Black guy hair cuts

The prices on cuts is getting out of control. Blending is a art form but these prices are od, I’m bout to force myself to learn. When I had dreads a retwist and braids was $50 and that was good for damn near a month. $50 fades gonna have you spending a buck a month to stay on point.

The prices on cuts is getting out of control. Blending is a art form but these prices are od, I’m bout to force myself to learn. When I had dreads a retwist and braids was $50 and that was good for damn near a month. $50 fades gonna have you spending a buck a month to stay on point.
They upcharging on retwist as well bruh. Everything has gone up in price unfortunately

• Wow
Reactions: ace
Crazy to think I use to get a cut every two weeks back in the day. $20 and slide them a $5 on my way sometimes $10 around the holidays.

Yoo I just logged into my app to book an appointment and prices are up. So I need to get some things straight with my barber. I just got a goatee but it seems like by default that’s considered a beard? And it seems like is the tip included now? Cause you can’t expect $45 and a tip bruh. I’m just getting a simple fade down to the waves.

Imma need a wash, that black mask, and a hot towel to start justifying these prices :smh:

Yoo I just logged into my app to book an appointment and prices are up. So I need to get some things straight with my barber. I just got a goatee but it seems like by default that’s considered a beard? And it seems like is the tip included now? Cause you can’t expect $45 and a tip bruh. I’m just getting a simple fade down to the waves.

Imma need a wash, that black mask, and a hot towel to start justifying these prices :smh:
Spot will wash your hair while you wait, but I'm bald don't need a wash just tighten up the beard and I am out. I might text him and see what beard prices are. I can see paying $20 for a beard every other month or for special occasions.

These barbers are increasing their prices to live a lavish lifestyle. They better understand that there's plenty of competition out there that can get the job done for a lot less.

Learned to retwist my own hair. It's not as tight or crisp but it can get me buy between paying to get it done.

Only getting cuts once a month now unfortunately. Prices are too high.

Reactions: ace
Yall should've BEEN tried learning to cut your own hair. Early pandemic was the perfect time for trial and error practice. I'll go to the shop maybe once or twice a year to get a cut for Christmas/Thanksgiving but that's about it. Prices are crazy for the bare minimum out here.

I've gone to the same barber about 20 years now but he's on that $45 fade and a beard isht too. However one of my good friends goes to this old white dude in his 60s. He's retired military and been cutting hair since his army days. Cuts all types of hair. My boy says he has one of the best fade games in town and only charges $12 and is very precise has you in and out within 30 minutes if you have an appointment even without you can walk in and be out in less than an hour. My boy has the T.I. bald fade and it's always looking crispy. My hair grows quick so even if he messed me up it'll be back in two weeks I'm very very very tempted to try em out 😂🤷🏾‍♂️.

I've gone to the same barber about 20 years now but he's on that $45 fade and a beard isht too. However one of my good friends goes to this old white dude in his 60s. He's retired military and been cutting hair since his army days. Cuts all types of hair. My boy says he has one of the best fade games in town and only charges $12 and is very precise has you in and out within 30 minutes if you have an appointment even without you can walk in and be out in less than an hour. My boy has the T.I. bald fade and it's always looking crispy. My hair grows quick so even if he messed me up it'll be back in two weeks I'm very very very tempted to try em out 😂🤷🏾‍♂️
I don't know what you waiting on

These barbers are increasing their prices to live a lavish lifestyle. They better understand that there's plenty of competition out there that can get the job done for a lot less.

Or it could be skyrocketing commercial rents and general inflation. :lol:

None of us like paying higher prices for anything and maybe it's just coincidence but all the top barbers I know from back home are family men who stay they *** in the house.

Either way, I'm not buying the the wide scale greed and lavishness trope for a second.

Exactly.

It's not hard if you have pro tools

I'm shocked cats paying to get their beards done
I don't mind getting my beard done once every two months if that. I'm not paying to get my hair cut anymore. Plus even that might be to much, last time I went to my barber was back in December. Checking these prices don't foresee going anytime soon.
Y'all think it's a bubble that will crash at some point?
Barbers the new housing bubble. LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom