Black guy hair cuts

Should I shave my head all in one direction or in different directions?

It depends on if you are going With The Grain of your hair or against it. Usually when going against it doesn't really matter if you just cut it in one direction. If you decide to go with the train it's good to take your time and make sure the clippers are at the set length you want, also starting off with a higher level clipper guard is a safe choice just incase you decide it's not working out and too much is cut off.

[COLOR=#red]Thank me later my dudes :lol: This is some hair sheen a lady working as Sally's put me onto...It give a great sheen that brings out all the details and texture in your hair, but it's SUPER light and non-greasy. Lasts for a long time too. Works for Caesars, dreads, twists, cornrows, spinners, naturals,beards, etc. Key is you have to spray if at least 8 inches away and don't OD with it. A very little goes a long way. Telling y'all it makes my Caesar look two grades of hair better than it is :rofl:[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Thank me later my dudes
laugh.gif
This is some hair sheen a lady working as Sally's put me onto...It give a great sheen that brings out all the details and texture in your hair, but it's SUPER light and non-greasy. Lasts for a long time too. Works for Caesars, dreads, twists, cornrows, spinners, naturals,beards, etc. Key is you have to spray if at least 8 inches away and don't OD with it. A very little goes a long way. Telling y'all it makes my Caesar look two grades of hair better than it is
roll.gif
Most barbers use this.

The non Aerosol version is probably better for you.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that after dropping the Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Conditioner for Shea Moisture products, I'm not impressed.

I used the Shea Moisture shampoo once a week, and the curl enhancing smoothie daily. No conditioner. I did this for over 6 months my hair looked and felt dry.

Yesterday I started using the Totally Twisted conditioner again, and my hair is
pimp.gif
 My hair shrank a bit because it curled up like crazy but that's fine. Looks great, smells great, nice sheen, and it feels moisturized.

I stopped using the Herbal Essences conditioner because of the sulfates, parabens etc. so I'm not entirely happy that I'm using it again. If anything I'll use this conditioner daily and continue to use the Shea Moisture products so I can see how they work together.

For reference, I'm rocking a high top fade, dark on the sides and back type of haircut. Similar to this:

das jared dudely.

hair growth is diet n genetics. dont burn or over saturate ur hair with chemicLs,

Just got this cut. I like it. My barber had no idea what a drop fade was so I showed him this pic

Man I tried to get this same cut today, but dude basically gave me fade smh I already been growing a high-top fade and his excuse was I had to cut all my hair to get that look because I needed to train my hair thoughts?

Thank you my brothers in relationships.....going to check that shampoo out next time im at the store

Just got this cut. I like it. My barber had no idea what a drop fade was so I showed him this pic

Man I tried to get this same cut today, but dude basically gave me fade smh I already been growing a high-top fade and his excuse was I had to cut all my hair to get that look because I needed to train my hair thoughts?
He's a clown. Don't go back to him ever again

Thank me later my dudes :lol: This is some hair sheen a lady working as Sally's put me onto...It give a great sheen that brings out all the details and texture in your hair, but it's SUPER light and non-greasy. Lasts for a long time too. Works for Caesars, dreads, twists, cornrows, spinners, naturals,beards, etc. Key is you have to spray if at least 8 inches away and don't OD with it. A very little goes a long way. Telling y'all it makes my Caesar look two grades of hair better than it is :rofl:

Most barbers use this.

The non Aerosol version is probably better for you.

thank's i'll check it out

I finally got around to checkin out the shea moisturizers you guys have been recommending, I didn't realize the line was like 30 products deep. Which ones are you guys using for everyday moisturizing?

For those dealing with razor bumps, Skin Tend works WONDERS! It's like $11.00 a bottle but will have your face COMPLETELY bump free in 2 days

I finally got around to checkin out the shea moisturizers you guys have been recommending, I didn't realize the line was like 30 products deep. Which ones are you guys using for everyday moisturizing?

I only use their shampoo, use coconut oil to moisture but I've heard good things about the curl enhancing smoothie & the style milk. Plus the coconut in it smells so damn good :smokin

Edit they have a mens line but it smells absolutely terrible :x

Last edited:
Also, can anyone comment on black barbers cutting brown people's hair.  I've never went to a black barber and was debating on going to one as I want to get a combover fade 

Back
Top Bottom