Black guy hair cuts

Any suggestions on how to make my waves pop more? They just don’t look right to me.
Decided to give myself a cut the other day. Not bad but needs some more practice.
DF39B4F0-548F-471B-B865-BC7A246EAFA9.jpeg

Been cutting my own **** for a little over a year now... Think I gotta retire from that. Somehow I was doing my neck taper, and my guard slipped off and zeeked my **** :smh: Had to Kobe it all over. I got a milk dud head so that **** looked weird. Growing my hair back in for another week or two, no shape up. Gonna go back to letting the pros handle this for now :smh:

damn man id be devastated. I got about 1.5 years of hair growing and im just about out of the odd phase

Any suggestions on how to make my waves pop more? They just don’t look right to me.
Decided to give myself a cut the other day. Not bad but needs some more practice.

With waves, it's all about the taper and line up. Use a foil shaver to catch those fly aways without cutting into the long hair. Add a little pomade when you're done and they'll pop. What length guard are you using on top?

When i first tried cutting my hair I was using a 2 guard and cutting against the grain
With that above I was using a one guard with the grain and lever open.

When i first tried cutting my hair I was using a 2 guard and cutting against the grain
With that above I was using a one guard with the grain and lever open.
What guards are you using? I'm using the ones that came with my Fast Speeds. Probably where I went wrong.

When it comes to waves the more natural they look the better.

I see cats on YouTube bragging about 720 waves. Them joints be looking like finger waves.

What guards are you using? I'm using the ones that came with my Fast Speeds. Probably where I went wrong.
I was using the color guards that came with my Wahl clippers.

As for the other guy, a pro did this particular fade and my waves still come out the same. Matter it’s my brush pattern or the softness of my hair
E9192576-81C3-4BAE-B5DD-CE42F4DD9C46.jpeg

Last edited:
My barber gave me a dud today. Tapers wack and lined by beard too thin. Looks like hats for the next 2 weeks.

Happens every once in a while lol.

I was using the color guards that came with my Wahl clippers.

As for the other guy, a pro did this particular fade and my waves still come out the same. Matter it’s my brush pattern or the softness of my hair
E9192576-81C3-4BAE-B5DD-CE42F4DD9C46.jpeg
Ya'll new wavers don't understand.... when you cut your hair and your waves are looking prestigous... you guys cut against the grain which your hair won't like because the waves are trained to go with the grain... next time you want to cut your hair... use a 2 guard go against the grain lightly. Then hit the 1 with the guard open and cut with the grain. Be sure to brush your hair after the 2 guard..

my corners are light so i don't wave anymore but I think imma get the lebron at the end of the year... this flattop **** is cool but I lost my powers without my waves...

When I come back at the top of year I'll make a tutorial for your swagerless monkeys..

You need a taper ASAP

Also, you need to trim the hair at your line so the lineup will hit more.

Hit youtube and watch some how to videos

Ya'll new wavers don't understand.... when you cut your hair and your waves are looking prestigous... you guys cut against the grain which your hair won't like because the waves are trained to go with the grain... next time you want to cut your hair... use a 2 guard go against the grain lightly. Then hit the 1 with the guard open and cut with the grain. Be sure to brush your hair after the 2 guard..

my corners are light so i don't wave anymore but I think imma get the lebron at the end of the year... this flattop **** is cool but I lost my powers without my waves...

When I come back at the top of year I'll make a tutorial for your swagerless monkeys..

What you getting?

Lol why you say you lost your powers? They not showing you no love with the flat top.. my hair is thick right now but I'm in the same boat as you and kinda want to cut it off...

I could never cut my own hair. I barely can even line up my beard. Be in the mirror 20 minutes and still can't get the corners of my stache quite right.

It's funny tho..you know how when you in high school or whatever and you get a cut, couple days later your line grows out and you just hit it with the clippers real quick to keep it neat. Hadn't done that in years but tried it recently while feeling nostalgic. Got the fresh cut waited a few days then excitedly grabbed the clippers jumped in the mirror and was like hmm. My line is still solid but I never noticed that it doesn't grow out like that anymore. I didn't even realize I don't have a widow's peak anymore :lol:

Back
Top Bottom