Black guy hair cuts

Props you guys. Probably wait till cuffin season after the summer over before I **** my **** up tryin to learn somethin new. 
laugh.gif

I started cutting my own hair when I was 12. Finally was able to get a decent fade around 15-16, and even then, the only thing that saved my fade was my line up.

It's harder than it looks.

Sometimes I went to school with that chili-bowl look. Got super clowned many times, but I had the dope curls though so the girls saved me from the flame sessions.

Good luck with cutting your own stuff though, good luck

Last edited:
a-friend a-friend

You got heart son, I only let professionals touch my head my whole life....I been wolfin like wolverine for a month...definitely due for a cut n twist this weekend

a-friend a-friend

You got heart son, I only let professionals touch my head my whole life....I been wolfin like wolverine for a month...definitely due for a cut n twist this weekend

We had 9 kids in the household man so we weren't getting cuts at the barber. We had to rough it.
Mowed a couple lawns here and there for the money to buy things like Wahl Clippers or rent some video games, the struggle was real

We had 9 kids in the household man so we weren't getting cuts at the barber. We had to rough it.
Mowed a couple lawns here and there for the money to buy things like Wahl Clippers or rent some video games, the struggle was real

Damn 8 siblings I respect it...I woulda been collectin cans to get cut too shiiiit lol

My barber used to be 15 for kids, 20 for adults. But he's become big time now, so now it's 20 for kids and 25 for adults :smh:

About to get cut today :pimp:

Having a dope barber >>>>>>>> cutting your own hair. It's worth every penny

20 for kids is OD :x  . I remember i was little n $20 was my whole allowance  smh 

I know man :smh: Thank god he's my cousin and let's me slide for 15 :lol: He's really good though and his clientele is full of athletes and celebs So I understand it somewhat. Couldn't imagine paying 20 for a cut though, let alone 25

About to get cut today :pimp:

Having a dope barber >>>>>>>> cutting your own hair. It's worth every penny

Agreed. Getting a cut tomorrow :smokin

Last edited:
My barber used to cut me before he was in the shop we had mutual friends and known each other for like 10 years now. They started in his house for $10 for a whole cut. Then at the shop now a line/edge up (west coast/east coast) is $10, a line and taper is $15 and a cut is $25. Another $5 to make that $30 if you get yo facial touched. My cuts are still $20 for a full cut and $15 for a line and taper and I usually slide him a $2-3 tip at the end just cuz it look so saucy and he be havin me jump in the chair like I had an appointment already VIP treatment lol. I clean up my face as well and just let him fade the side burn out. And when I used to cut the top a lot I would cut it to the length I want and just let him taper or fade it so I could save a couple dollas

Fauxhawks and mohawks with designs in them are $40 now I'm so glad now I get to barely see anyone with that stupid cut

Last edited:
Hopefully I can finesse up on a hookup when I relocate. My barber charges $10 for a full cut & facial line up. I'm not a cheapskate by a long shot but to be
out of $40-50 for a cut (gas included) is kinda OD to me. Especially since I'm in the shop every week & a half or so.

My barber used to cut me before he was in the shop we had mutual friends and known each other for like 10 years now. They started in his house for $10 for a whole cut. Then at the shop now a line/edge up (west coast/east coast) is $10, a line and taper is $15 and a cut is $25. Another $5 to make that $30 if you get yo facial touched. My cuts are still $20 for a full cut and $15 for a line and taper and I usually slide him a $2-3 tip at the end just cuz it look so saucy and he be havin me jump in the chair like I had an appointment already VIP treatment lol. I clean up my face as well and just let him fade the side burn out. And when I used to cut the top a lot I would cut it to the length I want and just let him taper or fade it so I could save a couple dollas

Fauxhawks and mohawks with designs in them are $40 now I'm so glad now I get to barely see anyone with that stupid cut
Random, but does anyone eslse say shape up? I've never heard edge up used in real life and line up every now and then.

**** it in growing my hair out again
It's been so long since I had waves I can't do it again :smh:

Least I got some clippers so I can keep it faded now and lined up :smile:

Now if I can get this beard going again
I prolly woulda had it now if I stop goin to the barbershop :smh:

lil buddy eyes look tighter after the cut

i feel like he aint have to make the corner of his line so wide, but im not a barber

Nah, he hit him right where his natural corner is. I would take my time to illustrate it, but I'm about to dip.

Look at his before pic and draw an imaginary line from where that corner is peeking out and trace it down. It's in the same place after the cut.

Back
Top Bottom