Black guy hair cuts

Rook, you used the nudred? How did you get it like that?

I use this

that the dude I posted last page sold at his shop.

Its like a extra large shower sponge and he cut holes into the top to curl/coil the hair

Last edited:

maybe im out of touch with the times

when i was in hs (2003-2007) we started at the very tail end of august, like the 27th, and that was just a half day and on a friday usually

and my university doesnt really start until after labor day, i know some schools start mid august, but i didnt know at the very beginning like that
yea alot of schools are pretty much starting to push year around slowly but surely... i guess they dont wanna just "suddenly" drop it on kids lol they doing it real slick like on some we will just push the start date a little earlier, and the ending of school a little later.

Hell when i was in school we didnt go back till whatever holiday that is in september labor day i think. And was done i believe memorial day. Hell we got outta school at 2:45/3:15 unless you had detention (do they still do that lol) or was in some sort of after school activities etc...
lol after Sophomore year, all that was done for me, they called em JUGs at my school (Judgement Under God) and when they started making us come in on Saturdays my Junior year, all that stopped lol

I use this

that the dude I posted last page sold at his shop.

Its like a extra large shower sponge and he cut holes into the top to curl/coil the hair
what da hell is that.... ish looks like a damn moon rock. 

Might cop a sponge like that and see what I can do. May need to cut my hair down some and get lined up before I do that though.

Can't believe I just discovered this thread. Legendary material right here. :lol:

This is the cut I normally keep, high top with the sides and back faded low.

Generally speaking I'm satisfied with that, sometimes the barber takes it down a bit. Right now I'm a let that grow out a bit, getting a tape every other week or so. No fros, though. Far too nappy for that

I'm nappy as **** and thus my hair will just magically curl all day after a shower and shampoo.

(I'm ready to be roasted, but yall ain't finna destroy my dignity like some others :lol:)

Last edited:
Been growing my hair out all around. Hadn't done that in years.

I just line it up myself. My hair is naturally curly so since it's got quite a bit of length now, it's starting to spiral up and look like twists, which the womenz seem to like. :nerd:

Pardon the ****** cell phone pic.

Btw, Jamaican Black Castor Oil along with the right shampoo/conditioner combo (sulfate free) and vitamins works.

Yall got me wanting to grow my hair out earlier then planned. This heat is serious right now.

Brolic, you using Biotin?

Just copped that literally two days ago :lol: bout to mess with it for awhile and see what becomes of it.

I've heard nothing but good stuff in regards to Biotin from My mom, (She used it to grow some hair back during therapy) My barber says it works, and some folks here on NT have vouched for it as well. But I'm usually strictly Biotin and that's it, so hopefully it works.

Tried the castor oil for a little bit, but was just too messy, and smelly and oily for me. Don't like throwing a lot of oils and what not into my hair, which is why I prefer pill form.

Last edited:
Sticking with the bald fade but growing the top out. Going to try and use the Nudred once it's long enough.

$8 + tip for a line up. If you ask for a taper you get bumped up to the full $15 price regardless if he is giving you a full cut or not :smh:

Yea I usually pay $15 including tape for fresh line, sides and back tapered, and goatee/face in between full cut. Then $25 for a full cut every 2-3 weeks. Was wondering cause I'm in there getting lined/tapered every week I didn't realize how much $ I was spending on getting my hair cut till I added it up. Spending about $80 a month don't know how I feel about that. 
sick.gif
 That physical feeling in the chair and then walking out the door after though. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
That's why I bought the T-liner and do it myself. Only go back when I need the taper because I still can't do that properly ;{

Yea I'm definitely about to buy that new T-liner Brolic posted a week or so back (think it was Brolic).

Ima be out the country for about six months in 2015 and I'm not letting a European touch my hair so I'm gonna be cutting myself, probably gonna get a whole set of clippers and start practicing now. 

How difficult is it to learn how to taper, anybody had any success teaching themselves via youtube?

How difficult is it to learn how to taper, anybody had any success teaching themselves via youtube?

Not too hard actually, it just takes practice and if you're growing your hair out my advice would be to start at the thickest length (top of the taper) and work your way down. I don't mean cut in a downward pattern, I mean once you determine the thickest part of your taper you can figure out the steps/lengths of each successive guard and blend it accordingly.

One mistake that I always used to make when I first started out was going against the grain with a lower guard than the one I used to go with the grain. Don't do that. :lol:

A rule of thumb for me is go against the grain with a higher guard than you go with the grain to blend, even if it's only a half step higher.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom