Black guy hair cuts

running to twitter for fake sympathy.
Black barbershops tend to be welcoming establishments. If cats judging you on your sexuality go to establishments that are welcoming, or start your own barber shop.

Son either pulled up dressed as a harlequin or was walking like he had sugar in his tank

plus-size-womens-regal-harlequin-costume.jpg

Not sure if this is the right thread for this question but I figured I would start here :lol:

How often are y’all getting cuts/shape ups? I am fine with getting a 1 every 2-3 weeks from a hair length standpoint but like halfway through that I feel like I need a shaper to tighten things up but I’m just not sure if that is forcing it or I’m just being anal (pause if necessary).

Wanted to get some professional opinions

Not sure if this is the right thread for this question but I figured I would start here :lol:

How often are y’all getting cuts/shape ups? I am fine with getting a 1 every 2-3 weeks from a hair length standpoint but like halfway through that I feel like I need a shaper to tighten things up but I’m just not sure if that is forcing it or I’m just being anal (pause if necessary).

Wanted to get some professional opinions
I cut my hair every 3 weeks and shape up 1-2X per week, every time I shave my face. I suggest at least getting a decent set of trimmers and teaching yourself. If you have younger (siblings, cousins, nephew, son) who aren’t particular about their hair, they make the perfect canvases. I learned on my brother when we were in middle school.

How long was it and what style were you wearing

I went from a baby afro... to braids...to ugggh.

It just got too long, and too much to maintain.

It got to the point where I realized that I had no idea what I was doing with it, and just having it was too much.

Going back to dark and thick waves with a blowout on the sides and back simply made me feel better.

It looks better too.

I think I am done experimenting... and will just keep things simple going forward.

I cut my hair every 3 weeks and shape up 1-2X per week, every time I shave my face. I suggest at least getting a decent set of trimmers and teaching yourself. If you have younger (siblings, cousins, nephew, son) who aren’t particular about their hair, they make the perfect canvases. I learned on my brother when we were in middle school.

I think that is what is bothering me. I’m shaving my face and **** is smooth AF but it makes the non-crispy lineup standout. I unfortunately don’t have anyone to practice on but you at least confirmed for me that I’m not wildin for wanting a lineup in between then :lol:

I gotta see what is up with my upcoming travel schedule but moving forward I am definitely going to figure out something within that time between cuts and your post gave me some great insight. Thanks bro! :nthat:

Blake P Blake P thanks again for the guidance. I made it to to the shop RIGHT at 7:56PM (I thought they closed later but whatever :lol:). The **** took like 15 minutes and no lie - I feel significantly better now :nthat:

It’s funny because this makes me think of the washed thread. I used to get geeked about Friday afternoon cuts for the weekend f’ery and now I’m hyped about Monday night shapeups before a gauntlet of meetings :lol:

Barbers do yall recommend using Andis Cool Care Plus?

I cut my sons hair but I also take them to the barber a few times a year and I was wondering exactly what the spray was for

Back
Top Bottom