Black guy hair cuts

Never really had short hair but I’ve had past shoulder length for the past 5 years. Got a cut on Wednesday and felt like I lost my powers but now I’m feeling myself :lol::pimp::pimp:

No more long *** annoying showers. Taking 6 minute showers again :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

I went to the salon so I didn’t get exactly what I wanted so I’m prob gonna wait a couple weeks or something and go to the barbershop to get cleaned up and get a small fade

This is the look I was going for but I don’t want that much fade I’d like it more like the last pic
434788C3-E11D-4588-9F78-7DE2DC615407.png
A4B1952E-03EC-46FD-8A02-59E3C65DFAA0.png
96210FF7-8B78-454D-B063-BE602D20F91A.png

You're a modern man, b.

Let us nappy boys have this one

:blush::blush:

I didn’t even read in here I just googled mike talk hair and thought it turned into the general hair thread :lol:

Last edited:
Adjustable lever went bad on my Oster Fast Feeds. Anyone know of a fix or are these finished? In the middle of my cut (finished what I needed the Fast Feeds for) and YouTube isn't helping right now.

How do you like your Osters? I’m running Wahl Clippers with a T-outliner but thinking about getting Osters and a peanut cordless

How do you like your Osters? I’m running Wahl Clippers with a T-outliner but thinking about getting Osters and a peanut cordless

Love em. I had cheap Wahls when I first started cutting, so it's hard to compare. Which model do you have? My outliners (with promate blade) have been on standby since I got the Bevel Trimmers. May actually sell them soon.

Love em. I had cheap Wahls when I first started cutting, so it's hard to compare. Which model do you have? My outliners (with promate blade) have been on standby since I got the Bevel Trimmers. May actually sell them soon.
it was the professional clippers, not the 5 stars but some cheaper version of them imo. I wanted to get the oster speeds and I might mod my outliners. I’m really tired of the cheap guards falling off mid cut and bending, I tried bald fading myself and only my left side is good, my right side and back of my neck are chewed up rn so i have to sit in the back of classes lmao

it was the professional clippers, not the 5 stars but some cheaper version of them imo. I wanted to get the oster speeds and I might mod my outliners. I’m really tired of the cheap guards falling off mid cut and bending, I tried bald fading myself and only my left side is good, my right side and back of my neck are chewed up rn so i have to sit in the back of classes lmao

That was part of my reasoning too. I also had to do a lot more passes to get it even compared to the Osters. The guard kit is like $20, but have been solid and stay attached a lot better. Most people with bald spots, who cut their own hair had cheap guards. I used to cut in college, so leaving someone with a bald spot would kill business for a little while lol

Adjustable lever went bad on my Oster Fast Feeds. Anyone know of a fix or are these finished? In the middle of my cut (finished what I needed the Fast Feeds for) and YouTube isn't helping right now.
What you mean it “went bad”? If it’s loose and moves on it’s own then you need to remove the screw holding it on, take a qtip dipped in alcohol and clean out the threads, then add some loctite to the screw and put the lever back in snug. Once the loctite dries it should be like new. If you’ve been overtightening the lever screw then the threads are probably stripped and ruined.

What you mean it “went bad”? If it’s loose and moves on it’s own then you need to remove the screw holding it on, take a qtip dipped in alcohol and clean out the threads, then add some loctite to the screw and put the lever back in snug. Once the loctite dries it should be like new. If you’ve been overtightening the lever screw then the threads are probably stripped and ruined.

That loctite looks like what I need. Already did the other steps. Didn't know if I would have to buy a separate lever or screw.

That loctite looks like what I need. Already did the other steps. Didn't know if I would have to buy a separate lever or screw.

Clean the screw threads with alcohol before adding the loctite to ensure you've got a clean surface for it to ahere. Does the screw just turn freely and never get tight or does it start off tight then back itself out as you move the lever?

Recently copped 2 Torino’s, they are overrated imo.

Am I the only one that can’t adjust my t outliner to save my life. Joint is either too sharp or it’s too dull no matter how I adjust it.

Clean the screw threads with alcohol before adding the loctite to ensure you've got a clean surface for it to ahere. Does the screw just turn freely and never get tight or does it start off tight then back itself out as you move the lever?

It turns freely now. Gonna grab some loctite tomorrow and try it.

Recently copped 2 Torino’s, they are overrated imo.

Am I the only one that can’t adjust my t outliner to save my life. Joint is either too sharp or it’s too dull no matter how I adjust it.

You gotta cut with it for a little so the blade sets right. It's somewhat difficult to get it to hit like a barbers does right after adjusting it.

It turns freely now. Gonna grab some loctite tomorrow and try it.

If it just turns freely with no tension at all, I’m afraid the threads in the clipper case are stripped. You can try loctite, but I’m pretty sure you need a new case. Unless you love the clipper, it might be a good excuse to try out a new clipper.

What are some good wavecaps and hair products? I've been using this shea moisture curl lately and while it's been good, my waves haven't gotten as deep as I wanted em to be.

Been growing my hair out for a while but I'm honestly ready to get it faded.. my hair waves up pretty easily when it's low and I was wondering does anybody have any suggestions on a good quality brush for thick hair.. thanks in advance...

was spinning heavy, have decided to go freeform dreads with a drop fade. I'll keep yall updated with the progress.

Back
Top Bottom