Black guy hair cuts

I've been brushing like a madman and using my durag but my waves haven't started to form on the sides and the back.

Anybody got any tips for waves on the sides and back?
Or just tips and suggestions on waving in general?

I've been brushing like a madman and using my durag but my waves haven't started to form on the sides and the back.

Anybody got any tips for waves on the sides and back?
Or just tips and suggestions on waving in general?
Brush your hair in the shower, whether you shampoo that day or not. Leave hair slightly damp when applying your wave pomade, brush then Durag for at least 30mins. Brush through the day when your just watching tv or whatever(free time) and of course always sleep with your durag on.
Ps. No need to be that dude brushing your hair in the streets, leave your brush at home.

Black guy here and I vouch completely for the straight razor shave. The andis should just be used for the initial line, but straight razor is crucial for that noticeably clean FEEL. Haven't gotten a hair cut in about 10years without one.

For razor bumps I use bump stopper 2 from Walmart. I also get my blades from Walmart. Can't remember the name but they come in an orange box (german made) best blades I've come across in stores, I haven't ordered any of the big names online yet.
Lightskin black guy, and I shave at least every other day.

Razor bumps got vicious recently smh. Never really had a problem with them till the last couple of months.

My homegirl told me about tend skin but i couldnt find any at Walgreens last night. Copped some maximum strength bump patrol and been using it. Hopefully ill be clear by the end of the week.

Brush your hair in the shower, whether you shampoo that day or not. Leave hair slightly damp when applying your wave pomade, brush then Durag for at least 30mins. Brush through the day when your just watching tv or whatever(free time) and of course always sleep with your durag on.
Ps. No need to be that dude brushing your hair in the streets, leave your brush at home.

Yeah, I brushed my hair in the shower and got results in a week. By week 3 the waves got legit deep. I rarely brush my hair when it's dry. I have a brush I use in the shower, and a bryshI i carry with me that I only really use if I get sweaty or it rains

Straight razor x hot towel x moisturize + shave with a t liner 3-4 days later just to prevent razor bumps...

My barber hits me with the straight razor everytime... the key is to keeping it low after the razor... once it starts to grow ingrowns will be a menace.

For razor bumps I use bump stopper 2 from Walmart. I also get my blades from Walmart. Can't remember the name but they come in an orange box (german made) best blades I've come across in stores, I haven't ordered any of the big names online yet.
Lightskin black guy, and I shave at least every other day.

Van Der Hagen, I've been tempted to cop on of their razors but the T-liner is doing the job right now

Haven't touched the Profoil in a few weeks, I'm not risking those bumps again

Last edited:
Van Der Hagen, I've been tempted to cop on of their razors but the T-liner is doing the job right now

Haven't touched the Profoil in a few weeks, I'm not risking those bumps again
The t-liner worked for me for years. Especially at the barber shop how they make them shaper. I've sucked it up and resorted to using tweezers to prevent serious ingrowns, as black men its hard to get around them.

I adjusted mine to make them sharper too, they cut low enough to give the impression I used a razor. They are lacking that last bit of smoothness though

So on my pair of andis masters, i started cutting my hair and the whole blade shifted up on one side. When i looked at it there was one screw missing.

Is there a certain blade i can replace it with or is it better to just get a new pair? The onky thing i dont like about my masters is that the lever is kind of loose and doesnt stay in place while cutting.

So on my pair of andis masters, i started cutting my hair and the whole blade shifted up on one side. When i looked at it there was one screw missing.

Is there a certain blade i can replace it with or is it better to just get a new pair? The onky thing i dont like about my masters is that the lever is kind of loose and doesnt stay in place while cutting.

You can easily buy a new blade that should include screws. Firming up that lever is also not a big deal. There are YouTube videos that show exactly how to do it.

Got mine cut a few weeks back for lent. Immediately regret it :lol:. Growing it back now

Back
Top Bottom