Black guy hair cuts

These barbers are increasing their prices to live a lavish lifestyle. They better understand that there's plenty of competition out there that can get the job done for a lot less.

I feel like it's all the really young guys that wanna charge so much.

I've been going to the same barber for 12+ years, Latino, probably early 40s at this point, and the prices have only gone from 12 to 15 to 20 during that time, which I am fine with since I'm comfortable with him and didn't mind following him to a couple of different shops not too far from me.

I've also been lining myself up, facial hair, sideburns, and back of my head, for 20+ years at this point. Used a Wahl Peanut for most of the time and recently got a Wahl Designer too. That's the one thing I don't like that my barber does anyways, facial hair, so I get to save myself 10 bucks and just do it myself. Got a Wahl Magic Clip Cordless in chrome during the pandemic to cut my own hair. I was so bad at it, but I didn't wanna risk getting sick, so I did enough to keep my hair tamed and not too wild.

My barber been faithful with the prices. Granted I just get a shapeup for hair/beard. (which I do on my own sometimes). If his prices start going up, then it's curtains for him.

My now ex barber has officially priced me out. Love bro to death but I knew this time was coming. I started out with him charging like $20 in 2015 now a full haircut is $75. Your first haircut is $95. Kids cut is $42. And shaping up your beard is $55. His skills are on point, easily best person to ever cut me up, but them prices I cant get with. $75 is more than some of my utility bills, plus he is like 45 minute drive away. Not worth it. He also was shopping around that $2000 year long membership for unlimited cuts as well. I respect the grind, you name your price and people wanna pay it then thats on them, I just cant do it.

I found a new barber thats fairly decent that is 4 minutes from my house and gets me right for $18

Even at 1 cut a week is $38 each time on average, andI assume ***** is still gonna expect a tip every time plus availability is probably going to be an issue since he'd prioritize new customers over your "free" visit.

These dudes say they do it based on the amount of people they cut per day so they don't burn themselves out.

Are there any barbers on NT to make sense of this? :lol:

It's just like any other subscription service. Comes down to how much you value getting your hair cut. It's obviously not for the guy who only gets a cut once a month or less. It's in the barber's best interest to get the money up front and bank on you not using it as often as intended, but is by no means unfair. It's an option just like prepaying for other subscriptions like car washes, etc.

I'm not a barber, but I taught myself to cut when I was in middle school through trial and error on my brother and friends. Now I cut my own hair and my son's every 3 weeks. IMO, learning to cut your own hair is a necessary skill like learning to shave, wipe your own ***, etc. I realize there are plenty of people who would rather pay someone to do things they can do themselves because it's not worth the trouble and that's cool too. There are cheap barbers out there, but you often get what you pay for, so it makes no sense to knock any barber who raises his price to what he thinks his time is worth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom