Black guy hair cuts

I can't front, I miss my waves, it's been almost 2 years. Grew my hair out and been using the sponge, also had my barber line me up with a half-moon on the left side word to AD.

You'll be back in 2 - 4 weeks whenever you trying to get on that surf board again.

Gotta haircut today. Trying a different look and I realized I don’t feel as fly with long hair as I do with wave length hair. **** looks weird on me :lol:

Imma be wearing hats whenever I step out until I go back and get my usual cut.

Gotta haircut today. Trying a different look and I realized I don’t feel as fly with long hair as I do with wave length hair. **** looks weird on me :lol:

Lol I've done this several times and instantly regretted the haircut I got and wore hats as well. What style did you try tho?

Are you in that 1-3 month fro stage.

I'm tryna grow mine back out too but that I between stage is where a ***** just dont feel good about his decision but after about 3 months my **** start locking up and the feeling of a chick in your hair is like nothing elese.

Currently about 2 months in and I want to cut it but ima tough it out this time.

Ima try and go the until next spring.

20200918_040525.jpg

Haven’t got a haircut since March 5. Thinking about getting a cut this week but keeping the top long. My go to cut was the drop fade.

I just wanna try something different. I’m working from home now and I don’t go anywhere anyways :lol:
Came in to say this, but right before April & my bday which got shutdown.
Gonna have to show my barber this next week.
411AC7AA-C7EB-4084-B143-80F96B5F634A.jpeg
I wear a silky at work so if I don’t like it, I’ll be ok. Considering dreads as well, again.

Lol I've done this several times and instantly regretted the haircut I got and wore hats as well. What style did you try tho?
I got this cut but not as long on the top.
017C1052-46EF-4265-A44B-4154B3214772.jpeg

I usually get this....beard and all.

B7862D44-37A3-4205-9BEA-93265313189A.jpeg

My girl likes it but she’s just saying that :lol: I absolutely hate it. I hate my beard equally more. Dude constructed a whole new beard shape :smh: like one cm away form being a chin strap. My usual barber left the shop and I went to the dude next to his booth cause we would chop it up from time to time. Fortunately we have to wear masks :lol:

Good thing about hair is that it grows back :pimp:

Are you in that 1-3 month fro stage.

I'm tryna grow mine back out too but that I between stage is where a ***** just dont feel good about his decision but after about 3 months my **** start locking up and the feeling of a chick in your hair is like nothing elese.

Currently about 2 months in and I want to cut it but ima tough it out this time.

Ima try and go the until next spring.

20200918_040525.jpg
At the beginning of this whole pandemic, I didn’t feel good about not getting a haircut. Then as weeks and months went by, I was like ok ok imma let it grow and try something new. My hair is a little more than your length at 6 months. My **** grows super slow.

If I ever experiment again, it’s not gonna be with my hair long :lol:

Thinking about breaking up with my barber too. The past like 2 years I swear I’ve never left fully happy with my cut, something is always annoying af with it

We used to be co workers before he became a barber so I’ve known him for like 10 years, might just cheat on him with my boy’s barber and go to him every other cut or something....nah I’m done ‼

Yeah my hair grows slow too. I'm in month 2 of going for a good sized fro, and that ugly stage is :smh:

I got this cut but not as long on the top.
017C1052-46EF-4265-A44B-4154B3214772.jpeg

I usually get this....beard and all.

B7862D44-37A3-4205-9BEA-93265313189A.jpeg

My girl likes it but she’s just saying that :lol: I absolutely hate it. I hate my beard equally more. Dude constructed a whole new beard shape :smh: like one cm away form being a chin strap. My usual barber left the shop and I went to the dude next to his booth cause we would chop it up from time to time. Fortunately we have to wear masks :lol:

Good thing about hair is that it grows back :pimp:
Lol no doubt my man. I totally feel you on that and I think it's because you're used to having your hair cut so low that it feels unnatural with your hair being thicker. at least that's what it was for me. If it was the other way around you would feel uncomfortable with your hair cut so low. The familiarity is what it is. As men we both know to go with our gut and we know how we feel once we get out of that chair and if you aren't digging it go with your gut and go back to that smooth low cut. Oh and trust me I know about Barbers butchering beards. Mine used to always give me the skinny puerto rican dude mustache so I stopped letting him edge mine up:lol:

Lol no doubt my man. I totally feel you on that and I think it's because you're used to having your hair cut so low that it feels unnatural with your hair being thicker. at least that's what it was for me. If it was the other way around you would feel uncomfortable with your hair cut so low. The familiarity is what it is. As men we both know to go with our gut and we know how we feel once we get out of that chair and if you aren't digging it go with your gut and go back to that smooth low cut. Oh and trust me I know about Barbers butchering beards. Mine used to always give me the skinny puerto rican dude mustache so I stopped letting him edge mine up:lol:
Yea man like 5 years ago I use to rock that Usher burst fade haircut. **** looked nice on me. Then I went away from that because of the maintenance. Like u said it’s been a while since I had long hair but this specific hairdo ain’t it. My head shape doesn’t compliment this cut. Maybe if I went back to the burst fade it wouldn’t mind. Man I don’t know why some barbers feel the need to cut the mustache so razor thin. Like why? I’m like might as well just cut the whole **** off. Probably the most annoying thing.

Looking for a Atlanta shop myself. Haven't had to do anything since I moved out here but if I let the dreads go I'm not doing it myself.

Thinking about breaking up with my barber too. The past like 2 years I swear I’ve never left fully happy with my cut, something is always annoying af with it

We used to be co workers before he became a barber so I’ve known him for like 10 years, might just cheat on him with my boy’s barber and go to him every other cut or something....nah I’m done ‼
download (1).jpg

Makes me think of this episode of Blackish.

Yeah hit up the barber last Friday, might be in the same boat. Dude took my beard down, wife was like what happened. My barber cut it off. :smh: Probably have to put him on timeout for that, wasn't sweating it "to much" had been contemplating taking it down low and letting it grow back out over the winter. However when I took my mask off and immediately felt the clippers touch my beard. I was like ain't no turning back now. On the way home I was telling myself yeah now you can use some new products to strength it and grow a fuller beard.
That fall off when your barber gets comfortable is crazy.
Yeah been going to dude for years, moved to three different barbershops with him. I looked up an old barber of mine on IG, but he talking crazy like $50 a cut during Covid. Nope. Barber certainly getting to comfortable, already only coming by once every 2 months, probably good for the end of the year except damn Christmas pictures. Might just rock a hat in all my Christmas pictures.

Yea man like 5 years ago I use to rock that Usher burst fade haircut. **** looked nice on me. Then I went away from that because of the maintenance. Like u said it’s been a while since I had long hair but this specific hairdo ain’t it. My head shape doesn’t compliment this cut. Maybe if I went back to the burst fade it wouldn’t mind. Man I don’t know why some barbers feel the need to cut the mustache so razor thin. Like why? I’m like might as well just cut the whole **** off. Probably the most annoying thing.
Sorry just now seeing this my man but yea I couldn't agree more. I've had to shave mine off a few times due to them making it too skinny smh..

Always hated fat joes beard :lol: .. one time I went to a new barber and he gave me this, got back to my car like noooo he gave me the fat joe
490EA835-95B6-4124-9A67-4D8D17CEDACC.png

If anyone in the Houston area, recommend me a good shop. I’m currently go to Bad Boyz...

Mr. Outliner
Here's his YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MrOutliner/videos

Last edited:
Looking for a Atlanta shop myself. Haven't had to do anything since I moved out here but if I let the dreads go I'm not doing it myself.

Only 2 ATL barbers I know are white guys, but both are beasts with the clippers

Vic Blends

Will Stamm

Reactions: ace
Back
Top Bottom