Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Yeah I think that's the reason most heads that really appreciate these shoes collect. Brings back those childhood memories.

idk why but even tho I wasnt born till the 90s and was too young to appreciate it I still understand that nostalgia when it comes to retros and listening to 90s music. I guess I just like the retro feel

Even a lot of the people that were around when some of these shoes first dropped didn't have collections like you see today. Which is why they buy what they like(d) now and may not have owned back then. I remember doing yard work in the neighborhood to save money and then sometimes my gma would throw me the difference to buy some of the shoes I got. My parents weren't spending 100+ on a pair of sneakers. The average person didn't spend money as freely on commodities. The economy in the 80s suffered and didn't really start to recover until early to mid 90s, people were more reluctant to live off of credit or didn't qualify for it the way it is these days. There wasn't as much money to be made, so there were a lot of families living check to check just to get by.

But I feel you on liking things you may have been to young to remember at the time. You were probably still around family, friends or other people who were into those things growing up. So it still has that nostalgic feel to it.

I felt like a damn king because I had one pair of IV's through VII's when I was a kid. I'd get a pair for my birthday or Christmas to use for basketball season. My dad used to joke that he had to buy his shoes at K-Mart so he could afford mine.

Nobody had big collections of shoes like I see kids with today. I see pics of kids with a lot of different colorways of KD's and LeBron's I can't believe how many kids have massive collections. I'm a grown man with a full time job and disposable income to afford this hobby and I'm sure plenty of 14 year olds out there would take a crap on my collection.

But as for the Black/Infrared VI's those were my favorite pair as a kid so I am really looking forward to getting another pair.

Durabuck, nubuck, roebuck, i dont care. I'm just trying to grab every shoe i had as a kid, and this is one of them .
Preach fam preach 
smokin.gif

I forgot save a buck, which is what Nike is currently seem to be using.
But seriously, the black infrared and the shoes I wore for my senior pic, the Bordeaux VII, I'm done buying jays.
View media item 911811

There's a lot of other good shoe models to go after. There's AF1's, KD's, Kobe's, LeBron's, Nike SB's, and so on. I personally I couldn't see myself going away from Jordan's, at least not completely. I'd have to find a way to be able to incorporate all the shoe's I like into one decent collection. But I do see a lot of people lately talking about selling their collection's, not buying anymore Jordan's, among other thing's and well at the end of the day to each his own right?

There's a lot of other good shoe models to go after. There's AF1's, KD's, Kobe's, LeBron's, Nike SB's, and so on. I personally I couldn't see myself going away from Jordan's, at least not completely. I'd have to find a way to be able to incorporate all the shoe's I like into one decent collection. But I do see a lot of people lately talking about selling their collection's, not buying anymore Jordan's, among other thing's and well at the end of the day to each his own right?
I'm on that boat, I had 100+ kicks including some gems like the 2001 Columbias, 2003 Flu Games, and a couple more old Jordans, I sold them all including Royal 1s, Concord 11s, Hare 7s, and I sold them all for just over $200 and nothing more. I just couldn't deal with it anymore, the hype was wild and I was angry lol idk why. I don't really regret it, I wish I would've held on to a couple of kicks but it is what it is. Now I just have the white infrared 6 and white cement 88 3s. I had to sell my Laneys which were hurting my pinky toes (don't know why I sized down .5) for $140. I am now only buying kicks that I absolutely need, I've learned to pass on kicks that although I think are gorgeous aren't necessities.

Everyone is trying to bring back that 90s feel when in the 90s no one was really about hoarding kicks. They bought what they really liked and wore the **** outta them. It took me a while to realize this and sadly it also took me a while to be smart and pick and choose my kicks instead of buying every "coveted" retro JB gives me that is most likely **** compared to what Ewing will give me or Reebok which is where I'm putting most of my focus now on anyway.

pharaohrache pharaohrache I feel you on that I've never really been comfortable with having a big collection of shoes most of which will sit in my closet and collect dust. I like having a small collection of kicks that I know I'll wanna wear often, and they still only get worn a couple times a month

maybe when I'm older I'll buy shoes I like just for the sake of collecting and treat it as a hobby but as hard as it is to buy Nikes now it's really too much effort to buy a shoe and not wear it

is it the clear sole that keeps you from wearing them on the regular

nah they're pretty yellow I've had em a couple years but I like it yellowed, makes em look more retro to me, it pops with the red accents plus you can't avoid it. I wouldn't let that stop me from wearing the shoe regardless

they're a little big tho and 6s sit kinda weird with my jeans, those are the main reasons. I don't really wear any of my Jordan's anymore tho except to the gym once in awhile

@PharaohRache I feel you on that I've never really been comfortable with having a big collection of shoes most of which will sit in my closet and collect dust. I like having a small collection of kicks that I know I'll wanna wear often, and they still only get worn a couple times a month

maybe when I'm older I'll buy shoes I like just for the sake of collecting and treat it as a hobby but as hard as it is to buy Nikes now it's really too much effort to buy a shoe and not wear it
Definitely, I like wearing the same pair of kicks for months straight, that's just me. I feel some type of way knowing kicks are just decomposing in my closet lol feel like I wasted money that could've went to something else.

i hate the materials in the 09 one once these release again the 09 aren't gonna be worth much anymore
You mean 2010, but yeah I've seen them in person, held them, all that and they aren't that bad to me. I know the majority disagree but the only thing I would change from those 2010 would be the color. I know they are far from the OG's and I rather have the one pictured in this thread recently by SNKRBX but I wouldn't mind those 2010 black/reds from the pack. They're not as bad as the varsities in my eyes.

Anyone catch any high res photos of HOV at Coachella yesterday?
He had the black/infs on but when searching for photos I couldn't find any close-ups.
Kinda curious to see if they were the 2014s.
:nerd:

I'm trying to grab every shoe I loved and couldn't afford growing up as a kid and then some with some of the dope Retro+ colorways, so I guess we're in a similar position.
excactly how I feel.. my parents would never buy me jordans, i was lucky if I could get a pair of nikes with a visible air bubble.. so now I buy all the shoes I couldnt and them some :smile:

I'm on that boat, I had 100+ kicks including some gems like the 2001 Columbias, 2003 Flu Games, and a couple more old Jordans, I sold them all including Royal 1s, Concord 11s, Hare 7s, and I sold them all for just over $200 and nothing more. I just couldn't deal with it anymore, the hype was wild and I was angry lol idk why. I don't really regret it, I wish I would've held on to a couple of kicks but it is what it is. Now I just have the white infrared 6 and white cement 88 3s. I had to sell my Laneys which were hurting my pinky toes (don't know why I sized down .5) for $140. I am now only buying kicks that I absolutely need, I've learned to pass on kicks that although I think are gorgeous aren't necessities

Everyone is trying to bring back that 90s feel when in the 90s no one was really about hoarding kicks. They bought what they really liked and wore the **** outta them. It took me a while to realize this and sadly it also took me a while to be smart and pick and choose my kicks instead of buying every "coveted" retro JB gives me that is most likely **** compared to what Ewing will give me or Reebok which is where I'm putting most of my focus now on anyway.

Repped!

Well said!

I feel yall!! I was lucky enough to have one pair of I-XIV as a kid. And like you said, I beat each pair into the ground. Nothing like the kids nowadays. And again, I agree with my kicks sitting collecting dust. I wear 4 pairs a month, max. Im only down to the missing pairs and then, Im good! Ive moved into cars now. If these arent durabuck, Its a no go for me.

I have a feeling pics are going to start surfacing around soon. Production dates for black Friday releases were between May-June. So hopefully we see a pic of these by next month.

Back
Top Bottom