May I think.

what type of school start in august?
hell my girls started last monday and yea like someone else said they end in march... i wanna say march the 20 something
maybe im out of touch with the times

when i was in hs (2003-2007) we started at the very tail end of august, like the 27th, and that was just a half day and on a friday usually

and my university doesnt really start until after labor day, i know some schools start mid august, but i didnt know at the very beginning like that

Yea back to school season is heavy in the barber shops and the mall.

I remember when I was in school, we would start on like the last Thursday in August and end on the last Wednesday/Thursday of May.

But the thing is especially back in the day... i take it your relatively young. That kinda was the "black guys in dark hoodies" kinda thing. Especially in the whole fight the power, militant, black power im black and im proud times. ppl (mainly whites) saw the fro,cornrows braids etc... beard as like this dude is trouble. Same with the women with the fros and going all natural etc.. 

Those sentiments kinda faded away when one most black women just stop going natural all together and wore weaves etc... The whole fight the power etc movement etc ended. And there were less marcus garvey/malcolm x type of brothers and more bryant gumble type of brothers. 

It was pretty much implied after awhile especially with moms etc... like shave that messy stuff/nappy stuff off...you dont look presentable, no job is gonna want you/hire you with your face/hair looking like that. But now more and more dudes are doing it and its so common that folks are like welp whatever about it. And now its the whole "dressing" or "talking" aka black guys in hoodies etc.. thats the new stereotype, looking "intimidating" or might be trouble look. 

I don't think any of your major networks are going to have men with facial hair, white or black. This isn't by choice, it's by rule.

Someone post me a pic of news personality on CBS NBC or ABC that had facial hair.
I can almost guarantee you, you can't find one. Mustache beard or goatee

The comment dude made in the bald mustache Uncle Tom thing is just his youth showing, his opinion showing, and that's all. He meant no harm, he just didn't know better, straight up

Last edited:

maybe im out of touch with the times

when i was in hs (2003-2007) we started at the very tail end of august, like the 27th, and that was just a half day and on a friday usually

and my university doesnt really start until after labor day, i know some schools start mid august, but i didnt know at the very beginning like that
yea alot of schools are pretty much starting to push year around slowly but surely... i guess they dont wanna just "suddenly" drop it on kids lol they doing it real slick like on some we will just push the start date a little earlier, and the ending of school a little later.

Hell when i was in school we didnt go back till whatever holiday that is in september labor day i think. And was done i believe memorial day. Hell we got outta school at 2:45/3:15 unless you had detention (do they still do that lol) or was in some sort of after school activities etc...

Last edited:
How long should my hair be before i get it loc'd and how long should i keep it in before washing. Cause i can do twists for like 2 weeks, 3 weeks if i can push it, but something happens where i wake up with scabs on my scalp lol

How long should my hair be before i get it loc'd and how long should i keep it in before washing. Cause i can do twists for like 2 weeks, 3 weeks if i can push it, but something happens where i wake up with scabs on my scalp lol

Scabs are from twists and braids that are too tight.

If you'd read the thread though you'd get an idea, dipset had a six inch box, and you saw his twists, so use that as a reference when thinking about locs, too.

saw this on twitter :lol: barber saved homie life

Kinda look like meek b4 the deal

Lil homie gonna be at school on that first day pimpin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom